Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Arnott air springs are closest?

The current part numbers for Marauder, Marquis & Town Car rear air springs are the same on the Tasca website. #3U2Z5580PA

This includes the TC "L" and regular as well as the LS & LSE flavors of the Marquis

So the info posted by EMAS basically said tere were always two grades regular & HPP

Tasca shows only one grade for all cars.
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Quote Originally Posted by EMAS View Post
    Ford made 2 air springs for the 98-up Panthers

• The air-springs rate is determined by the piston design. Each panther air spring is color coded, using the upper cap and the plastic piston.
    • THe rates and color codes go as follows:
    • -1997 Base RASCream piston and cream cap75 lbs/inch
    • all years HPP air-springs black piston and cream cap102 lbs/inch
    • 1998+ Base RAScream piston and black cap89 lbs/inch

• For comparison, the steel rear coil rates are: 130 lbs/in civilian, 160 lbs/in CVPI. However with RAS, being air springs, it's rate is variable and dependent on how much air is pumped in. If you add 200 lbs in the trunk, your effective spring rate will be higher as the RAS will pump more air into the air springs to keep the rear at trim height. Likewise, if you lower the rear suspension via the height sensor your spring rate will be lower than before - as there is less air in the bladder. The ratings of the factory airsprings are supposed to be with the springs inflated to normal operating pressure to keep the vehicle at trim height at factory curb weight.

Because of which, it's hard to directly compare the stiffness of the RAS airsprings rate to the base or CVPI coils by the number alone
    • You can easily see yours by going under the rear of the car (no need to raise it) on the bottom of the Air-Spring is the plastic support that rests on the perch (the piston). Cream/white indicates it is the low-rate spring, as used in non-HPP RAS equipped panthers (Town Cars included)
    • The black piston-ed air-springs are for HPPs, also used on Marauders and Town Car touring sedans and 99+ Limos/Livery.
    • Cream piston for base RAS equipped non-HPP (or similar) models, towing package included. LX Sports also use base rate air springs, the reason behind this is the 17" wheels. Ford had to soften suspension to offset the lower profile tires.
      Marauders have the 18" wheels, and no-compromises on the HPP equipment.
    WINNING post
    thank you
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Does anyone know the part number for the Marauder oem air springs? Black piston, cream top.
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

I have a set of OEM Marauder air springs for sale, only run on the car for one year then stored indoors.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

The HPP/Maruder/Town Car/Limo/ Air Spring is 3U2Z-5580-AA - Black Piston

The base CV/GM is 3U2Z-5580-PA - Cream Piston

lifespeed, I just ordered replacement bags, but if jaywish doesn't take your offer, I'd be interested in what you want for the OEM bags. Thanks!

ETA: I'll verify when my arnott bags come in, but I did not order the heavy duty bags. I'll measure the pistons and compare- think the A-2105 is the closest piston match.

The bags are still for sale, $275 incl. shipping. Half off the new price. First person to actually send money gets them.

I used Arnott, they are not the same as OEM. Definitely a higher rate which I don't think the car needs.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information