MercuryMarauder.net Forums    

Go Back   MercuryMarauder.net Forums > Events > Events

Events Post your local Car shows or Marauder gatherings here! Subforums: Carlisle 2014 New Hampshire Regional Meet - Aug. 2014 SSHS14 Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout 13

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 10-12-2017, 12:29 PM
Logizyme's Avatar
Logizyme Logizyme is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle Washington
Posts: 905
Trader: (2)
Seattle, I am leaning towards July so that we may piggy back on Mustangs Northwest's Mustang Roundup, the largest annual gathering of mustangs.

The Roundup hold's their track day on Thursday at Pacific Raceways formally known as SIR, a track about an hour outside of Seattle, I went a few years ago and IIRC it was about $150 which is about as cheap as a good track day gets, and all Ford powered vehicles are welcome, they have a mandatory drivers meeting Wed night so arriving Wed and driving the track on Thursday will be a optional part of the trip.

Friday and Saturday we will break off from the Roundup and see local attractions such as:

Seattle stuff: Seattle Science Center, Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the 1st Starbucks

Cruise (3hr 1way) to the Pacific Ocean, great picture opportunity will all marauders lined up in front of the ocean. The drive has nice views along the way. The city of ocean shores has plenty to do and see. Also a potential option is a group fishing charter, salmon season should be open in July - although I am not sure what we would do with our catch.

Cruise (2.5hr 1way) to the Bavarian theme town of Leavenworth, plenty to do and see, drink beer and eat brats and pretzels, this could potentially be moved to Sunday night, or Monday night, as an optional overnight stay in the themed town.

Cruise (3hr round trip) around Whidbey island in the Puget sound. Take one of Washington state's ferries across the water, stop and visit the historic Fort Casey military fort. Another great opportunity for some group pictures, explore the fort and the beaches of the sound, lighthouse ect. Return trip through Deception pass with great views.

Redhook brewery tour - Redmond WA
LeMay - America's Car Museum - Tacoma WA
The Museum of Flight - Seattle WA
Boeing Factory tour - Everett WA

Sunday join back up with the Roundup for their All Ford Show and picnic in Bellevue WA. This is a huge show with plenty of cars to look at and people choice award's. In years past they have included Crown Vic and Marauder Categories' thanks to our attendance and they would certainly welcome our group in. It would also serve as a platform for our internal MV awards. They have multiple food trucks, a dynamometer, shwag vendors and plenty of sun/shade.

Seattle-Tacoma international airport is large and has regular service to all parts of the country for those who would not want to make the long drive.

Not a full proposal, but I have put some serious thought into it. IIRC proposal submissions are usually requested in March so I think I still have some time to work on more details, but I hope this post will generate some excitement and let you all know that I(and some others who's help I will certainly require) are serious about making a go of this.
__________________
I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-12-2017, 01:04 PM
whitey whitey is offline
Closed
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: essextrash, maryland
Age: 33
Posts: 2,829
Trader: (3)
How about lexington kentucky? ....
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-12-2017, 01:20 PM
Haggis's Avatar
Haggis Haggis is offline
La Fin du Monde
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Afhaggisland
Posts: 12,009
Trader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
Seattle, I am leaning towards July so that we may piggy back on Mustangs Northwest's Mustang Roundup, the largest annual gathering of mustangs.

The Roundup hold's their track day on Thursday at Pacific Raceways formally known as SIR, a track about an hour outside of Seattle, I went a few years ago and IIRC it was about $150 which is about as cheap as a good track day gets, and all Ford powered vehicles are welcome, they have a mandatory drivers meeting Wed night so arriving Wed and driving the track on Thursday will be a optional part of the trip.

Friday and Saturday we will break off from the Roundup and see local attractions such as:

Seattle stuff: Seattle Science Center, Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the 1st Starbucks

Cruise (3hr 1way) to the Pacific Ocean, great picture opportunity will all marauders lined up in front of the ocean. The drive has nice views along the way. The city of ocean shores has plenty to do and see. Also a potential option is a group fishing charter, salmon season should be open in July - although I am not sure what we would do with our catch.

Cruise (2.5hr 1way) to the Bavarian theme town of Leavenworth, plenty to do and see, drink beer and eat brats and pretzels, this could potentially be moved to Sunday night, or Monday night, as an optional overnight stay in the themed town.

Cruise (3hr round trip) around Whidbey island in the Puget sound. Take one of Washington state's ferries across the water, stop and visit the historic Fort Casey military fort. Another great opportunity for some group pictures, explore the fort and the beaches of the sound, lighthouse ect. Return trip through Deception pass with great views.

Redhook brewery tour - Redmond WA
LeMay - America's Car Museum - Tacoma WA
The Museum of Flight - Seattle WA
Boeing Factory tour - Everett WA

Sunday join back up with the Roundup for their All Ford Show and picnic in Bellevue WA. This is a huge show with plenty of cars to look at and people choice award's. In years past they have included Crown Vic and Marauder Categories' thanks to our attendance and they would certainly welcome our group in. It would also serve as a platform for our internal MV awards. They have multiple food trucks, a dynamometer, shwag vendors and plenty of sun/shade.

Seattle-Tacoma international airport is large and has regular service to all parts of the country for those who would not want to make the long drive.

Not a full proposal, but I have put some serious thought into it. IIRC proposal submissions are usually requested in March so I think I still have some time to work on more details, but I hope this post will generate some excitement and let you all know that I(and some others who's help I will certainly require) are serious about making a go of this.
Go for it I am in. Drive time in the Marauder...WIN!!!
__________________
Saorsa gu Brath
(Freedon Forever)


Si vis pacem para bellum
(If you want peace, prepare for war)


Μολὼν λαβέ
(Come and take them)


Stann saam of sterf allen
(Stand together or die alone)


Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
(Fortune Favors the Brave)


Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
(Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights


"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-12-2017, 03:47 PM
TooManyFords's Avatar
TooManyFords TooManyFords is offline
Action figures sold separately
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Waterloo, IA
Age: 58
Posts: 4,372
Trader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
Seattle, I am leaning towards July so that we may piggy back on Mustangs Northwest's Mustang Roundup, the largest annual gathering of mustangs.
I'll drag my junk out there next year even if nobody else shows! PM me the dates when it gets closer and I'll set aside vacation time.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-12-2017, 06:47 PM
510paesan's Avatar
510paesan 510paesan is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Livermore, Ca.
Age: 30
Posts: 264
Trader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
Seattle, I am leaning towards July so that we may piggy back on Mustangs Northwest's Mustang Roundup, the largest annual gathering of mustangs.

The Roundup hold's their track day on Thursday at Pacific Raceways formally known as SIR, a track about an hour outside of Seattle, I went a few years ago and IIRC it was about $150 which is about as cheap as a good track day gets, and all Ford powered vehicles are welcome, they have a mandatory drivers meeting Wed night so arriving Wed and driving the track on Thursday will be a optional part of the trip.

Friday and Saturday we will break off from the Roundup and see local attractions such as:

Seattle stuff: Seattle Science Center, Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the 1st Starbucks

Cruise (3hr 1way) to the Pacific Ocean, great picture opportunity will all marauders lined up in front of the ocean. The drive has nice views along the way. The city of ocean shores has plenty to do and see. Also a potential option is a group fishing charter, salmon season should be open in July - although I am not sure what we would do with our catch.

Cruise (2.5hr 1way) to the Bavarian theme town of Leavenworth, plenty to do and see, drink beer and eat brats and pretzels, this could potentially be moved to Sunday night, or Monday night, as an optional overnight stay in the themed town.

Cruise (3hr round trip) around Whidbey island in the Puget sound. Take one of Washington state's ferries across the water, stop and visit the historic Fort Casey military fort. Another great opportunity for some group pictures, explore the fort and the beaches of the sound, lighthouse ect. Return trip through Deception pass with great views.

Redhook brewery tour - Redmond WA
LeMay - America's Car Museum - Tacoma WA
The Museum of Flight - Seattle WA
Boeing Factory tour - Everett WA

Sunday join back up with the Roundup for their All Ford Show and picnic in Bellevue WA. This is a huge show with plenty of cars to look at and people choice award's. In years past they have included Crown Vic and Marauder Categories' thanks to our attendance and they would certainly welcome our group in. It would also serve as a platform for our internal MV awards. They have multiple food trucks, a dynamometer, shwag vendors and plenty of sun/shade.

Seattle-Tacoma international airport is large and has regular service to all parts of the country for those who would not want to make the long drive.

Not a full proposal, but I have put some serious thought into it. IIRC proposal submissions are usually requested in March so I think I still have some time to work on more details, but I hope this post will generate some excitement and let you all know that I(and some others who's help I will certainly require) are serious about making a go of this.


Seems appropriate


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-13-2017, 01:31 PM
L.Mark L.Mark is offline
Now resides at---------->
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Continental Acres
Age: 46
Posts: 3,453
Trader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
How about lexington kentucky? ....
I see what you did there...
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-13-2017, 01:43 PM
RubberCtyRauder's Avatar
RubberCtyRauder RubberCtyRauder is offline
Weißbirke Plünderer
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,852
Trader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Mark View Post
I see what you did there...
How's about Sugar Tit State Park ?
__________________
2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
Has supporting mods and stuff
Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
Rex "SC Cheesehead"
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-13-2017, 05:29 PM
whitey whitey is offline
Closed
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: essextrash, maryland
Age: 33
Posts: 2,829
Trader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Mark View Post
I see what you did there...
Lmao! Just saying, they were so gung ho on going 2(?) years ago, that they completely lost an event. I figured they would be gung ho on going there now...what happened? No interest anymore....kind of like mv17?
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-26-2017, 06:47 PM
8UWITH6's Avatar
8UWITH6 8UWITH6 is online now
Keepin' the Shiny Side Up
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kansas City
Age: 38
Posts: 2,721
Trader: (2)
To the top?
__________________
Neil
2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
#195, Eaton Swap Went Boom- New Bullet ITW
2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
#2821 of 7838, Tagalong 2 - Wife's Daily Driver
2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
#963, 301,991 Miles, Purchased from Orig Owner
1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK
390FE, 4D HT, Staggered 18's, Cruiser
1986 Buick Regal Grand National
Stock Block/Heads 11.08 @ 122.39mph, 25psi
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-27-2017, 01:47 PM
L.Mark L.Mark is offline
Now resides at---------->
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Continental Acres
Age: 46
Posts: 3,453
Trader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
Lmao! Just saying, they were so gung ho on going 2(?) years ago, that they completely lost an event. I figured they would be gung ho on going there now...what happened? No interest anymore....kind of like mv17?
I have no public comment on this(ask me in person)


I really hope something is worked out...a more simplified criteria AND agenda to help facilitate people wanting to plan and organize MV's in the future...
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-27-2017, 09:49 PM
marauderrocks51 marauderrocks51 is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: lemont illinois
Posts: 192
Trader: (0)
I think he means springfield mo.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 11-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Ken's Avatar
Ken Ken is offline
Supporting Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amherst, OH
Age: 60
Posts: 2,505
Trader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
Seattle, I am leaning towards July so ......
Plan it and we will come. Just asking for an early warning on dates, so that we can ask for time off. July is prime vacation time, maybe some of those with kids can make it with school being out. Looking forward to the cross country trip northern version.
__________________
MARAUDERS get me ****!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-10-2017, 10:42 AM
FW_Linc/Merc's Avatar
FW_Linc/Merc FW_Linc/Merc is offline
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fort Wayne Indiana
Age: 48
Posts: 554
Trader: (6)
MVXV plan submitted.

I just submitted a real offer before 2018! It took me about 1.5 hours to do. Will anyone else stand up? It is really easy find a drag strip or road coarse and provide website links to the committee. Also provide enough other links for other events to fill a few days within an hour of two.
__________________


89 Mark7 BB to LSC (totaled)
91 Mark7 LSC SE
93 Mustang Cobra (stock)
97 Grand Cherokee Limited (V8!)
03 Mercury Marauder
03 Lincoln Town Car
05 Dodge Magnum (Hemi)
69 Impala 2dr (406 c.i)
58 Pontiac Parisienne
52 Ford F1 truck (302 V8 WIP)
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-10-2017, 03:12 PM
SteelQualityMan's Avatar
SteelQualityMan SteelQualityMan is offline
60's Street-Strip Racer
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
Posts: 181
Trader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW_Linc/Merc View Post
I just submitted a real offer before 2018! It took me about 1.5 hours to do. Will anyone else stand up? It is really easy find a drag strip or road coarse and provide website links to the committee. Also provide enough other links for other events to fill a few days within an hour of two.
Please confine your deliberations to relatively central places. I can't take the time or spend the money required for a 1000+ mile round trip (from northern Indiana) by car. I suspect that I am not alone in this. Have it in Seattle for example, and the only people who will probably be able to come live to the west of Phoenix, are retired, or can afford to have their MM trucked in. Just sayin.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
__________________
Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Comin' in Hot's Avatar
Comin' in Hot Comin' in Hot is online now
Supporting Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,653
Trader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelQualityMan View Post
Please confine your deliberations to relatively central places. I can't take the time or spend the money required for a 1000+ mile round trip (from northern Indiana) by car. I suspect that I am not alone in this. Have it in Seattle for example, and the only people who will probably be able to come live to the west of Phoenix, are retired, or can afford to have their MM trucked in. Just sayin.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Seriously? This is a national forum. Whatever the location, it’s going to be inconvenient for somebody. If Indiana is picked, it’s 10 hours for me, but about 30 hours for anyone from the West Coast. Maybe we should all show up at your house to make it convenient for you?
__________________
2003 DBP # 153 Whipple 3.4 in coming soon
2003 DBP Stock
2004 Black Trilogy #43

Last edited by Comin' in Hot; 12-10-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Honda Type 'R' Joe Walsh The Lounge 35 08-02-2017 04:37 PM
2018 ford bronco!!! slickster The Lounge 8 10-05-2016 04:03 PM
Marauderville Dennis Reinhart Reinhart Automotive 12 09-13-2010 09:26 AM
Marauderville in NY? Blackened300a North East Marauders 38 11-08-2009 06:13 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2017 - MercuryMarauder.net