Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's "warmpancakes"??

Where's "warmpancakes"??

We were haggling over his NOS Marauder tail lights a couple weeks ago and.......poof....he's GONE!!

Anyone know how to contact him since PMs don't seem to work??
    No Marauder

IHOP......

I think Jerry Barnes overtook that sale based on his explantion. he offered a cash deal for the lot, and it was accepted, as he has the car,motors, wheels, parts. Jerry said he would list up stuff, but it will take a while to inventory, move I would imagine
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    I think Jerry Barnes overtook that sale based on his explantion. he offered a cash deal for the lot, and it was accepted, as he has the car,motors, wheels, parts. Jerry said he would list up stuff, but it will take a while to inventory, move I would imagine

^^^THIS^^^ mr. pancakes didn’t want any help either, I offered to drive up and help him price said parts, he said he was selling them for the widow, sounds like he was buying bits and pieces cheap and making money.

He didn’t want any help other than pm’ing what he had and asking a price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Hmmmmm....somehow I missed that....glad Jerry got the parts for his car!!
    No Marauder

For some reason I thought warmpancakes and Jerry Barnes were one and the same. At least the mystery is solved.
    Former owner of a 2004 DTR MM

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    ^^^THIS^^^ mr. pancakes didn’t want any help either, I offered to drive up and help him price said parts, he said he was selling them for the widow, sounds like he was buying bits and pieces cheap and making money.

He didn’t want any help other than pm’ing what he had and asking a price.

I was in Detroit a couple weeks ago and bought the headlights and side markers from him, and what your saying simply isn't true , he was actually selling items for the widow as stated , we came to a price agreement only after he called the widow to get an ok on the price , all of this assumption without knowing the facts really needs to stop , I can see why he didn't want to be bothered with all the second guessing B.S.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN View Post
    I was in Detroit a couple weeks ago and bought the headlights and side markers from him, and what your saying simply isn't true , he was actually selling items for the widow as stated , we came to a price agreement only after he called the widow to get an ok on the price , all of this assumption without knowing the facts really needs to stop , I can see why he didn't want to be bothered with all the second guessing B.S.
    Since you chose to quote me...What I said was true, he only wished for me to give him some guidance on pricing(via pictures and descriptions), he did not want any hands on help.

One can assume he was making money on the deal, maybe not, only he and the prior owner of the parts know for certain. He certainly didn't want anyone else involved, for obvious reasons it would seem.

After Jerry Barnes bought the car and parts, he disappeared. So, what assumption can we get from that? Or is that second guessing as well?

If he wan't making any money and was doing it to just help the woman who lost her husband, kudo's to him, he would be an outstanding person for doing so. He had a lot of stuff to sell, based on pics and descriptions, and I could understand the 1 lot sale, there were truckloads of parts. As long as the widow got what she thought was a fair price, that's all that matters.

Which leads me to, if I keel over tomorrow, and my wife sells my junk for what I told her I paid for it, someone is getting a deal.

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    Since you chose to quote me...What I said was true, he only wished for me to give him some guidance on pricing(via pictures and descriptions), he did not want any hands on help.

One can assume he was making money on the deal, maybe not, only he and the prior owner of the parts know for certain. He certainly didn't want anyone else involved, for obvious reasons it would seem.

After Jerry Barnes bought the car and parts, he disappeared. So, what assumption can we get from that? Or is that second guessing as well?

If he wan't making any money and was doing it to just help the woman who lost her husband, kudo's to him, he would be an outstanding person for doing so. He had a lot of stuff to sell, based on pics and descriptions, and I could understand the 1 lot sale, there were truckloads of parts. As long as the widow got what she thought was a fair price, that's all that matters.

Which leads me to, if I keel over tomorrow, and my wife sells my junk for what I told her I paid for it, someone is getting a deal.
    Once Jerry bought the car and parts what was the point of sticking around? like Jerry said others had an opportunity to buy the car but passed on it (My self included) My point is simple why assume if you dont have the facts?

I can certainly understand the widow wanting all that stuff gone! and there were more parts than most were aware of to the point she didn't know what she had until they went through all of it , and you cant blame him for declining on your help since he doesn't know you from Adam.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN View Post
    Once Jerry bought the car and parts what was the point of sticking around? like Jerry said others had an opportunity to buy the car but passed on it (My self included) My point is simple why assume if you dont have the facts?

I can certainly understand the widow wanting all that stuff gone! and there were more parts than most were aware of to the point she didn't know what she had until they went through all of it , and you cant blame him for declining on your help since he doesn't know you from Adam.

No point in sticking around, but maybe post up that the car and all the parts were sold to another entity and your out of it now. That would also eliminate people asking where the guy went.

The offer for my help came after quite a few PM’s asking about pricing, so while not knowing me, why keep pm’ing me? But when I offer up my time, 4+ hours each way, most likely a hotel overnight, to help with some pricing and identification, yep, sounds like a serial killer to me.

I can remember when people on this board would help someone when their spouse passed, motors got blown up, cars wrecked etc... yeah, not like that anymore. I think I’ll join that club and stop helping.

I’ll just post up to use the search function, that should provide all the help and info anyone would need.

No......

The Marauder spirit will prevail on this site for the members that participate in it.

Friday, young Matt and I hosted Rod and James in Sac, to the Cal Auto Museum, car cruise tee shirts, and lunch at Brodrick Burger...

James was in from Texas seeing family for Holidays, Rod drove 2 - Matt 1.75hpurs just to say, "Hi," and learn from previous Marauder experience.

Selling parts on Internet is akin to going to door to door like the fuller brush salesperson. Thus Things are likely to get a little dicey when unknown folks are selling parts / cars etc... Just the nature of the beast.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

So what happened to the prototype gauge cluster? Did it ever sell?

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

Blog Entries
    Friday a friend had some parts machined for my MM and I picked them up from his house.

Last Saturday a neighbor started making some MM parts for me on his 3D Printer.

For No Moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!! !!!!!!!!

The friend had a business issue that could not be solved which I took care of and the neighbor needed a Santa Clause Suit for his sons daycare.

Money was invented to facilitate taxation.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

What would Charlie Brown do?
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Quote Originally Posted by sailsmen View Post
    What would Charlie Brown do?

What is Lucy for $200 Alex.

Next.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    What is Lucy for $200 Alex.

Next

And then he'd be run out of town on a rail...or maybe elected to office.
    Former owner of a 2004 DTR MM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information