Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Production # For 1970 Ford Ltd- No Options!

Production # For 1970 Ford Ltd- No Options!

I Just Acquired A 1970 Ford Ltd.

28,000 Mile Car, Very Well Kept.
    This Car Does Not Have Any Options!

3-speed Manual On Column, No Clock, No Radio, No Power Anything.

How Would I Be Able To Find How Many Ltd's Were Order Optionless ?
    '03 MM, Silver Birch. DOB: 4/08/03

Try this site: http://www.martiauto.com/
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Roy, thanx for the link. I sent an email to them. Thanx, again.

Glad to be of help, Ron. Keep us posted.
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I Just Acquired A 1970 Ford Ltd.

28,000 Mile Car, Very Well Kept.
    This Car Does Not Have Any Options!

3-speed Manual On Column, No Clock, No Radio, No Power Anything.

How Would I Be Able To Find How Many Ltd's Were Order Optionless ?

Sounds like a NYPD unit except fot the standard shift.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Unusual I think for a three on the tree LTD, usually that was for the Custom model. Cool find.
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Is it green?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSignals View Post
    Is it green?
    Maybe pastel green with a forest green vinyl top?

I had a '71 in that color combination, what was Ford thinking?

SCCH

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

Here it is :
    http://www.carad.com/status/Showroom...isting=8987646

After reading the 1970 dealer brochure for the car, 3-speed manual w/ the 351 V8 was standard eguipment.

This is a very nice piece.

I traded my wife's 1977 Triumph TR7, title for title, & he provided the transport company. I thought it was to good to be true.
    I've had the car for three weeks now.
    All it needs is good detailing & some fresh tires.

This has to be a very rare piece being ordered w/out any options.

I first thought the vinyl top was an option, but the brochure doesn't list it as an option. It just states "w/ available vinyl top".

My late grandfather ordered a '70 Broughm 4 door hardtop in yellow with black top and cloth interior. All he ordered for it was an automatic and limited slip rear end. He traded it in for a '78 LTD after the frame rusted & broke.

Rest In Peace:
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Here it is :
    http://www.carad.com/status/Showroom...isting=8987646

After reading the 1970 dealer brochure for the car, 3-speed manual w/ the 351 V8 was standard eguipment.

This is a very nice piece.

I traded my wife's 1977 Triumph TR7, title for title, & he provided the transport company. I thought it was to good to be true.
    I've had the car for three weeks now.
    All it needs is good detailing & some fresh tires.

This has to be a very rare piece being ordered w/out any options.

I first thought the vinyl top was an option, but the brochure doesn't list it as an option. It just states "w/ available vinyl top".
    The ad isn't listed anymore.
    "available vinyl top" would mean that the vinyl top was an option.

I asked if the car was green, because it seems whenever a pristine original low mileage car is found, they are usually green. Don't know why thwt is.
    Member Number 32

An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Cheesehead View Post
    Maybe pastel green with a forest green vinyl top?

I had a '71 in that color combination, what was Ford thinking?

SCCH
    At least Ford coordinated green with green.

The chooser of colours for General Motors must have been color blind.

Mustard yellow exteriors with green interiors, for example.
    Member Number 32

It was also on ebay here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3492484&rd=1,1

I'll have to read the brochure again, but it didn't list the vinyl top under options ???
    Maybe it was a no cost option?

I'm going to place an order here www.martiauto.com.
    $220.00 for thr elite package..........ouch.

I wonder if that is also the price to locate the VIN for my grandfather's LTD.

Rest In Peace:
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by RoyLPita View Post
    I wonder if that is also the price to locate the VIN for my grandfather's LTD.

Brian it may well be. They have all of Ford's records on vehicle orders from the '50s, 60's and '70s, from what I've read. If you call Ford archives they will refer you to that place.
    Member Number 32

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information