Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FHP Marauders

There was at least one, was told there were a few more Marauder's used in the Sacramento Police Force. Unmarked, but with the mounted hidden lights and interior computer stand.

Saw one in parking lot, LEO dressed in jeans and dress shirt, and was talking to him for only a minute or so. He said he loved the car... But then he got a call and had to roll out mid sentence.

Saw the same car (?) a few times over a three year period.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra25 View Post
    When Dennis R. came down to south Florida to mod some of them all he did was he up graded the front & rear sway bars & put a small performance tune & the tune also removed the speed limiter. Thats what My friend Gary who was a F.H.P. Officer & drove one of the Marauder's told us & also my other friend Joe C. who was a commander of F.H.P. told us also .
    And you are 100% correct. Only he did dynamic ALUMINUM driveshaft and rear sway bar. And a tune. With Peter Worrick the millionaire paying for the cars and all the parts. But from what I know. He didn't do the front sway bar.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rum View Post
    And you are 100% correct. Only he did dynamic ALUMINUM driveshaft and rear sway bar. And a tune. With Peter Worrick the millionaire paying for the cars and all the parts. But from what I know. He didn't do the front sway bar.
    You are 100 % correct about the replacement of a up graded drive shaft. As far as the front sway bar my friend Gary's car had it, but it doesnt mean all the other's did.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    "Can't we all just get along..."

and sort out our: your vs. you're

and our: to vs. too
    Ha ha! Tell that to Mr. Man! (I've given up )
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Grammar

Its official,

I just lost 30 IQ points and 10 minutes of my life I will never get back...
    2004 Marauder
    2011 Shelby GT500 (Super Snake)
    2008 Ram 3500 Mega cab Cummins
    1971 Torino GT BB
    1970 Torino cpe BB
    1969 Fairlane Formal 428cj
    1968 Fairlane Formal 428PI
    3 Bronco II's
    1990 5 ton BMY M939 "Bobbed"
    1974 Land cruiser BJ40
    I think I have too many cars!

I thought Dennis also added real oil pressure gauges and did some brake upgrades...possibly rotors and pads.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    "What? You've never heard of 'stream of unconscious' writing?"

For some reason I never saw the wheel photo.
    Your optometrist thanks you for not getting to see the wheels. They are that bad.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    I thought Dennis also added real oil pressure gauges and did some brake upgrades...possibly rotors and pads.
    Oh my bad you are correct on the real auto meter oil pressure gauge. I forgot he did do them.

If anyone cares....

Dennis Reinhart, Reinhart Automotive, Orange Park, Florida (http://www.reinhartautomotive.com), recently completed dramatic modifications on 27 new 2004 Mercury Marauders for the Florida Highway Patrol, transforming the family cars into high-performance, unmarked pursuit vehicle muscle cars capable of sustaining speeds up to 150 mph. The FHP's new fleet of stealth vehicles is the agency's highest profile enforcement tool to deter and apprehend aggressive drivers (http://www.fhp.state.fl.us).

Reinhart's 20-year reputation for custom, high-performance work among automotive dealers in the Ft. Lauderdale area caught the attention of the FHP in late 2004 when it was looking to empower its aggressive driving program with covert pursuit vehicles capable of maintaining the top speeds of aggressive highway drivers and their supercharged cars.

Reinhart's modifications include: upper engine cooling, upgrades to front brake rotors and installation of KVR carbon fiber brake pads on all four wheels to increase brake stopping abilities and prevent pedal fade; SCT Super Chips Custom Tuning to remove the top speed limiter and allow additional horsepower; installation of Dynotech Composite Metal Matrix Drive Shafts with special lubrication, spun balanced to more than 6000 rpm, to allow sustained speeds of 150 mph without vibration; installation of ADDCO rear sway bars to enhance high speed stability and limit body roll; and replacement of stock oil pressure gauges with completely functional Auto-Meter Gauges, which read from 0 to 80 pounds, and alert drivers to premature oil failure.

The fleet took to the Florida highways in January 2005 also equipped with tinted windows, digital radars, covert lighting packages and state-of-the-art audio/video recording systems. Each FHP officer assigned to a Marauder, now sporting 270+ rear-wheel horsepower (a 20+ percent increase from stock horsepower), was hand-picked to drive the vehicle, and completed a 3-day training class at the FHP training facility in Tallahassee.

See:

https://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/03/prweb220164.htm

https://www.flhsmv.gov/florida-highw...ealth-vehicle/

https://www.svtperformance.com/forum...rcment.143204/

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...catch-speeders
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Dennis Reinhart, Reinhart Automotive, Orange Park, Florida (http://www.reinhartautomotive.com), recently completed dramatic modifications on 27 new 2004 Mercury Marauders for the Florida Highway Patrol, transforming the family cars into high-performance, unmarked pursuit vehicle muscle cars capable of sustaining speeds up to 150 mph.

Thanks for this.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Thanks for this.
    10 seconds on google.

google is your friend!
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    10 seconds on google.

google is your friend!

Only the 1st article was new to me. Glad you did the 'dirty work'!?!? Still, I have a clearer insight into these cars than before thanks to your effort.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by 03Rauder View Post
    I had no idea Marauder's were actually used as patrol cars! Found a few pictures:

http://www.sspmustang.org/gallery6.htm

Now I'm curious to see if they were ever utilized as police cars in Canada.
    I took a few of those photos, and some of the full time and FHPA guys sent me the others. The ones with the SB on I-95 were a pretty cool shot, and the Trooper himself took those.

Unfortunately, several of these including the DTR assigned to Troop C HQ Tampa got wrecked. I'm not sure if they were sent thru Tampa Machinery auction where all the surplus vehicles were auctioned off or returned to the individual who initially donated them.

'04 MM~Black/Light Flint

Special Service Vehicles at:
    http://www.sspmustang.org

Interesting topic, I can tell you that at least one of them ended up over here in Europe with a friend of mine in Madrid, Spain.

2003 Black 300A Dark Charcoal, #499 of 6978 built 06/04/02
    3.88 gears, dual fuel propane conversion.
    2003 Silver 300B Light Flint, #166 of 417 built 04/22/03
    TCE/Wilwood big brake kit, SW headers and cats, Flowmaster mufflers
    1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan
    Dual exhaust, dual fuel propane conversion
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport Package
    Holden HSV GTS body kit, dual fuel propane conversion
    Previously: 2003 Audi A6 Avant | 1999 Ford Fairlane AU

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information