Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auction Today: 1969 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler

Auction Today: 1969 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler

My boss is down here but he won't buy me this

http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCar...rID=r138&fc=0#

You boss is a big meanie

Do you know how much it sold for?
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Thats not any spoiler that is a Dan Gurney car! Some years ago I almost bought a Cale Yarbouroug spoiler
    # 2352 Lidio Built my Hot Rod... 2011 S55-001

CanadaSVT,
    www.svtoa-toronto.ca
    This engine assumble plant looks fantastic. I wonder if one of those engines would
    be able to be installed a MM 04?
    At 624 HP that is a lot of engine, but it sure could kick so a$$ no dough.
    I would be interested in weather or not it would work in a MM. Or how much touble it would be to do so. I like what it looks like.
    Another question would be, would it fit under a regular hood or would I need a cowl
    hood?
    Canada SVT, can you answer some of these questions. Do you work in the Plant?
    and could we get an engine built you and your partner?
    Thanks for any information you might be able to provide. I look forward to you reply
    Best to all there in Canada from us here in the USA.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by FastMerc View Post
    Thats not any spoiler that is a Dan Gurney car! Some years ago I almost bought a Cale Yarbouroug spoiler
    i know where theres a cale yarbouroug sittin rottin into the ground mostly complete but no motor and he wont sell. he also has a talledaga in the garage behind it that just sits there.

I'm buying it...drop a 427 in,supercharge it,parachute and...wait a minute,I aint got the money....a guy can DREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Mercguy04 View Post
    CanadaSVT,
    www.svtoa-toronto.ca
    This engine assumble plant looks fantastic. I wonder if one of those engines would
    be able to be installed a MM 04?
    At 624 HP that is a lot of engine, but it sure could kick so a$$ no dough.
    I would be interested in weather or not it would work in a MM. Or how much touble it would be to do so. I like what it looks like.
    Another question would be, would it fit under a regular hood or would I need a cowl
    hood?
    Canada SVT, can you answer some of these questions. Do you work in the Plant?
    and could we get an engine built you and your partner?
    Thanks for any information you might be able to provide. I look forward to you reply
    Best to all there in Canada from us here in the USA.
    Russell
    Not sure which engine you are mentioning.

I work at Oakville Assembly Complex where we build the Ford Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX and MKT.

Not a Cyclone,but a guy I know around here has a 72 Torino CJ, but they went to the 351 that year. Its an ATX on the column and worst of all that burnt orange color. Last time I spoke to him he wanted $12.5k He rarely drives it.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

RM auctions is 30mins from me. Their showroom is very impressive.
    Canadian Marauder
    black 300a
    JLT intake
    SCT Tuned by Lidio
    Blacked out Tail lights
    FRPP shorties - Mac Prochamber x-pipe - Dynomax Super Turbo's and delete tips
    Addco front and rear sway bars
    lowered with 1 coil cut
    cooling mod
    Ford Racing 4.10's
    Vortech S-trim collecting dust in the closet

Nice car, but what's with the 390 engine ? Didn't these only come with the 351 Windsor ? Or was that only in the Aero version ?
    My daily driver: '04 DTR Crown Vic Sport !

Wahr wahr My little DTR

I'm gonna turn it on
    Wind it up
    Blow it out
    D T R

Quote Originally Posted by 69ranchero351c View Post
    i know where theres a cale yarbouroug sittin rottin into the ground mostly complete but no motor and he wont sell. he also has a talledaga in the garage behind it that just sits there.
    Thats down right stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by PhastPhil View Post
    Nice car, but what's with the 390 engine ? Didn't these only come with the 351 Windsor ? Or was that only in the Aero version ?
    Because its a Gurney car!

I have always loved those cars.

What did it sell for?

Quote Originally Posted by Canadasvt View Post
    My boss is down here but he won't buy me this

http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCar...rID=r138&fc=0#
    I am James Meadows and that was my car. I restored it and can tell you guys everything about this very rare "cheater car". When Ford called out NASCAR to inspect the "fleet" they did not have the required 500 cars to meet NASCARs homologation rule. This rule said that if you wanted to race it you needed to make 500 for sale to the public but Ford was unable to get that many ready so they hid around 80 cars in the middle of the group so that when NASCAR came out they saw a sea of blue and red roof tops counted the cars 20 across and 25 deep thereby fooling NASCAR into thinking they had met the quota. Next year (1970) the rule changed and said you had to have 1 car for every dealership. So the reason there are some big block cars is b/c they snuck in the "W" nose cars which dont cary the special op vin tag but carry all the paint code designating it a DGS. This car is actually the lowest numbered known survivor and the build date Jan.17th. Which is why it is a "cheater car" the spoiler II's were all date code built in late Feb and March. Only 54 of the cheater cars are known to exist. Of those there are (As best I remember b/c I sold it in almost 10 yrs ago at a Dean Kruse Auction for 34K) only 4 known 390's and 3 428's. Mine had factory A/C which I was never able to find another one with ithat option. The car looks exacttly like I built it stock with the exception of the Torque Thrust wheels which I think made it look Bad A**. If this forum gets re-newed interest I will go into more detail about what else I did and what I paid as that story really is interesting as well. But I can assure you that this particular car is considerd part of the 500 Holmogated cars and is a Spoiler. It is also#'s matching. I feel honored to know it was part of an exclusive collection when sold and would love to know who that was. Also I re-did the interior and love the fact that the write up says that it looks like new. My guy did a great job on it and it required him locating 3 different types of material to get that look. any way there is more to the story and if the interest comes back I will go into more detail about what else I needed to do to get it back, what I bought it for and some other neat things that happened along the way of bringing it back to it former glory. I am from Texas and if you look at the pkates they are 1969 TX tags, so I will leave it at that and wait to see if anyone is interested in hearing more or has questions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information