Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust...

Well that sucks I must have seen you in the old days back when thay were new cars
    2004 dtr 1237 of 3214

Quote Originally Posted by mad man View Post
    Well that sucks I must have seen you in the old days back when thay were new cars
    You did! I remember you. I think I sold you a bunch of Marauder pens and paper pads.

The car is oin its way to the scrap yard but before it left I was able to snag a few items that I'll be posting for sale in the next day or two, including:

• full set of used OEM car mats

• Front and rear customized godshead badges (comes with a godshead emblem for the steering wheel!)

• Carbon fiber CAI with a huge (11" length) K&N-type filter (complete with a stainless steel cover with godshead and "MARAUDER" professionally laser engraved)

• Owners manual and original inserts contained in a handy zip-up leatherette holder

• Original, never used, car jack in the original felt carrier

PICTURES AND PRICES WILL FOLLOW TOMORROW OR FRIDAY

Dibs on the floor mats!

I can't believe somebody hasn't called it already!

But on a serious note I am sorry about your car and hope no one was hurt.

It was an honor to have
    my ASS kicked by you!
    Rest In Peace!
    Paul T. Casey

Floormats, carbon fiber cold air intake + more now posted in the FOR SALE section.

Arrow Car Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Just regular Geico insurance. Got $9K for it.

That's what I'm afraid of with State Farm. Want to look at Collector/Special Interest insurance asap. I totaled an immaculate 1998 Mustang GT with 101k miles (fell asleep) back in 2011 and received $6k for the car, which I felt was fair.

Like you, I was told through my agent the adjuster was impressed with the car otherwise. Could have bought the car back for $900 but was told by a couple of knowledgeable body people who actually viewed the car that it 'could be rebuilt' for a bit more than $6k but would never be the same.

Marauders are clearly in a different category.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

I hope you were not seriously injured. As for the car, a nightmare.

Damn. I feel your pain.
    Just terrible. Makes me want to slit the throat’s of these s h I t bags who can’t do a simple task as driving a motor vehicle safely.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Lightbulb Insurance Settlement...

The car is oin its way to the scrap yard but before it left I was able to snag a few items that I'll be posting for sale in the next day or two, including:

• full set of used OEM car mats

• Front and rear customized godshead badges (comes with a godshead emblem for the steering wheel!)

• Carbon fiber CAI with a huge (11" length) K&N-type filter (complete with a stainless steel cover with godshead and "MARAUDER" professionally laser engraved)

• Owners manual and original inserts contained in a handy zip-up leatherette holder

• Original, never used, car jack in the original felt carrier

PICTURES AND PRICES WILL FOLLOW TOMORROW OR FRIDAY

Dang, you could have bought it back for a fraction of the 'part out' price....
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Dude !!!

Got loads of replies, but none yet for the floormats. If you want them, send a DM and I'll give you my paypal address.

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy Marq View Post
    Dibs on the floor mats!

I can't believe somebody hasn't called it already!

But on a serious note I am sorry about your car and hope no one was hurt.

Intake is SOLD to the first person who replied. Money already received. The Fat Bastid got himself a hell of a bargain!

Rick, I'm so sorry to hear this. You were one of the original owners back in the day and the loss of your car is very sad.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    Rick, I'm so sorry to hear this. You were one of the original owners back in the day and the loss of your car is very sad.

Thanks Bob. I'm still in a haze over this. If you remember I bought the car a few months before my son was born. He took Driver's Ed last summer and will get his drivers license in April. For years he's been saying that he couldn't wait to drive it. He only got to drive it one time, about a month ago. I feel bad that he won't know the same thrill that I've had for 15 years.

Thanks Bob. I'm still in a haze over this. If you remember I bought the car a few months before my son was born. He took Driver's Ed last summer and will get his drivers license in April. For years he's been saying that he couldn't wait to drive it. He only got to drive it one time, about a month ago. I feel bad that he won't know the same thrill that I've had for 15 years.

I’m not sure if we ever met Rick? I started here in ‘08 IIRC and rarely ever missed a local gathering since plus 9 Louisville’s, 1 Bloomington, and 3 Maraudervilles. I feel for you on your son as mine turned 16 last spring and put an easy few hundred of miles on mine learning stick shift when he got his permit when he turned 15. My oldest son is/was too nervous to give it a go, and my 14 year daughter I doubt will have any interest..

Just be thankful he got in one ride at least and that you weren’t harmed it appears. She served you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Hints for insuring a car with collector companies:

1. keep the driving to shows and cruise nights only
    2. don;t put more than 2,000 miles a year on the car
    3. store it in a locked garage
    4. get a certified appraisal especially if you do any modifications.
    5. keep all paperwork for mods and repairs to prove the increased value.
    6. keep a record of all awards the car might win.
    7. make sure to get the car appraised every few years, and show the appraiser the paperwork and trophies.

I paid just over $ 2700 for my 1970 Boss 302 in 1970 .. I must insure it for $ 87,000, the appraised value.

I paid $ 17,000 for my 1993 Mustang GT Hatch. I did serious mods to get it to 720 HP. The car is insured for $ 35,000, the appraised value.

I paid $ 29,000+ for the 2004 MMSB in 2004. I am the original owner. After mods (stroker kit, et al) the appraised value is $ 18,000. That is what she is insured for.

You can guess what my Factory Five Cobra kit car and my 1969 Shelby GT500 have for value. You insure a car for the appraised, stated value. With proper paperwork, the insurance company will agree with you.

You can't use a collector car as a daily driver and then expect to get more than the street price for it after a collision. Insurance companies have very strict rules about what they will insure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information