Thread: PATS issue? LCM issue? Help me diagnose

PATS issue? LCM issue? Help me diagnose

Let me set the scene. This past weekend wife and I took a weekend trip and we took the Marauder. No issue driving to our location. And no signs/symptoms of any issues.

Well we woke up yesterday and as we are packing up the car to go home, I noticed that my radio was on an AM station when I started my car and the clock was off . I always have my clock set at the correct time and I always turn my radio off before I turn my car off. It's just a force of habit. Immediately this set off warning bells in my head, because the only time this would happen is if I unhook the battery. Usually when you take the battery off and put it back on, the radio will always be on. So it was weird, but I had no issues going home. Stopped a couple times to take pictures on the way home and I had no issues starting back up or anything.

Fast forward this morning. Went out to the garage to go to work. As soon as I open my driver's side door, all the lights go off. Everything. No interior lights at all. Put the key in the ignition, nothing. No sound. Get out. Open the hood. check all my battery connections. Everything is tight. Open up the door again. My lights are back on. Car fires right up.

I haven't had a chance to dig into this too far, but what kind of symptoms am I having? What will make the car go completely "dead" for about 30 seconds to a minute?

Is this a PATS issue? Fuse issue? Wiring? My battery connections are tight. Maybe I need to shine them up? I don't notice any corrosion built up. Battery is about 2 years old.
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

How old is the battery?

Check all the power and ground connections under the hood.... everything should be clean and tight.

Look at the condition of the power and ground cables. Is there any corrosion near the ends?

Take the battery to a FLAPS and have them test it.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

+1 on battery issues.

Although you have not have not had any issues starting which makes the battery issue a little unlikely.

The lighting issues sound like an LCM, but it certainly would not effect the radio station or clock.
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

LCM came to mind but you should still be able to start your car. This was as if I didn't have a battery connected at all. Just dead.

FBM battery will be 3 yrs old in July. I cleaned and shined up the connections. All my ground wires look fine. No corrosion or kinks. If the symptoms keep occurring I will take it to a FLAPS and have them check the battery

Can't stop the signal

Quote Originally Posted by Mebot View Post
    LCM came to mind but you should still be able to start your car. This was as if I didn't have a battery connected at all. Just dead.

FBM battery will be 3 yrs old in July. I cleaned and shined up the connections. All my ground wires look fine. No corrosion or kinks. If the symptoms keep occurring I will take it to a FLAPS and have them check the battery

Can't stop the signal
    A battery that is on it's way out or has a cell going bad will give you strange symptoms.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I might stop at a FLAPS tomorrow on my way home from work and get it tested.

I would load test the battery it sounds like it may have a dead cell.
    2004 Silver Birch
    K and N intake, Lidio Tune, 4:10's, Rear Cat Delete, Megs Res delete tips, Flow masters, drilled slotted rotors, Lip spoiler, Colex Gods Head Emblems, Bob White Inserts, Marauder sill plates, Nitto's Extreme 555's, heated seats, sunroof .

Yeah I'm pretty certain it's the battery. Thanks for all the replies. I will be looking into getting a new one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mebot View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty certain it's the battery. Thanks for all the replies. I will be looking into getting a new one soon.
    I wouldn't take the chance, I'll take the car and its problems off your hands. I'll even give ya eight dolla for it. Don't want you and Michelle stranded out in Washington state with a dead battery!
    MARAUDERS get me ****!

Thread Information