Thread: F#$kin Electrical problems

F#$kin Electrical problems

Heated seat lights are now flashing constantly, and auxillary power outlet in console stopped working, as well as car seems to be runnign rough when first turned on now. any suggestions what to tell the dealer when i bring it in. i know ive read something about the seats before, cant remember what though.

reminds me why i hate american cars now. our 89 Jaguar has less electrical issues then my last 2 american cars. are these cars known for electrical probelms

Quote Originally Posted by Skiordie53
    Heated seat lights are now flashing constantly, and auxillary power outlet in console stopped working, as well as car seems to be runnign rough when first turned on now. any suggestions what to tell the dealer when i bring it in. i know ive read something about the seats before, cant remember what though.

reminds me why i hate american cars now. our 89 Jaguar has less electrical issues then my last 2 american cars. are these cars known for electrical probelms
    My passenger side heated seat switch was flashing, dealer had to replace the switch. Sounds like either a loose connection, bad socket or blown fuse will fix the aux power outlet.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

My Marauder had a altanator problem along with the harness. All the
    lights and interior stuff went nuts. My car has 15,000 miles and had more
    problems then my Crown Vic had in its 140,000 mile life. Even after Police
    abuse. Aw well, somthing keeps me in love with her
    (2003 Mercury Marauder 300a)
    Bought: 09/22/2004 Retired 07/08/2006

(2004 DTR Mercury Marauder)
    Bought: 05/18/2008 Retired: 01/04/2010

(2003 Mercury Marauder 300a)
    Bought: 06/2012 31K Miles

I replaced Passenger side heater switch(blinking), couple days later the Drivers side is doing the exact same thing.
    I have the second switch on order, In fact the dealer phoned that the switch just came in.
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

My passenger hot seat switch also failed. Hmmmm.

Not related but there seems to be quite a few shock failures too. My right rear shock was popping since new and finally failed leaking a big spot on my driveway.
    Silver '04

My driver's side heated seat switch was flashing, so I had it repaired at 35,9xx miles. Now I'm past 36K and the passenger side is flashing.

I have to wonder if he didn't just swap them. However, if others are having the same problems maybe I can give the dealer the benefit of the doubt.

Bradley - how hard a fix is this? My deductible is $100 and I can't see this being worth using ext. warranty to fix.

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by Skiordie53

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having, as an owner of a 95 Crown Vic and an 03 MM. I can tell you that the most common electrical problem is with the power windows.

I am not aware of any long term repetetive electrical problems with the Panther plattform from '95 to present, however if you ask, I am sure that you will find someone with a problem similar to yours, does that make it a major repetetive problem??? I don't know.

My brother has owned Mercedes Benz and it was crap, my neighbor owns Jaguar and Benz and again crap....it depends on who you ask I guess....
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

More cosmetic problems than electrical..

Did take the dealer two days to figure out how to
    get the DRL's working...

Thread Information