Thread: Bad ABS Module?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bad ABS Module?

I have a 2003 300a I've been chasing as abs light on. The code is for the right rear speed sensor circuit fault. After a lot of searching and investigating with a multimeter and have discovered that the abs module is not putting out the necessary 5 volts to the sensor to the right rear sensor (checked at the abs module plug). Has anybody else experienced something similar? I have a complete abs unit off another 300a on the shelf, just making sure that there isn't some other possible solution before i take the time to switch the pump out and bleed the brakes with the scan tool.

Can you just change the electronic control by itself instead of disconnecting the whole module? I have an 04 with TC and have the same issue. Mine has not been working for a few years now. So long that the TC and ABS light doesn't even go on anymore. Once in a while they will both illuminate but usually stay off. I too plan on swaping out the module but I may try to just change the electronics, not sure if that can easily be done though.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Did you verify the ABS module is getting proper voltage?

I have not checked voltage to the module yet as i do not have the wiring diagram and had to stop last night before i got that far. I will check that when i get home. I was also wondering if anybody has ever switched just the electronics. I believe i have a low mileage abs unit off a marquis I might sacrifice in order to figure out if its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I have not checked voltage to the module yet as i do not have the wiring diagram and had to stop last night before i got that far. I will check that when i get home. I was also wondering if anybody has ever switched just the electronics. I believe i have a low mileage abs unit off a marquis I might sacrifice in order to figure out if its possible.
    They are different. The marauder abs unit is programmed for staggered sized tires

I checked voltage at the module key on, engine off. 11.6 volts. Battery is at 11.62. Guess I'm off to my storage building to grab a few modules and see what I can figure out.

You can swap only the electrical portion of the abs module without a problem. No brake bleeding required. You will run into an issue if you use a grand marquis module on your marauder unless you have the same size tire all the way around.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I plugged in an extra module I had off a 300a. I now have power to the sensor. I'm gonna swap the electronics when I get a chance and it should be good to go.

Module master can rebuild your old unit fairly reasonable. And yes, the electronics can be changed out easily, you will possibly run into issues with the tire stagger.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I have my spare marauder one ready to put on. I will be sending the damaged module out to be repaired and it can sit on the shelf in case I ever need it.

WHo did you find to repair it. The places I contacted said no to the Marauder module.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Me too ---

I'm looking for a place that will repair my ABS unit -- same issues as others are having in this thread. Do you know who does this work?

Peter

I'm going to see if myairbags.com can repair it. They have abs module repair listed on their website for 100-150 depending on the type. I've used them for resetting air bag sensors several times. Very good customer service and quick turn around.

Thread Information