Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trilogy Motorsports says Good-Bye to MM.net

What revolting development this is

I'm at a loss to understand what's happening between vendor's,owners and members. I feel like I came during the middle of a movie.

If there is a historian on the site maybe the full story will someday be published.

I do have enough knowledge from viewing the public posts that Trilogy and Jerry are held in high esteem and their participation will be missed.

Of course their products will be marketed on other venues, but I did enjoy the one stop shopping and techical discussions.

Saddened to see Trilogy leave .

Long live the Marauder .

Pat

As a newbie, I don't have much of a clue as to what is going on here. It's kinda like walking into a movie halfway thru the screening. But as a business owner, I know that every once in a while you have to asses your situation. You have to look at how much you are spending, both in time and dollars. And what the return is on that time and money spent. And you have to look at all your options and make sure that you are getting the biggest bang for your buck. I'm hoping that Trilogy is leaving to pursue greener pastures, and not because of ill feelings. That's part of doing business, and oftentimes, it's a very tough decision to have to make.

I enjoy this board and am learning a lot. I hope we don't have too much of a "brain drain" before it's all over. I wish Trilogy the best, and I wish the mods of this board the best, as well. I'm looking forward to many good years here, as I intend to keep my Marauder forever.

Response from Jerry Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderTJA View Post
    Life goes on and with life things change. The Marauder market is very limited, those that want to get a Trilogy will know where to go to get one and get it installed. I totally disagree with Marty on his statement that the site has gone down hill over th last few months. I believe the site is better than ever. Look at the numer of posts, responses compared to the other site. Not even close.

LIke any community there are poltics, clicks, people who bad mouth others with lies (comments made of me by a Trilogy installer which were absolute total lies on what he alleged I said at MV IV and elsewhere), make up stories to better their postion and just the type of things and egos that happen in any group. Myself and the other commitee members who worked on MV IV spend 100's of hour of their own time, money and effort to make it happen. In addition considerable time was spent on the MV DVD's to which people applauded our efforts on this site, by phone, e-mails and PM's. It was a rewarding experience and if needed, I would do it again. Some people used my efforts against me, which is sad as I never had an agenda. Those that know me know that. Others, oh well........agaiin, life goes on.

The MM.NET faithful will remain here. Yes a small number of people have left and gone to the other site and that is fine. If others decide to go, best of luck to you as well. I totally support MM.NET, the owners, the people here, my good friends (who I met here) and will continue to enjoy myself here every day. It is the first and only website I have ever participated in on a daily basis.

Best of luck to you Jerry, regardless of what you have been probably told (which are lies) I continue to repsect you, your company and your fine S/C the Trilogy. You have made a significant contribution to the Marauder community and you will never be forgotten. Best of luck with your company and future projects.

Respectfully yours, TOM
    Tom,

No one has ever said a bad word about you to me, so I am comfortable that we are friends and it will stay that way. As for others opinions. I always make my own opinions about people, face to face. I try very hard to treat people with respect and hope they do the same for me.

MM.Net will continue, with or without me. I feel that a few people have continued to hide behind their keyboards and done nothing but slung **** my way. That's O.K., but I don't need to stick around if I feel I am in an enemy camp. I don't see the issues being raised with the other vendors and that is pretty noticable. The are a few, and I will repeat, a few dip*****s here. They know who they are, as I do. They will continue to shoot off there mouths, because they are protected.

I have many, many, many friends at this site and I will make every effort to stay in touch with my friends. Believe me, it bothers me to leave, as much as it may bother others, but the hand writing is on the wall and its time to move on.

I do plan on attending the Marauder events, when I can make it. I will not make it to Florida for the season openers this years, both engines I am having built will not be done. And I am still hunting for my good friend Marty. He has given me a tough goal, but I am trying to stay competitive with him.

I have enjoyed the good times and the fights. Remember the biggest threads have been the knock down, drag out fights. And I have enjoyed them like everyone else.

And for the *********s, and you know who you are, I sold 2 more kits this week! As far as new developments :

IAT2 sensor is being implemented soon.

Twin Screw S/C will be here soon.

The Trilogy Twin Screw Mustang kit is almost done.

We are moving to a larger building with Garage facilites and a shop. And maybe a dyno.

We are working on the plan for the HEMI S/C.

Our new Bulletin Board site will be up soon.

And Tom, I hope you come to Michiagn soon and allow me to show you some good ol' Michigan hospitality! Be sure to bring ear muffs!

I spoke to Big Jim and we will always be friends. He is a real gentleman.

Mary has been a great friend and customer and I hope that she understands my departure.

And Zack, FA-Q! May the force be with the junk yard mechanic and his keyboard!!!! IAT2 ZACK SPECIAL INSTALLATION MANUAL, with special pictures, for the mechanically challenged is on the way. Be sure to wait by your mailbox. Oh, I mean your Mom's mailbox.(smile, ha, ha, ha, ha). I love this site!!!

Tom, I look forward to seeing you soon my friend.

Good Luck to Everyone! Best Wishes!!

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Barnes View Post
    And Zack, FA-Q! May the force be with the junk yard mechanic and his keyboard!!!! IAT2 ZACK SPECIAL INSTALLATION MANUAL, with special pictures, for the mechanically challenged is on the way. Be sure to wait by your mailbox. Oh, I mean your Mom's mailbox.(smile, ha, ha, ha, ha).

I am a Sales Manager by profession. I rely alot on 1st impressions. I met Jerry once back at the Heavyweight Shootout @ Commerce last year.

Very nice guy, no ego, lots of integrity, with a passion for his business and quality speed(Going fast, properly and prepared). This was my first impression.......

As first impressions go in my book, you cannot do too much better. Couple that with the fact that everyone I know, who knows Jerry or has done business with him, holds him in high regard tells me all I need to know about the man his mission and how he does business.

For that, when I get ready to supercharge my Marauder, it will be a Trilogy regardless of what websites are supported by Trilogy. I will only do business with a man/company that does not compromise foundational ethics (Honor integrity, intelligence, concern for reputation, and genuine care and concern) at the expense of his customers.

Jerry Barnes/Trilogy is a person I will do business with. All the best with the next Chapters of Trilogy Motorsports
    Trilogy # 73 Known in Metro Atlanta as "The Banshee"
    Courtesy of Bigslim, and SidewaysCoupe
    All options that came on an 04 SB & a boatload of .......... Never mind... It would take too long.
    12.73 @ 107.9 & 1.79 60' at SSHS9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by martyo

That picture was taken at Oktoberfest 2006. I brought some SERIOUSLY hot salsa (maily habenaros). That was about 5 mins after Zack's first bite

KillJoy

BTW - RF was eating that stuff like it was Chocolate!!!!!

wow what did i miss

Jerry - Good luck and Best Wishes. Although we have never met I have always enjoyed your posts. You will be missed. Hope to see you at MMV.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    I'm at a loss to understand what's happening between vendor's,owners and members. I feel like I came during the middle of a movie.

If there is a historian on the site maybe the full story will someday be published.

I do have enough knowledge from viewing the public posts that Trilogy and Jerry are held in high esteem and their participation will be missed.

Of course their products will be marketed on other venues, but I did enjoy the one stop shopping and techical discussions.

Saddened to see Trilogy leave .

Long live the Marauder .

Pat

Well said Pat.
    I joined this group to meet people like you and your wife.
    Glad I did, and I'll never forget the spiral notebook trick...
    Too bad politics have to get in the way of the basic fact that we are a group of owners that care about an insignificant blip on the automotive radar screen, the Mercury Marauder.
    Hope this gets worked out, but I doubt it.
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Barnes View Post
    Tom,

I have enjoyed the good times and the fights. Remember the biggest threads have been the knock down, drag out fights. And I have enjoyed them like everyone else.

Jerry
    Hehehe, Like I told ya Jerry, they are like passing car wrecks, people can't help but stop and look.

Talk to you soon....
    03 300A Build Date 08/02
    Trilogy #151

This just hurts...another pillar of our motor world...moving on...

"...went from sea level to 3k above... now all I do retune the toys..."

Um, what is the significance of a "Twin Screw"? I thought all of these screw-type compressors had two screws - in fact, I was pretty sure they wouldn't operate with just one.

Although i don't own a marauder anymore. I hate to see this happen as Jerry was great to work with when i bought my Trilogy kit. I hope this site doesn't go down the drain with this great loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Um, what is the significance of a "Twin Screw"? I thought all of these screw-type compressors had two screws - in fact, I was pretty sure they wouldn't operate with just one.
    Twin screw is different from a roots. The roots has two rotors which trap air between the rotor and the case to force the air into the intake manifold. Twin screw has two interlocking, spiral rotors which trap air between the rotors and compress the air between the rotors before forcing it into the intake manifold. A couple of differences in performance: twin screw has immediate boost which doesn't fall off at high rpm, many times a roots blower has immediate boost which tends to fall off at high rpm. Twin screw doesn't heat up the air charge as much as the roots.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Hate to see anyone leave, but in the future if people want to leave can they just post it and leave their contact info for those that still want it, then lock the thread. Nothing against Jerry, but this thread is stirring up more crap, only in a select few. Then people are posting that they will or will not leave the site or take away their services they have provided probably hoping to hear people tell them to stay. If you are going to leave (Again nothing towards Jerry specifically) then just leave and lock the thread. But dont leave just because of a select few that dont see your point of view. My Trilogy MM is gone but i am still here because of the info i can learn and provide and hopefully when my situation changes i will get another MM.

All the best to everyone no matter what choice they make.
    Greg
    2003 300A Trilogy #80 SOLD, SOLD, SOLD.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information