Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Marauderville 2018

Seattle, I am leaning towards July so that we may piggy back on Mustangs Northwest's Mustang Roundup, the largest annual gathering of mustangs.

The Roundup hold's their track day on Thursday at Pacific Raceways formally known as SIR, a track about an hour outside of Seattle, I went a few years ago and IIRC it was about $150 which is about as cheap as a good track day gets, and all Ford powered vehicles are welcome, they have a mandatory drivers meeting Wed night so arriving Wed and driving the track on Thursday will be a optional part of the trip.

Friday and Saturday we will break off from the Roundup and see local attractions such as:

Seattle stuff: Seattle Science Center, Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the 1st Starbucks

Cruise (3hr 1way) to the Pacific Ocean, great picture opportunity will all marauders lined up in front of the ocean. The drive has nice views along the way. The city of ocean shores has plenty to do and see. Also a potential option is a group fishing charter, salmon season should be open in July - although I am not sure what we would do with our catch.

Cruise (2.5hr 1way) to the Bavarian theme town of Leavenworth, plenty to do and see, drink beer and eat brats and pretzels, this could potentially be moved to Sunday night, or Monday night, as an optional overnight stay in the themed town.

Cruise (3hr round trip) around Whidbey island in the Puget sound. Take one of Washington state's ferries across the water, stop and visit the historic Fort Casey military fort. Another great opportunity for some group pictures, explore the fort and the beaches of the sound, lighthouse ect. Return trip through Deception pass with great views.

Redhook brewery tour - Redmond WA
    LeMay - America's Car Museum - Tacoma WA
    The Museum of Flight - Seattle WA
    Boeing Factory tour - Everett WA

Sunday join back up with the Roundup for their All Ford Show and picnic in Bellevue WA. This is a huge show with plenty of cars to look at and people choice award's. In years past they have included Crown Vic and Marauder Categories' thanks to our attendance and they would certainly welcome our group in. It would also serve as a platform for our internal MV awards. They have multiple food trucks, a dynamometer, shwag vendors and plenty of sun/shade.

Seattle-Tacoma international airport is large and has regular service to all parts of the country for those who would not want to make the long drive.

Not a full proposal, but I have put some serious thought into it. IIRC proposal submissions are usually requested in March so I think I still have some time to work on more details, but I hope this post will generate some excitement and let you all know that I(and some others who's help I will certainly require) are serious about making a go of this.
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

How about lexington kentucky? ....

Quote Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
    Seattle, I am leaning towards July so that we may piggy back on Mustangs Northwest's Mustang Roundup, the largest annual gathering of mustangs.

The Roundup hold's their track day on Thursday at Pacific Raceways formally known as SIR, a track about an hour outside of Seattle, I went a few years ago and IIRC it was about $150 which is about as cheap as a good track day gets, and all Ford powered vehicles are welcome, they have a mandatory drivers meeting Wed night so arriving Wed and driving the track on Thursday will be a optional part of the trip.

Friday and Saturday we will break off from the Roundup and see local attractions such as:

Seattle stuff: Seattle Science Center, Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the 1st Starbucks

Cruise (3hr 1way) to the Pacific Ocean, great picture opportunity will all marauders lined up in front of the ocean. The drive has nice views along the way. The city of ocean shores has plenty to do and see. Also a potential option is a group fishing charter, salmon season should be open in July - although I am not sure what we would do with our catch.

Cruise (2.5hr 1way) to the Bavarian theme town of Leavenworth, plenty to do and see, drink beer and eat brats and pretzels, this could potentially be moved to Sunday night, or Monday night, as an optional overnight stay in the themed town.

Cruise (3hr round trip) around Whidbey island in the Puget sound. Take one of Washington state's ferries across the water, stop and visit the historic Fort Casey military fort. Another great opportunity for some group pictures, explore the fort and the beaches of the sound, lighthouse ect. Return trip through Deception pass with great views.

Sunday join back up with the Roundup for their All Ford Show and picnic in Bellevue WA. This is a huge show with plenty of cars to look at and people choice award's. In years past they have included Crown Vic and Marauder Categories' thanks to our attendance and they would certainly welcome our group in. It would also serve as a platform for our internal MV awards. They have multiple food trucks, a dynamometer, shwag vendors and plenty of sun/shade.

Seattle-Tacoma international airport is large and has regular service to all parts of the country for those who would not want to make the long drive.

Not a full proposal, but I have put some serious thought into it. IIRC proposal submissions are usually requested in March so I think I still have some time to work on more details, but I hope this post will generate some excitement and let you all know that I(and some others who's help I will certainly require) are serious about making a go of this.
    Go for it I am in. Drive time in the Marauder...WIN!!!
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

I'll drag my junk out there next year even if nobody else shows! PM me the dates when it gets closer and I'll set aside vacation time.

Seems appropriate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    How about lexington kentucky? ....
    I see what you did there...

Quote Originally Posted by L.Mark View Post
    How's about Sugar Tit State Park ?
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by L.Mark View Post
    Lmao! Just saying, they were so gung ho on going 2(?) years ago, that they completely lost an event. I figured they would be gung ho on going there now...what happened? No interest anymore....kind of like mv17?

To the top?
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    Lmao! Just saying, they were so gung ho on going 2(?) years ago, that they completely lost an event. I figured they would be gung ho on going there now...what happened? No interest anymore....kind of like mv17?
    I have no public comment on this(ask me in person)

I really hope something is worked out...a more simplified criteria AND agenda to help facilitate people wanting to plan and organize MV's in the future...

I think he means springfield mo.

Seattle, I am leaning towards July so ......
    Plan it and we will come. Just asking for an early warning on dates, so that we can ask for time off. July is prime vacation time, maybe some of those with kids can make it with school being out. Looking forward to the cross country trip northern version.
    MARAUDERS get me ****!

MVXV plan submitted.

I just submitted a real offer before 2018! It took me about 1.5 hours to do. Will anyone else stand up? It is really easy find a drag strip or road coarse and provide website links to the committee. Also provide enough other links for other events to fill a few days within an hour of two.

52 Ford F1 truck (302 V8 WIP)
    58 Pontiac Parisienne
    93 Mustang Cobra (stock)
    03 Mercury Marauder
    03 Lincoln Town Car
    05 Dodge Magnum (Hemi)
    05 F150 FX4
    15 Porsche Cayenne S

Quote Originally Posted by FW_Linc/Merc View Post
    I just submitted a real offer before 2018! It took me about 1.5 hours to do. Will anyone else stand up? It is really easy find a drag strip or road coarse and provide website links to the committee. Also provide enough other links for other events to fill a few days within an hour of two.
    Please confine your deliberations to relatively central places. I can't take the time or spend the money required for a 1000+ mile round trip (from northern Indiana) by car. I suspect that I am not alone in this. Have it in Seattle for example, and the only people who will probably be able to come live to the west of Phoenix, are retired, or can afford to have their MM trucked in. Just sayin.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelQualityMan View Post
    Please confine your deliberations to relatively central places. I can't take the time or spend the money required for a 1000+ mile round trip (from northern Indiana) by car. I suspect that I am not alone in this. Have it in Seattle for example, and the only people who will probably be able to come live to the west of Phoenix, are retired, or can afford to have their MM trucked in. Just sayin.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Seriously? This is a national forum. Whatever the location, it’s going to be inconvenient for somebody. If Indiana is picked, it’s 10 hours for me, but about 30 hours for anyone from the West Coast. Maybe we should all show up at your house to make it convenient for you?
    Last edited by Comin' in Hot; 12-10-2017 at 06:00 PM.
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (Sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (Sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information