Thread: ticking noise?

ticking noise?

2 things: 1-I always here this ticking noise after I drive once my car is on idle in park, curious to what may be causing that.
    2-Also, when I brake coming to a stop I hear this rough scretch noise, wondering if I need to replace my bushings or not. Appreciate the help guys

when was the last time you looked at your brakes? and emergency brakes? the e-brakes fall apart, lining comes off due to corrosion and are stuck inside the mini drum. also check that you are not wearing your pads down to the rivets. You'll need tobe more specific about the ticking, it may just be injector noise. try to get a sound clip of it and post, most smart phones can record video/audio
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

ok thanks I will get a sound clip to upload

Quote Originally Posted by Mze3 View Post
    2 things: 1-I always here this ticking noise after I drive once my car is on idle in park, curious to what may be causing that.
    2-Also, when I brake coming to a stop I hear this rough scretch noise, wondering if I need to replace my bushings or not. Appreciate the help guys
    1 - could be the injectors or the "normal" DOHC ticking.

2 - There are wear indicators on the brake pads that make noise when the pad material is low.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

That ticking noise could be a recall they had on the timing belt guiding system which was made out of aluminum and nylon. It's gets hot and falls apart. What your hear is the timing chain brushing against metal them it goes away then returns... especially when started. If your engine didn't seize yet take it to the dealership and they will replace it and have your oil checked.... ignore it and you WILL need a new engine that they don't make anymore. Only people who have those engines are Jasper on Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by chuckle215 View Post
    That ticking noise could be a recall they had on the timing belt guiding system which was made out of aluminum and nylon. It's gets hot and falls apart. What your hear is the timing chain brushing against metal them it goes away then returns... especially when started. If your engine didn't seize yet take it to the dealership and they will replace it and have your oil checked.... ignore it and you WILL need a new engine that they don't make anymore. Only people who have those engines are Jasper on Connecticut
    i dont believe there was any tsb for the 4V dohc motors. yes some 2V sohc motorz had a tsb, there was no recall. and it was limited to i believe 2003 year.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I have a slight ticking noise at idle too. Replaced primary chains and tensioners 2000k ago. Only noticeable at idle. Not sure what it is but keeping an eye on it for now

Quote Originally Posted by Shinker View Post
    I have a slight ticking noise at idle too. Replaced primary chains and tensioners 2000k ago. Only noticeable at idle. Not sure what it is but keeping an eye on it for now
    2000K ago? You have over 2,000,000 miles on your Marauder? WOW!
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

He's from The Canada, so that would be metric miles...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Replaced chains at 170,000 kilometres and it now has 172,000 kilometres that's 2000k. That's how we say it around here

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    He's from The Canada, so that would be metric miles...
    That totally explains it. I should have carried a one and added a 5 in my calculation.
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

Thread Information