Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear ended...

Rear ended...

I have read so many threads in regards to members being rear ended while stopped at a traffic light and was amazed at what poor luck they had, and what poor drivers there were out there not paying attention.

I can no longer sit in amazement reading these posts....

I was hit today while sitting at a traffic light. Never saw the SUV coming, just bam!

It's light, and will only require a repaint, but still....how weird being hit by a total moron that didn't notice some 10 cars stopped at a red light.
    2017 Niro

Glad you are ok and that it wasnt that serious.

Distractions

Was the person reading their e-mail on a blackberry, while sending a text message on their phone and talking into their hands-free headset and simultaneously selecting a favorite song on their iPod?

When I see all the stuff that is competing for people's attention on the road when in traffic, I shudder to think of how many accidents they narrowly avoided before they finally hit someone.
    '03 Marauder bone stock
    Build No. 612,178 at St. Thomas plant
    -Tenn. Custom plate: MARAUDR
    - Bob White decals (chrome reflective)
    - Mac 'n Marty "Retro" Fender Badges
    - Autographed by Steve Babcock, Marauder Program Manager 09/20/2003 at First Marauder Meet, Ennis, Texas
    -2XL leather jacket

I assume this is with your daily driver and not the MM?
    I wish someone would smash my DD and pay me the book value so I can get a new one.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

Glad your OK! It always when you are not expecting it.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

More info?

Which vehicle? Were you by yourself? How bad was it? Where at? Could understand if it was last Sunday afternoon, it was nasty in your neighborhood.

Hope that you're OK.

Ken
    MARAUDERS get me ****!

Hey Ken...before I forget you need to touch base with us before New Years...big gathering like last year.

I was in the Focus, the MM is stored.
    An older fellow with not quite all his faculties hit me at the stop light on Pleasant Valley east bound at the I-77 southbound ramp.

Independence cited him and I called his insurance co from the scene.

It's more of a pita for the most part since we are down one car for the winter. I am off until the 3rd, so hopefully we can get it repainted in the meanwhile.

I am really surprised for as hard as he hit me, there is like NO visible damage other than one paint flake. And that probably would not have happened had the rear bumper not just been repainted two months back from when it got hit at the dealership during an oil change.
    2017 Niro

Lucky you you only got hit by an SUV. Just 2 weeks or so ago here in Calgary a family 2 adults, a girl 9 another 6 and a 16month old boy were at a red light when they were hit by a cement truck. Driver of the cement truck was unhurt, although he was denied bail and is still in jail. He was the only survivor. The Chrysler Intrepid was only 3 feet long when both it and the cement truck came to a rest almost a 1/4mile down the road when they hit a BIG street light post. The ambulance was there in 2 minutes, local mini hospital is just down the road.

I don't think it would have mattered if they were in a Marauder.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...208?hub=Canada

Glad to hear your ok, but make sure there no damage behind the rear bumper cover before settling too quickly with his insurance, not to mention back and neck issues. Those usually happen a day later.

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Im glad it wasnt the Marauder that got hit!!!!!

A little over a month ago I started a new job, on my way to work the first day I was sitting in my MARAUDER at a light, when I felt the car bump foward. I looked in the mirror only to see a full size toyota pickup right on my bumper, I was in shock for a few seconds. Not wanting to be late on the first day I got out, looked at the damage, saw nothing of real significance, I also new my bumper had some flaws already. So I looked at the dumb##S who hit me and said be more careful and watch what your doing. I still wonder how such a thing could happen. Buy the way the bumper has a few more scratches now than it did, thats all. I guess I got lucky in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolical1 CC View Post
    Lucky you you only got hit by an SUV....
    There was a similar incedent at the next exit south. A dump truck with gravel blew a red light and hit a car with grandma and two grandchildren.

He was an illegal.

They are in heavan.

Normally I watch what is going on around me, and for the most part am able to predict what people are going to do.

That's why I worry about my wife on the road. She doesn't.
    2017 Niro

I must reiterate...

My happening today was irrelevent.
    I just wanted to share my misfortune to relate to those here whom were totally screwed by another driver.

I'm fine, and the Focal appears fine as well.
    2017 Niro

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo340 View Post
    ............ but make sure there no damage behind the rear bumper cover before settling too quickly with his insurance, not to mention back and neck issues. Those usually happen a day later.
    agreed, there may well be damage to the bumper bar or the bumper shock absorbers. Those bumper shock absorbers seem to be good for one impact only
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Glad to hear you are ok Berry. Luckly the damage was minimal.
    Last edited by Motorhead350; 12-24-2007 at 12:26 PM.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information