Thread: Interior lights?

Interior lights?

When I open the doors on my Marauder, the interior lights come on....is this normal?....
    Please help me out.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

You have an electrical short somewhere in the LCM for sure....
    Originally Posted by LIGHTNIN1
    ... As for the rest of the Washigton crowd, I think we would be better off in the hands of the Somali Pirates.

2004 Black Mercury Marauder
    2057 of 3213
    K&N CAI
    Lidio 93 Octane Tune
    4.10 FRPP Gears
    MagnaFlow SS Mufflers and Tips
    Fuel Filter Upgrade Motorcraft FG800A or equivalent
    Ford part number N807055S hood squeak fix
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ASK FOR MOTORCRAFT OIL AND FILTER WHEN GETTING YOUR OIL CHANGED AT A FORD GARAGE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

i think thats a ford recall..... is your car driving sideways by any chance? this might make the lights come on when you open your door

What model marauder do you have... the marauder L, the marauder AWD or the marauder with the 7 speed trans?

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    i think thats a ford recall..... is your car driving sideways by any chance? this might make the lights come on when you open your door

What model marauder do you have... the marauder L, the marauder AWD or the marauder with the 7 speed trans?
    H has the Marauder "Fresh Paint" version
    Originally Posted by LIGHTNIN1
    ... As for the rest of the Washigton crowd, I think we would be better off in the hands of the Somali Pirates.

2004 Black Mercury Marauder
    2057 of 3213
    K&N CAI
    Lidio 93 Octane Tune
    4.10 FRPP Gears
    MagnaFlow SS Mufflers and Tips
    Fuel Filter Upgrade Motorcraft FG800A or equivalent
    Ford part number N807055S hood squeak fix
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ASK FOR MOTORCRAFT OIL AND FILTER WHEN GETTING YOUR OIL CHANGED AT A FORD GARAGE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Check you door light fluid.

We need more information to completely solve your problem. And my more information, I mean whining about how when you say moronic things that people tell you how moronic it is. Then you will need to write a 12 page article about how you are NOT trying to get attention. Finally you need to wonder why every one ELSE seems to always be the problem. But alas, it's not your fault.....
    Don't bring skittles to a gunfight.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    When I open the doors on my Marauder, the interior lights come on....is this normal?....
    Please help me out.
    Does it matter which door is opened? Sitting still or on the highway??
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by bob6364 View Post
    You have an electrical short somewhere in the LCM for sure....
    LCM?... What does LCM stand for? Is it expensive? Can I use an LCM from a Blazer? Should I just rip this 'LCM' out of the Marauder?

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    i think thats a ford recall..... is your car driving sideways by any chance? This might make the lights come on when you open your door.

Yes, When I race Porsches on cold curvy roads in heavy traffic I am quite often sideways! Does it matter if I am sliding to the left or to the right?
    How can I tell if I have an 'L' model? Is my Marauder special?

Quote Originally Posted by guspech750 View Post
    Check you door light fluid.
    Wow! Door light fluid! Thanks, I never thought of that....I'll go out and check it this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrog_gunner View Post
    We need more information to completely solve your problem. And my more information, I mean whining about how when you say moronic things that people tell you how moronic it is. Then you will need to write a 12 page article about how you are NOT trying to get attention. Finally you need to wonder why every one ELSE seems to always be the problem. But alas, it's not your fault.....
    Yep, you're right! Everybody seems to have a 'tude' about me. Just because I never try to fix it myself, I never attempt to search existing threads for a possible answer, I never really even think about the problem...I just fire up another long thread!
    And if you don't like it...That's your problem buddy...not mine! Deal with it!
    "I'm here to post the most"
    BTW: Get your own blog site!.....this one is mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    Does it matter which door is opened? Sitting still or on the highway??
    Usually the driver's door, and usually when I am doing crazy donuts in intersections while hanging out of the open driver's door to see how much smoke is coming off of my rear tires.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Enough. Find something else to do.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Thread Information