Thread: Toyota Prius

Toyota Prius

If you are currious about what Prius owners are thinking and saying, check out the Prius Forum. I did.

http://priuschat.com/

http://www.priusonline.com/
    Last edited by guspech750; 03-09-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

If you want a hybrid, buy a Fusion or Milan. The Prius sucks, even when it's working "correctly".
    Former Marauder Owner

no hybrid around here, give me a deisel Volkswagen for a car, or a Duramax for a truck.

Tempting to become a member to stir up the pot MUHAHAHAHA
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Maybe if I ever lose my man-parts in a tragic accident and have nothing else to live for, I will log onto a Prius forum.

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Tempting to become a member to stir up the pot MUHAHAHAHA
    I was thinking the same.. See if they have Prius meets and do a Panther meet at the same time and place and start doing burnouts or just idle the engine for no reason to piss them off.

I don't know if they still are, but my understanding is that Ford was buying their hybrid system from Toyota. The first year hybrid Escape had Toyota hardware with Ford software. The Ford software was supposedly not very good so they began buying the entire system including software from Toyota. At this point I do not know if Ford ever developed their own system or continue to buy it from Toyota.

If they are still buying it, how long until we see runaway Fusions?
    2018 F-250 6.7L Crew Cab 4x4
    2013 Dodge Charge R/T Daily Driver/Beater - All original 208K miles and counting
    Sold - 04 Marauder, Silver, Dark Interior, Factory Sunroof.
    Z-Tune, JLT CAI, Z&M Control Arms, KYB Shocks, BC4E Dead Pedal, Pro Guard, Sparta Watts links, R1 Slotted Front Rotors, Braided SS Brake Lines, Automatic Traction Control "Turner-Offer".
    4.10 FRPP gears awaiting install (on extended hold).

Hahahaha runaway Fusions, I don't think Ford would be dumb enough to use EVERYTHING from Toyota to develop a hybrid system.
    MM Production Sequence Number 406 of 3214 2004 Silver Birch #147 of 993 (Sold 6/5/15)

Other toys:
    -2015 Dodge Charger RT Plus, Phantom black pearl, prl/blk lthr, 5.7 MDS Hemi, on order/D1, build date 6/20/15
    -1996 Chevy impala SS, very fast car, DCM w/moonroof
    -2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond Pearl
    -1999 Cadillac Seville STS, Sterling Silver (Sold)
    -2010 Dodge Charger Pursuit, Hemi, marked patrol take home

I thought I read somewhere the part that is failing on the Toyotas is indeed the same exact part, from the same exact supplier on the Fords over seas that is also having issues, although not nearly as bad. I also heard that part is manufactured in the US, but doesn't mean the specs for it weren't generated from china.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by crabby125 View Post
    I was thinking the same.. See if they have Prius meets and do a Panther meet at the same time and place and start doing burnouts or just idle the engine for no reason to piss them off.
    I was so thinking the same thing. Maybe we'll have someone on a SUV forum arrange a meet by them as well and we'll have a burnout contest.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

from everything I've read, it isn't the hardware failure part that's making the Toyotas go nuts, it's the poor coding on the software end that interprets the failure of the hardware and makes the car go nuts. Consequently, I've heard that the American manufacturers built in a better failsafe on the drive-by-wire system so that if the hardware sensors fail, the car will not go hard acceleration.

Thread Information