Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Targa Newfoundland.

Targa Newfoundland.

First off, I see an awful lot of people on here who modify their cars to handle better, brake better, and add power to their engines, yet this road racing section hasn't had a single entry in over a year! Wow... Anyway, I've heard about this race (Targa Newfoundland) a few years back, but never thought it was possible to go or compete in.

http://targanfld.com/

I have been heavily involved in raising my kids, and driving my 4x4 truck off road for a long time, and have also had to go away for 3 combat deployments overseas. Now retired, this Marauder I got 2 months ago is the first fast car I've had in 20 years. Now I find myself dreaming of this race again. My family comes from Newfoundland, and I can tell you it is an amazingly beautiful place to visit, with probably the friendliest people you will ever meet. No stretching the truth, this is a wonderful place. I'll have a vacation home there once I hit the lotto. Having checked out their website, I find they even have a class that is a one day event, so you don't have to race every single stage to get the experience. You car need not be a fully prepped race car. I am going to build my car as funds allow, and have a goal of going to Targa Newfoundland in 2017. I haven't been back since my honeymoon, so a visit long overdue anyhow.
    2003 Marauder... the gentleman's hot rod.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

There is a member/owner on Prince Edward Island Nove Scotia, but has not been on lately.. member: mercules
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Nice to know of our Canadian brothers having cool cars. I'm really at a loss of the lack of activity in this road race section of the forum. You know, with all the talk of sway bar this, and control arm that, big brakes...

Prolly cause it is in the middle of nowhere . Marauders are not really road race cars.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

They may not be road race cars but they sure are fun to road race!!! I got the experience along with many others at Gingerman road course in Michigan at Marauderville. We had 15 minutes of unhindered racing. Only about ten cars on the track at one time. That is the most fun I have ever had in a car. We also got to run fast laps at another road course at another Marauderville I just do not remember which one it was at the moment.
    2004 DTR Marauder, #423 of 9806
    2004 SB Marauder, SOLD
    2003 Black Marauder, #3029 of 7093
    2003 Black Supercharged Marauder, #1940 of 7093
    2003 DBP Marauder, #225 of 328, SOLD
    2007 Black Shelby GT Terlingua
    2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT 5.0
    2018 Platinum White King Ranch F150 FX4

I know they are. I meant it as most road race people are not thinking Marauder when they look for a car so it might explain why you don't see them on the road race circuit,. especially in a road race two ferry boats away from Nova Scotia

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Give me a couple years to build and save and there will be a Marauder I Newfoundland.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Stupid taptalk. In Newfoundland.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Castine, Maine & Brooklyn, NY & Walton, NY
    I agree that the Marauder is a hot rod. I like to push the almost bone stock 2004 Marauder I own to the limit of a 4200 lb car. I have always had the idea that a high performance car must accelerate fast, stop within a short distance and handle extremely well or it really isn't a street legal car. Safety is the most important topic when it comes to cars. The Marauder does satisfy all stated above plus hauls my family around on long trips. I would love to get together with a group of Marauder owners or just about any group willing to race other then drag racing. I live in Brooklyn, NY but also have access to a road race style track in Davenport, NY. Any suggestions and more people showing an interest would get me going. My son also owns an 04 Marauder and would love to race.

Talking

Lord Thunderin Jesus boy ,Your family came from the Rock , Who's boy are you
    You still planning to do Targa 2017 .

Always wanted to check out Targa

Newfoundland and Nova Scotia are like going back in time , Strangers invite you to stay at their place and feed you. They would give you the shirt off their back . I miss down home
    SOLD MY MARAUDER .

Probably be 2018 the way thing are going financially. Plus I just made a deal with my daughter to take her to Texas after she graduates in the spring. I'm setting a goal to get back there one day, but that goal may not have an exact time frame. Haven't been to Newfoundland since I took my bride there for our honeymoon 20+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphonzus View Post
    They may not be road race cars but they sure are fun to road race!!! I got the experience along with many others at Gingerman road course in Michigan at Marauderville. We had 15 minutes of unhindered racing. Only about ten cars on the track at one time. That is the most fun I have ever had in a car. We also got to run fast laps at another road course at another Marauderville I just do not remember which one it was at the moment.
    I might be bumping an old thread but.. Gingerman is an awesome track! Virtually nothing to hit if you fly off the track. I track my 240 there every other year or so and would LOVE to try a a Marauder out there...

2004 Marauder
    2008 P71 Street Appearance Package
    1995 240SX SE
    2009 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

Quote Originally Posted by Revue View Post
    I might be bumping an old thread but.. Gingerman is an awesome track! Virtually nothing to hit if you fly off the track. I track my 240 there every other year or so and would LOVE to try a a Marauder out there...

Gingerman was part of the activities at Marauderville X (MV10) in South Haven, Michigan back in September 2012.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    Gingerman was part of the activities at Marauderville X (MV10) in South Haven, Michigan back in September 2012.

That is awesome, wonder if something like that would be in the works again. I'd be there for sure, and I do love camping there too.

2004 Marauder
    2008 P71 Street Appearance Package
    1995 240SX SE
    2009 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

Quote Originally Posted by Revue View Post
    That is awesome, wonder if something like that would be in the works again. I'd be there for sure, and I do love camping there too.

I can't remember another Road Race course at a Marauderville unless it was part of the Itinerary during MV6 in St. Louis, MO.

Marauders have been on the big high speed NASCAR ovals at Indianapolis, IN (MV2 and MV7), Charlotte Motor Speedway (MV8), and Atlanta Motor Speedway (MV11). The lucky 13 were able to do a feature race at the New Smyrna track during MV4 in Orlando, FL. Several members ran on New Hampshire Motor Speedway as part of a regional event a couple years ago. As I recall, one year it was set up as a road course that used part of the oval and part of the infield.

Watch these forums to see what develops as far as MV15 this year.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information