Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super Southern Heavyweight shootout #3 (SSHS3)

VicRattlehead Guest

Super Southern Heavyweight shootout #3 (SSHS3)

I cant remember if i posted this here or not, but if i didnt, Saturday November 8th, 2003 be in atlanta ga for the third annual Super Southern Heavyweight Shootout, 3800lbs and heavier going head to head.

here is the site... www.sshs3.com/

i know alot of the heavy hitter tbird v8 guys are going, id like to see some of the heavy hitter MM guys go too.

I may try and be there. I looked at the web site. Look's like fun.
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Metco D/S Loop,Boxed Lower Rear Control Arms
    New Made Upper Rear Control Arms
    Boxed Watts Link,Ford Finned Rear End Cover
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Daniels Coil Covers and Buttons,Nitto 255/45 front
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

Mad and I are already registered. Now we just have to make the hotel reservations.

I attended this event last year, and it was a blast! The Impala vs. Marauder "battle" is much more civil than the Camaro vs. Mustang one.

A Lincoln won the "big dog" class and a Crown Vic won the "14 seconds and higher footbrake" class last year. Dearborn was very well represented. Unfortunately, not one Marauder made a pass down the drag strip. Let's change that this year.

We would sure like to show you a little southern hospitality. Come on down, and bring your friends.
    1996 Impala SS

12.38 @ 109 mph at SSHS6 - all motor
    385 stroker. 400 RWHP 424 RWTQ on a Mustang dyno

LeadSSled's website

Last night in the chatroom, there was some talk about a couple of S/C Trilogy cars making the trip down there. Not sure who is going. Maybe they can confirm here?

Good luck. MMore to come!
    300A Stock MM03 born on 6/25/2002 - sold June 2010!
    (owner from 8/26/2002 - June 2010)

- Production# 2003 of 7838
    - @17000miles 1/4 in 15.1s@93.3mph
    - 180 TStat
    - 235/50/18 on all four corners
    - Dyno tune by SCT (Jerry W.) on 04-03-04
    @ 260.7 hp/285.5 ft-lbs
    - Front and rear EBC brakes with SS lines
    - PHP upper & lower rear control arms
    - Metco C/F intake tube
    - Infinity speakers

It may work for me, I'm in Chattanooga at that time, not too far to go.
    300A
    born 08-27-02
    Adjusted air in and air out.
    400+ timeslips.

When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem, or end the suspense.

That would be great! There will be several SC Impalas there for a little blown competition.

We should see two or more cars running in the 10s and possibly one in the high 9s (if it doesn't break). This car has already run a 10.01 in Florida weather.

It would be great to see some heavily modded Marauders show up.
    1996 Impala SS

LeadSSled's website

Paul,
    I am in Knoxville and will likely be passing through Chattanooga on Friday, November 7th late in the afternoon on the way to Commerce. I'll be with a few other Impalas and we are already planning to meet a Nashville Impala at the Georgia Welcome Center on I-75. Are you interested in being the orange in our convoy of apples?
    1996 Impala SS

LeadSSled's website

I'll be there with my Trilogy S/C Marauder.. I hope to have fun. I also hope that some more Marauders show up. I will be there on the 7th. Looking forward to meeting you all, coming from NewBrockton AL.
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

Bob - It will be great to meet you there. I'm sure that you will have a great time.

I see that you have pre-registered for the event. Good move - It will save you a lot of time during check-in and tech inspection. The pre-registered folks go to the head of the line.

Have a safe trip. If you see a slow dark cherry Impala with TN plates that say "EXTINCT", that me. Please intoduce yourself. On the other hand, if you don't bring some more Marauders along, you'll be pretty easy to spot. I'll try to look you up.

Terry
    Last edited by LeadSSled; 10-09-2003 at 06:28 PM.
    1996 Impala SS

LeadSSled's website

OK! How many of us are going to ATL I want to go and have fun and meet some SSpeople and some more Marauder people. So come on all.

Me and mine are scheduled to be there.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

VicRattlehead Guest
    im going, still havent registered or gotten a room yet, but i am going.

Disney Lincoln Guest
    Come on MM guys!!!!!

Lets get our brands together for once. You can come kick some Impala tail, show off your Hot Rods, and have a great time. Plenty to do there, lots of fun and AND off the track!!

Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the one with the permantly ugly car, scraping the walls on the track.

Track registration is closed as per the SSHS3 website. Can anyone help here on where to register before the event or do we have to wait until November 8?

Glenn
    Trilogy #124 SOLD - 8/2014
    11.80 @ 117.16 MPH: SSHS9
    1.74 sec - 60'
    443 RWHP/437 RWTQ
    "Stock Internal Engine" - Click Below

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information