Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marauder COT Tube powdercoated.. MINT

Arrow COT

Quote Originally Posted by larryo340 View Post
    ......Thanks !
    Nice piece of work for sure but I'm reminded of the $275 Marauder Zippo lighter sold here recently.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    No offense, 400 bux for a piece of metal is ridiculous. If it was me in need of a replacement I would make something work or buy something aftermarket like an on 3 kit. Worst case I would cut my original rusted COT just above the temp sensors flare the ends and run hoses where they needed to go. Just thinking out loud. GLWS though!
    I do appreciate your opinion, but I’m assuming that you gave no experience in restoring a vintage car. NOS parts command a very high price especially when they are very rare. While a ‘03-‘04 Marauder is not vintage many parts are “unobtainium” ie: rear bumper cover.. we all have seen what these go for.
    While you might be content in making something work if your tube goes bad, and for a daily driver that would be good enough for some.. for most Marauder enthusiasts it won’t do.
    Yep,

Supply and Demand.....OEM/NOS Marauder parts are rare.
    Wait for another 20 years and see what these parts are going for.

Buyers pay $1,600 for a set of OEM BOSS 429 plug wires.
    Don't ask what NOS BOSS Thermactor valves and Rev Limiters go for.....
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Arrow COT Tube

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    Yep,

Yeah, but a not dis-similar item sold here for $175 last spring. Going back about 5 years, I viewed a thread about a brand new COT still packaged for $160.

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...be#post1561934
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Yeah, but a not dis-similar item sold here for $175 last spring. Going back about 5 years, I viewed a thread about a brand new COT still packaged for $160.
    https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...be#post1561934
    I guess you should have bought those then.

Arrow COT Tube

Quote Originally Posted by NXSBOB View Post
    I guess you should have bought those then.
    At that point I owned my car for two weeks. Don't be an ass. Can't fault people for trying to get maximum dollar for their merchandise but at some point it gets a little ridiculous.

I've made an offer and am prepared to make a counter offer.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

I sold my stock COT 5 years ago for $350, don’t know how they are going down in value?
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I think you should raise the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post

I agree 1000% don't understand why people think rare limited production cars and parts should be giving away like their everyday run-of-the-mill production car parts. if you don't have the money for a rare car you don't get to have one! that's just how it works in the real world. I hate that everybody thinks it's a owed to them to have a right to have what everyone else has attitude nowadays going around! You know what I like most about the marauder not everybody can have one!

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    At that point I owned my car for two weeks. Don't be an ass. Can't fault people for trying to get maximum dollar for their merchandise but at some point it gets a little ridiculous.

I've made an offer and am prepared to make a counter offer.
    Yes that was a similar COT, and it went for a bargain price. There will always be a case where something is sold cheap, but that doesn’t set the market price. My price was to recoup my cost of the tube and the powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post

Hmmmmm 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Themarauderguy View Post
    I agree 1000% don't understand why people think rare limited production cars and parts should be giving away like their everyday run-of-the-mill production car parts. if you don't have the money for a rare car you don't get to have one! that's just how it works in the real world. I hate that everybody thinks it's a owed to them to have a right to have what everyone else has attitude nowadays going around! You know what I like most about the marauder not everybody can have one!
    Very true... I regretted selling my Marauder as soon as I turned over the keys to its new owner

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I sold my stock COT 5 years ago for $350, don’t know how they are going down in value?
    Now I’m rethinking putting it back into storage

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Yep,

I remember about 25 years ago my friend started to restore his ‘69 Barracuda Formula S and just one side of the front grille in NOS was going for $3,000 to $5,000 that is a boat load of money today imagine back then 😱

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Arrow COT Tube

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    Oh my goodness! Do I hear a collective sigh of relief?!?! Those nasty rumors - the one about you getting $700 for your COT - that couldn't have been right - thanks for setting the record straight.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

A few questions in no particular order:
    Any pics of condition before it was stripped and/or after stripped and before powder coated?
    Also buyer may have an issue with o’ring areas because of the thickness of the powder coat in the grooves. It may have to get chipped out to fit into the heads (depending on how thick the powder coat is). Also, were the two pcs separated before powder coating?

Glws
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by lji372 View Post
    A few questions in no particular order:
    Any pics of condition before it was stripped and/or after stripped and before powder coated?
    Also buyer may have an issue with o’ring areas because of the thickness of the powder coat in the grooves. It may have to get chipped out to fit into the heads (depending on how thick the powder coat is). Also, were the two pcs separated before powder coating?

Glws
    I ran across a thread where you were building stainless steel units?
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Boy this thread got derailed

Quote Originally Posted by Themarauderguy View Post
    if you don't have the money for a rare car you don't get to have one! that's just how it works in the real world. I hate that everybody thinks it's a owed to them to have a right to have what everyone else has attitude nowadays going around! You know what I like most about the marauder not everybody can have one!
    Many of us (me included) bought our MMs brand new, you can't assume everyone bought the car hoping or knowing it would be a "collectable" and that we should "expect" to pay a premium for parts. I'm not saying supply and demand shouldn't count but I get just as miffed with people thinking because I own a rare car I must be a millionaire. Maybe, just maybe I bought the car a long time ago and was fortunate enough to see the value increase. Even though I plan on keeping my car forever, I am not convinced it will ever be considered a collectable. I've said it here before, there is big difference between a rare car and a desired car. Not sure how many will desire our car down the road as much as people desire Roadrunners, GTO's and Cobras. Just because a car is rare or rarely seen doesn't mean its valuable (four door Cutlass, Pacer, etc.)

Yep,

I think for the next few years there will be more parts available than demand. There are plenty of hoarders out there and less and less owners. Clearly at one point, sooner than later, it will shift and parts will start going even higher as cars disappear.

I remember about 25 years ago my friend started to restore his ‘69 Barracuda Formula S and just one side of the front grille in NOS was going for $3,000 to $5,000 that is a boat load of money today imagine back then 😱
    But now they reproduce them, so to many it has brought the price down, to some they will pay whatever the asking price is for an NOS part. I won't, but respect those that do. I actually think the MM parts will eventually be even more expensive as there just are not enough cars left for future demand for a company to produce reproduction parts. Used or NOS will be the only way to go - and prices will only go up.

Guess I will keep both my extra COTs for a while.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

[QUOTE=stevengerard;1566780]Boy this thread got derailed

Many of us (me included) bought our MMs brand new, you can't assume everyone bought the car hoping or knowing it would be a "collectable" and that we should "expect" to pay a premium for parts. I'm not saying supply and demand shouldn't count but I get just as miffed with people thinking because I own a rare car I must be a millionaire. Maybe, just maybe I bought the car a long time ago and was fortunate enough to see the value increase. Even though I plan on keeping my car forever, I am not convinced it will ever be considered a collectable. I've said it here before, there is big difference between a rare car and a desired car. Not sure how many will desire our car down the road as much as people desire Roadrunners, GTO's and Cobras. Just because a car is rare or rarely seen doesn't mean its valuable (four door Cutlass, Pacer, etc.)

I say the fact that the marauder it is as popular as it is 14 15 years later is proof its a special car. and people are willing to pay money and they still are paying big bucks. Compared to the Crown Vics Grand Marquis and Lincoln so yes the Marauders definitely special if you don't see that then you're blind. Millionaires million-dollar cars no! Everywhere I go in my Marauder people will come up and talk to me and when they say how it runs how fast is there amazed and impressed. the Mercury Marauder is definitely a standout special one-of-a-kind car. and it has a pretty big fan base old and young alike. Just a little FYI if the car wasn't special people wouldn't be shelling out $8 to 9k for stock ones. The car has received more exposure and more advertising now than it did when it was released. I had a guy in a Hellcat pull up to me the other day and was "impressed" he had never even heard of them! He said in the future he would definitely be in the market for one. And one day these rare parts will be worth a whole lot more money for people who buy them and want to restore them. so everybody else who has rare Parts hold on to them. who cares if everybody else wants to drive the value of the car down.
    lastly the reason why the price for these hard and rare parts are high is too many people are trying to make clones out of Crown Vics and Grand Marquis and one day People Like Us who own the real Marauder might need a replacement part and they will be in the junkyard crushed on Crown Vics and marquis!!! Okay I said everything I need to say. Lol. time to take Marauderstine for a drive.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information