Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some assistance please..

Some assistance please..

Ok so i have a '04 DTRM and what i initially thought was bad gas might really be something bigger which im dreading.. my car is running like **** it is kind of hard to explain.. i was hoping that someone on here that knows more than i do about mercs lives rather close to lehigh acres fl and was willing to come take a look at it. I would be more than willing to compensate you for your time as long as youre legit.. my phone number is 239-728-4713. If you could please text me if someone is able to come take a look.. the help would be very much appreciated..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm not nearby, but if you have a phone that can take video and post it, there are number of members that may help you get started. Are there any unusual noises or sounds? If so, where is it coming from? What exactly is the car doing?

Its just running *****y its lamost like a miss but i bought all new plugs and a new coil and went thru all plugs with the new coil 1 by 1 and it didnt change the sound.. i can post a video when i get home.. im at work right now. Theres also no CEL going off ethier. listening to it is the only way to really understand what im talking about so ill try to get the noise as good as i can on the video. The only way i can think to explain the sound is like make a purring sound with your tongue with a b sound on the beginning.. lol like this i was just talking with a co worker at my job and he said something that made sense in a way if marauders have hydraulic tensioners on thw timing chain.. it could be a tensioner..https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5b08360b...525_120744.mp4

Its not a very loud sound and it really doesnt sound metallic like a tensioner would though. To me anyways..

There are number of issues possible, timing chains, the dreaded "ticking", lifters, cats, mufflers, etc. A posted video will help. Also try to determine if it is making the noise when the engine is warm or cold or at idle or high rev. You can also search Youtube for a few videos of a MM with timing chains issue or ticking noise.

How many miles on her? Have you checked for any vacuum leaks?

Its happening as soon as i turn the cae on and at idle as well as high rev.. i havnt let the car get warm cause i d9nt want to damage anything further..

Its more like a putputputputput sound not a metallic sound like the timing chain..

117,000 miles.. and no i havnt checked for anyy vax leaks.. it just has me at aloss i know how to fix anything but diagnosing the problem is another thing. I fix all my own stuff have never had an issue work on family vehicles friends but ive always known whats wrong with it and gone from there.. the car isnt pulling any codes.. at all.

So when you start it, it revs high? Sounds like a bad IAC.

No it doesnt rev high it idles normally but the putput gets faster as i rev the engine.

I agree, bad IAC. Very easy to replace. I purchased mine on Amazon.
    Had it in 2 days.

Also, make sure the main manifold vacuum hose on the top isn't leaking. I fixed one that had a HARD brake pedal from massive vacuum loss and ran like hell. As soon as the leak was stopped, it ran like new.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Believe ^^^^ is referring to the PVC hoses. They can get brittle if they are old.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    Also, make sure the main manifold vacuum hose on the top isn't leaking. I fixed one that had a HARD brake pedal from massive vacuum loss and ran like hell. As soon as the leak was stopped, it ran like new.
    Yes, and you may have moved these VAC hoses during your COP and plug replacement, so triple check all of these hoses.

Also, it may still be a COP issue! I used my tuner to Identify... Marty helped me over phone on SUNDAY as I was a long way from home on a road trip. Ended up paying $75 for one at STEALERSHIP, but changed it out in parking lot in under 13min (first time) with borrowed tools. Instant fix.

If none of these, guys above FTW w IAC replacement.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information