Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trilogy swap

Quote Originally Posted by TrilogyMarauder View Post
    I've got one with just under 25,000 miles with Trilogy and no issues for $27,500.

I know, I spotted that one a while back, great deal, but I don’t think that would fly here in the People’s Republic. ;-)
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

I've got one with just under 25,000 miles with Trilogy and no issues for $27,500.
    Seriously? You’re selling?

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    There is a poor coolant passage on head at cyl.7, 8..coolant can pool instead of flow so it gets hot. Head cooling mod is cheap insurance. It can happen to s/c cars or stockers. dohc mustang guys can have same issue
    This was a huge thing on the 03/04 cobras. Ford revised the head and fixed the 03 cobras that were brought in with the issue but I don’t know whether they sent notice out or not. When I began my cobra search I hunted for a 2004 partly because of this issue only to find out that the revised part and the 04s could still have the same problem.

Head cooling mod is definitely worth the investment but it doesn’t guarantee it won’t happen, just reduces the chances.

Lastly, I’m new to marauders but have you checked to see if your issue is a simple belt slip? The blower belts slip pretty easily even on stock boost. A nice belt and aftermarket idler pulley setup will help a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by blownsob View Post
    This was a huge thing on the 03/04 cobras. Ford revised the head and fixed the 03 cobras that were brought in with the issue but I don’t know whether they sent notice out or not. When I began my cobra search I hunted for a 2004 partly because of this issue only to find out that the revised part and the 04s could still have the same problem.

Head cooling mod is definitely worth the investment but it doesn’t guarantee it won’t happen, just reduces the chances.

Lastly, I’m new to marauders but have you checked to see if your issue is a simple belt slip? The blower belts slip pretty easily even on stock boost. A nice belt and aftermarket idler pulley setup will help a ton.
    Trilogy blower marauders are not known to have alot of belt slip. upgrading the stock tensioner is a good upgrade. i have a 2.8 upper, 4 lb lower, no belt slip here .
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by Gccch View Post
    I think he's just saying that he was fortunate enough to get his from you for $xxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    I think he's just saying that he was fortunate enough to get his from you for $xxxxxx
    He was! Haha... it’s a great car!

Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    He was! Haha... it’s a great car!
    It is a pristine Marauder with Trilogy and low low miles but if someone wants it for $27,500 I would let it go. Only because I see a Hellcat in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Dropped Valve seats most likely. A bore scope will rule out a piston problem

Wow, I somehow missed the whole no compression comment... definitely not blower belt slip.

Sorry to hear, hopefully everything gets worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a pristine Marauder with Trilogy and low low miles but if someone wants it for $27,500 I would let it go. Only because I see a Hellcat in my future.
    I like hellcats too, as does my Marauder.....
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information