Thread: New Tune

New Tune

I have had my Marauder for about a Month now and when I picked it up the car did not come with the handheld tuner used by the previous owner. I didn't mind the awkward 1-2 shift and WOT shifts the car had at the time of purchase but boy did it start bothering me about a week in. The previous owner was able to find the old tuner for me and to my surprise the car had a Crown Vic tune on it. I returned it back to stock and it started shifting nice and smooth again... however, it now had the not so fun factory shift schedule.

Decided to pull the trigger on a tune from Marty and now I'm in love with driving the car all over again! What a difference with the correct tune. He was super easy to deal with and answered all of my questions since I was concerned about ending up with another crappy tune like the previous owner had in the car.

My biggest concern was shifting under light throttle. My car spends a lot of time cruising around town so I did not want to constantly have the car slamming into the next gear or holding on too long then slamming into the next gear. With my tune at a firmness of 7 out of 10 the shifts are just right. You can definitely feel them but there is no neck snapping or jerkiness. It feels natural. Overall the car also feels lighter and always ready to go!

I know there are tons of good reviews on this forum about his tunes but I figured I'd add another! To anyone who is new to the Marauders or is still rocking a stock tune I would seriously consider giving Marty a call and ordering up a tune from him!

Contact info can be found at the website address below:

www.mosspeedshop.com
    -Manny

2003 Marauder 300A
    2003 10th Anniversary SVT Cobra - 2.3 Whipple
    2006 F150

Quote Originally Posted by 03Rauder View Post
    I have had my Marauder for about a Month now and when I picked it up the car did not come with the handheld tuner used by the previous owner. I didn't mind the awkward 1-2 shift and WOT shifts the car had at the time of purchase but boy did it start bothering me about a week in. The previous owner was able to find the old tuner for me and to my surprise the car had a Crown Vic tune on it. I returned it back to stock and it started shifting nice and smooth again... however, it now had the not so fun factory shift schedule.

Decided to pull the trigger on a tune from Marty and now I'm in love with driving the car all over again! What a difference with the correct tune. He was super easy to deal with and answered all of my questions since I was concerned about ending up with another crappy tune like the previous owner had in the car.

My biggest concern was shifting under light throttle. My car spends a lot of time cruising around town so I did not want to constantly have the car slamming into the next gear or holding on too long then slamming into the next gear. With my tune at a firmness of 7 out of 10 the shifts are just right. You can definitely feel them but there is no neck snapping or jerkiness. It feels natural. Overall the car also feels lighter and always ready to go!

I know there are tons of good reviews on this forum about his tunes but I figured I'd add another! To anyone who is new to the Marauders or is still rocking a stock tune I would seriously consider giving Marty a call and ordering up a tune from him!

Contact info can be found at the website address below:

www.mosspeedshop.com
    Just curious, at what speed does the converter lock up?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TJCOX View Post
    Just curious, at what speed does the converter lock up?
    Thanks!
    I believe it's closer to 60mph. I didn't specifically ask as I had done some searching before hand on this forum and read it was around that speed in 4th. Around town I am usually driving 35-45mph and I can say for sure it does not lock up like it did with the stock tune. Keeps that car in its power band giving the sense of a lighter car and always ready to go.
    -Manny

2003 Marauder 300A
    2003 10th Anniversary SVT Cobra - 2.3 Whipple
    2006 F150

great info

03Rauder, thanks for the post, especially that I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a Marty tune.

Got the other bugs out of my 04 DTR and ready to see that tranny act like it actually knows what it's doing. Glad to see that Marty did the job for you.

Keith in Houston
    04 DTR

Thanks for the compliments!

Thank you Martyo!
    I loaded the tune you sold me this afternoon. She is a sweet ride now.
    I was surprised as how quick it got here. You shipped it out Saturday morning and it was in my mail box today.

I highly recommend Marty's tune.

Marty was my first call on my trans schedule tune. And he is still the only call on my Eaton swapped 5 speed panther. Top Notch Dude.

Hello Marty! "The Top Notch Dude"

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    Thanks for the compliments!
    Is there any difference between your tune and DR's tune? When my M.M. was stock the converter as I recall locked up at approximately 42 mph and when I installed the tune it now locks up now about 51-52 MPH. The shifting is much more pronounced and reminds me of my 68 Torino 428 CJ with the B&M Modulator valve.
    Thanks Marty!
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TJCOX View Post
    Is there any difference between your tune and DR's tune? When my M.M. was stock the converter as I recall locked up at approximately 42 mph and when I installed the tune it now locks up now about 51-52 MPH. The shifting is much more pronounced and reminds me of my 68 Torino 428 CJ with the B&M Modulator valve.
    Thanks Marty!
    Tom
    DR couldn't hold a tune if he had a radio in his hands, so yes, I would say there is a difference.

Thread Information