Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Marauder Headlights...And a quick story...

New Marauder Headlights...And a quick story...

Other than not being OEM, what is the difference with the aftermarket headlights?

So, since RescuRauder is getting painted, I decided that it would be cool to get some new headlights to compliment the new paint job. I did some late night surfing and found that there still are a few OEM driver AND passenger headlights available at a good price. So, the next day, I called....several places only to find out that the OEM Passenger lights are no longer available. However, one parts guy said HE had a pair (DS & PS) on the shelf and would ship them immediately. The next day, OOPS, they were both DS and our inventory was wrong. Then, he did an extensive search for me and said he found ONE OEM Passenger and would have it sent to me along with a new drivers side OEM!! Of course, I tried to contain my excitement until they arrived on my porch. So, I called to check on my order today (couldn't wait) and guess what? The other dealer didn't have it either AFTER saying that they were boxing it up to ship to me. So, no NEW Passenger OEM headlight for me! I wasted a whole week trying to go along with these people who insisted they had a part and didn't. What a waste of time....

Aftermarket?????????????

"RescuRauder", Born on 09/02/2003 & rescued on 04/05/2013. #236 of 3214 and #62 of 1237 in Black. CAI, Some kind of tune, Kooks Headers, X-pipe w/Hi-Flow cats, Magnaflow mufflers, Resonators removed, 4.10's, Metco U&L CA and Watts link, Drilled & slotted rotors, now BOOSTED!! Eaton Swapped 12/29/19!!
    Sold! 1986 Mustang GT Vert, Black, 5spd, new short block, Powerheads, Crower 15511, gears, exhaust etc.

1968 Ford (Galaxie) XL fastback, 390, factory buckets & auto on floor
    2011 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue with SVT Performance Pkg & Navigation, VMP tuned ~550rwhp/550rwtq. Finally Blown!

Here is what I found on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZrX3i_jcg
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

I had an issue with a Depo headlamp that would not adjust up high enough.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

I love my depot lenses, but they are only 9 months old........
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    Where do you get these Depot lenses? I have been on eBay but there seems to be a lot of no name after market pieces.

"RescuRauder", Born on 09/02/2003 & rescued on 04/05/2013. #236 of 3214 and #62 of 1237 in Black. CAI, Some kind of tune, Kooks Headers, X-pipe w/Hi-Flow cats, Magnaflow mufflers, Resonators removed, 4.10's, Metco U&L CA and Watts link, Drilled & slotted rotors, now BOOSTED!! Eaton Swapped 12/29/19!!
    Sold! 1986 Mustang GT Vert, Black, 5spd, new short block, Powerheads, Crower 15511, gears, exhaust etc.

2011 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue with SVT Performance Pkg & Navigation, VMP tuned ~550rwhp/550rwtq. Finally Blown!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyLPita View Post
    I had an issue with a Depo headlamp that would not adjust up high enough.
    I have them too and you know what, they are kind of low. I don't drive it much in the dark anyway so, who minds

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    Me too. I've had mine on for a year and still look as good as new.

When we PM'd I told you about my aftermarket headlights I had put in my Marauder before I totaled it. They were Depo and I couldn't tell the difference. If I need to replace the ones in my current car I wouldn't be afraid to buy Depo again. I kept my receipt so I'd have the numbers they use. I found mind on e-bay as a pair but that was 13 months ago now.

'95 S/C Mustang GT aka "A'Teala" da' Run-caretaker since May '97
    '00 Lightning aka QuickSilver da'Toy Truck #3407 of 4966 born on 5/30/00-caretaker since May '01
    '03 Marauder 300A aka Blacular #1850 of 7838 #1850 of 7093 Black born on 6/24/02-caretaker since Mar '11 - 9/9/13..R.I.P You'll be missed.
    '03 Marauder 300A aka MarTilda #2215 of 7838 #2215 of 7093 Black born on 7/15/02 -caretaker since 9/26/13

Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

I'll be buying these and putting the lamin-x film on for protection when I start selling retrofits in the new year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so I may sound retarded.
    I have 5 Marauders...

ask LJI372 about that HEHEHE

Quote Originally Posted by Limited360 View Post
    I'll be buying these and putting the lamin-x film on for protection when I start selling retrofits in the new year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so I may sound retarded.
    projector retrofits?!?!?

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwibbity View Post
    projector retrofits?!?!?

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!
    Very Very soon...

Will be done with top notch parts, no ebay junk (aside from DEPO lights) which will need to opened and resealed so that fixes that problem.

I will be taking deposit of half the final cost up front (refundable if you back out before I order parts).

More news to come in the New Year... Working out the details now. Also waiting on the new version of projector to come out so that everyone gets the best parts possible. I am a bit OCD. I am sad about my first set as I used cheap EBAY projectors and I should not have!
    Last edited by Limited360; 12-21-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    I have 5 Marauders...

Quote Originally Posted by Limited360 View Post
    Very Very soon...

Will be done with top notch parts, no ebay junk (aside from DEPO lights) which will need to opened and resealed so that fixes that problem.

I will be taking deposit of half the final cost up front (refundable if you back out before I order parts).

More news to come in the New Year... Working out the details now. Also waiting on the new version of projector to come out so that everyone gets the best parts possible. I am a bit OCD. I am sad about my first set as I used cheap EBAY projectors and I should not have!

Will they look like these?

I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Driver's side OEM ones are still available. Would it make sense to order a new Drivers side OEM one? Would they match? Or should I just get a pair of matching aftermarket ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    Will they look like these?

Sorry to thread jack...

Can look identical or better.. I don't like how yours are so blacked out as it doesnt match the turn lens, I think we need to open that up and spray tint the chrome to match the headlmap to make it look right. I would use different bezels as I don't like the the ones with rivets in them and also the circle shroud does not fit the headlight design (rectangular) the ones on my car I am not a fan of at all.. but it was a quick ebay special project...

Send me your buckets and I can do these plug and play for $250-300, not a fan though, I could tint the back chrome to match yours tho.. However I won't use this ebay junk again as the final products I will be making will be top notch... just give me time... out on disability so I can't do much.,... Damn back surgery... As soon as Doctor gives me clearance to drive I will get a set of top notch ones done, quality projectors with 55w bulbs, also with shrouds that fit our housings better so it looks even more OEM. Working on pricing and such.

My lenses were screwed and this pic shows that, it wasn't from the oven baking process, however I now do this with a heat gun instead to preserve the lens from the heat.

But that lens did clean up ike this.... same lens..

Last edited by Limited360; 12-21-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    I have 5 Marauders...

Quote Originally Posted by sflrainmaker01 View Post
    Driver's side OEM ones are still available. Would it make sense to order a new Drivers side OEM one? Would they match? Or should I just get a pair of matching aftermarket ones?
    I would suggest buying matching aftermarket ones.
    I have 5 Marauders...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information