Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice requested

Advice requested

I think I finally found a car for my teenager in SO CAL!

Have been looking for some time for a CV SPORT or Explorer for my 16 year old son.

Found a custom ordered 2004 CV that has everything custom ordered except the bucket seats and floor shifter.

It has the "rear air suspension," "upgraded suspension and roll bars", "dual exhaust," "sport gearing," and 16 inch (ugly) cross spoke wheels --not fan blades... again everything except just not the bucket seats and floor shifter, but has the silver/chrome grill.

Was thinking I'd buy it, add the front black mustang/mach 1 spoiler, the SB tail spoiler/fin, and paint the front grill SB.

85000 miles. 1 owner, new tires, all records, serviced at Ford dealer. Guy wants $4,500 firm.

Thoughts?

PS I had found a trashed CV sport that had 85,000 miles-for $4,500-but it was dented and scratched and needed over $1,000 to bring it back to snuff, AND I found a perfect 1 owner 2004 explorer but it has the 6 cy vs. the tried and true 8 cy... and that 6 is known to be problematic.

I am liking the old guy who owns the CV--and the CV it is like the LSC GMQ.

Should I JUST DO IT?

Another Q. How hard is it to convert to the floor shifter?

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Smile

If it is a good clean car and 1 owner price seems ok to me.
    Hard to find a clean car that is taken care of .
    Crown Vic sport and LSE Grand marq are hard to find
    I am sure you teenager will just be happy dad bought a car for them

LSE is better than a Crown Vic Sport
    Last edited by MERCURY 2003LSE; 07-27-2016 at 05:42 PM. Reason: LSE -
    SOLD MY MARAUDER .

Well it's not a sport

Have you priced a black on black 08 mgm in your area? They look pretty nice, dash is nice

If he is 16, might just find a mgm and let him wreck it a few times,... They are cheap to replace
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Go with the Panther, CV, GM, TC. A lot of kids wreck their first car and the Panther is a proven 5 Star car. Not saying yours will, but if he does he should fair better in a Panther over the Explorer.

They don't call them "Exploders" for nothing.

My dad bought me a 97 Vic for my first car. Loved it!

Throw some marauder wheels on that puppy!
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

The 2004 sounds like a Crown Victoria LX HPP. HPP stands for Handling & Performance Package. You can check the VIN to see if it is truly the HPP. It has everything you mentioned, air suspension, upgraded sway bars, dual exhaust, 3.27 gears, 16" Y-spoke wheels. The 2004 CV LX HPP is solid and a great car for a teenager. Although not a MM, it is definitely near the top of the panther list. I would say if it is in good shape and no rust, go for it. If your teenager doesn't abuse it, and only 85,000 original miles, the CV will last him 10+ years.

I'm curious, does it have the digital dash and leather seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    The 2004 sounds like a Crown Victoria LX HPP. HPP stands for Handling & Performance Package. You can check the VIN to see if it is truly the HPP. It has everything you mentioned, air suspension, upgraded sway bars, dual exhaust, 3.27 gears, 16" Y-spoke wheels. The 2004 CV LX HPP is solid and a great car for a teenager. Although not a MM, it is definitely near the top of the panther list. I would say if it is in good shape and no rust, go for it. If your teenager doesn't abuse it, and only 85,000 original miles, the CV will last him 10+ years.

This. I would get it if there aren't any issues with the car. The price isn't that bad, I'd aim for 3500 or so.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

Castine, Maine & Brooklyn, NY & Walton, NY
    All Marauders have side airbags! 2004 Crown Vic side airbags were an additional cost which is easy to spot with the front seat label. Get a Crown Vic with side airbags and spend time with that new driver teaching them a very important aspect of life which is safe driving. No distractions in a safe car is a happy life for all.

Sounds like a decent price but I'd still try to haggle. Firm doesn't always mean firm depending on how long it's been on the market. If you buy it post some pics. Good luck!

GREAT QUESTIONS.... YES TO BOOTH!

IS THIS A GOOD THING?

Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Yes, it confirms that the car is a Handling and Performance Package car. The HPP was the precursor to the Sport and LSE packages. It has most of the Sport equipment except for the interior bits like the floor shift console and buckets and color matched grille and trim. They are harder to find than standard Vics, but not as hard to find as Sport packages.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM75 View Post
    Yes, it confirms that the car is a Handling and Performance Package car. The HPP was the precursor to the Sport and LSE packages. It has most of the Sport equipment except for the interior bits like the floor shift console and buckets and color matched grille and trim. They are harder to find than standard Vics, but not as hard to find as Sport packages.
    Yes, that's right. If I am correct, the LX HPP also came with the side airbags. There should be a tag on the side of the upper front seats confirming this. You can get a tune on the LX HPP and your teenager should be quite happy.

Smile

Yes, that's right. If I am correct, the LX HPP also came with the side airbags. There should be a tag on the side of the upper front seats confirming this. You can get a tune on the LX HPP and your teenager should be quite happy.
    Side airbags were an option , HPP all did not have side airbags.
    If the OP runs the VIN in Ford Etis site he can find all the build info and options the car has
    SOLD MY MARAUDER .

I've got the Marrone Sticker and build sheet!

Price is still a little high at $4500--but cannot find any SPORT for under $7000 this clean.

I will paint the front grill, add the front chin spoiler and the painted tail spoiler, and hope to find some fan blade or charger wheels later...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information