Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found this setup can I make it work?

Thanks for the feedback. I am really torn on this. I like the idea of the additional HP but also like the fact the car is stock and reliable.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Mackdombles View Post
    It's really pretty easy for someone handy with normal tools. It looks pretty complete of the large items. I don't see an Intercooler pump, fuel pumps or injectors. You will need a tuner and a tensioner too. All in all its a pretty good deal if you don't want to search for the parts separately. Especially since it comes with those swap brackets.
    The IC pump, 42lb injectors, and fuel rails are included with the sale Mack.

Small list of goods and someone is boosted

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    The IC pump, 42lb injectors, and fuel rails are included with the sale Mack.

Small list of goods and someone is boosted

Nice. Thanks for clearing that up I was I ly looking at the picture and missed that. In that case yes it is a greater deal.

And to the op as far as reliability. I felt the same way and loved the reliability of a stock car. If I had to do it over, the one thing I would have changed is I would have done it years sooner. It's hard to describe how fun this particular body and frame is with this much power. I've owned faster cars that handle way better, but I never had as much fun as I do in this one. Super sleeper status is also a good part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackdombles View Post
    I also don't see the coolant tube that runs under the manifold but I'm told you can smash the oem one. You will also need a fuel rail(which I have and will ship you free if you do this).

There is zero difference in reliability unless you beat on it or fudge up the wiring or don’t pay attention to items that can rub and it bites you in the ass months or years down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Ok but I wonder about the parts themselves being reliable. They are not new and who knows how many miles were put on them.

Joe

^^^If that's your worry then you should stay N/A.
    All the parts posted are stock meaning they have no problem hitting 100,000mi before the first service.

Way too many Marauders out here running used Eatons and none of them had that concern
    Last edited by musclemerc; 11-04-2018 at 06:35 AM.

How do the brackets in that kit compare to the one Jerry makes? Same idea?

Same strength!
    Trilogy brackets started it all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information