Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remote Start...Won't!!

Remote Start...Won't!!

I have a Ford (dealer installed) remote start. Today it stopped working. When I try to start the car, it locks the doors and flashes the lights, and the Climate Control system cycles, but the car does not start.

I disconnected the battery to try to cycle the system with no luck.

The car will start with the key.

Any thoughts??

Did you try hitting the lock door button instead?

No, I dunno... I have no experience with those things. BUT, if it's dealer installed, I see no reason to take it to them and let them figure it out. Did it ever work before, or did it JUST start doing this?

I tried pressing every combination of buttons on the remote key fob (I even tried the other fob), all with no luck.

I agree that this may become an issue for the dealer to repair, but I was trying to avoid a trip to the Black Hole.......

martyo: Hey I have that system in my MM. No problem like you are having. Just call the dealer and get it in the shop ASAP. These things can cause a spike and damage other systems. This will happen only if it was installed wrong. Should be an easy fix. Keep posted..
    Big Dog
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

MMpridenjoy Guest
    Hope it gets straight for ya Marty!

Dealer gets the car on Thursday. I get a loaner. Stay tuned......

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    If it's a Ford accessory installed by the dealer it may get covered under the bumper to bumper warranty for the full three years I was told
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

That's my understanding as well. Let's just hope that the dealer agrees!! In any event its all of six weeks old; they "should" cover it.

quote,
    Dealer gets the car on Thursday. I get a loaner. Stay tuned......

Maybe you will get a fast car...Sable wagon...
    ---------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder BLACK
    SS inserts
    Addco sway bars
    JLT CAI
    4.10's
    MO's custom tune
    275 rwhp/303 lbs. torque

Here's the latest: Took my MM to the dealer today for repair of the faulty remote start and to deal with some minor, but annoying paint issues. Dealer called and advised that they are "looking at" the remote starter issue and "hoped" to have it fixed today but that the body shop would need to have the car overnight to fix the paint issues.

Uggghhh. How many of the mechanics are going to have a spin behind the wheel?????

My garage seems so......empty. Somehow the dirty white Mountaineer that they lent me doesn't make me feel as good as the MM.

I will report back tomorrow.

Billatpro Guest
    Is there a "remote" possability that you were using the garage door opener?

martyo,

Moutaineers won't even do burn-outs! I know it's gotta suck.

Oh, BTW, I read that in a book somewhere...

i hate leaving ther car overnight at the dealer. Did you record your odometer reading
    JohnnyB

2004 Mach 1 - Torch Red 5 Speed

2003 Mercury Marauder
    300A, RPC Chip, 4.10's, K&N Aircharger

2002 Ford Focus ZX5

Yes, it is killing me too, and someone will be driving it to the body shop which really worries me. I can feel them punching it out now.......

OK, here is the follow up. At the outset, let me say that I am not happy.

First, the remote start apparently had a blown fuse and is now fixed.

Next, I am a key nut. I like having spare keys around. So, while the car was in I asked them to make me two new keys (you have to bring the dealer all of the existing keys (including the valet) and all of the RKEs (remote clickers). The keys cost about $30 a piece (ouch!!) and then they charged me $80 labor to program the keys Now that hurts. I know own a pair of $150 keys. If I lose one I will need a second mortgage on my home to replace it. Is it me or does this seem like a lot of $$$ for keys??

Next, while my MM was in for the remote start repair, I figured it would be a good time to get a couple of minor paint issues cleared up. There were clear coat drips on each of the rear wheel wells. I wanted them cleaned up because they had the potential to be problems in the future. Well they kept my car over night to resolve this. They did one side and it came out great. They forgot to do the other side, so the car will have to go back again!

My car was spotless when it went in and came back dirty. That just makes me even madder! I wish I could run my business like the dealership. Not a worry in the world. I would get more sleep.

On a final note, The best part of the whole process was after belatedly telling me that the car would have top stay overnight, they told me I could pick the car up anytime before 6:30 p.m. on Friday. I planned my day around that (I work late a lot). Then on Friday afternoon, they call me and tell me "come get your car, it has to be out of here by 3:30 pm." WTF??? I was smack in the middle of the work day and had about as much a chance of getting out early as Rf has of getting early parole. Sooooo, my GF agrees to go get the car (she's nice to me, sometimes!). Unfortunately she does not have as big a mouth as I do and so she didn't raise the stink with the dealer that I will on Monday.

I'll be the first to admit that no one of the things I am complaining about is a big deal, but taken together they make me very unhappy. Especially in light of the fact that this was my first trip into the service department and you'd think they would want to make a good impression.

Customer satisfaction??????......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information