Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EGR Valve Block-off Plate

EGR Valve Block-off Plate

i was looking for an EGR Block off Plate kit, for a MM,s. If u can give me the brand an Part Number , Thanks..

I was not sure one EGR Block of Plate kit for 4.6 4 valve for Mach 1 or Cobra would work on MM. Intakes !?!?

JC Customs CNC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryguy View Post
    i was looking for an EGR Block off Plate kit, for a MM,s. If u can give me the brand an Part Number , Thanks..

I was not sure one EGR Block of Plate kit for 4.6 4 valve for Mach 1 or Cobra would work on MM. Intakes !?!?
    The Cobra/Mach one plate fits fine, I have the Jegs plate on my Marauder.

Why delete the EGR system??
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    Why delete the EGR system??
    Cause it’s ugly
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

But it does good things......when working right!!
    No Marauder

thanks for the info Guys!! i went an just bought Jeg,s EGR. block of plate for 4.6 4 Valve engines...

I blocked it off and I wished I didn't, keep everything connected and turn it off with a tune.

Ok I’m curious why you blocked off the egr and regret it now? I’m just trying to understand why some builds delete it and others keep it.

I turned mine off in the tune, and deleted it.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

When working properly the EGR system cools combustion temperatures and aids in complete combustion at part throttle!!

Above 3/4 throttle (low intake vacuum) it is turned OFF and has no effect on performance!!

When not functioning properly it can cause drivability problems!!
    No Marauder

All true... Introducing NOX into the combustion chamber does have benefits for cooling the combustion chamber.
    It also dumps a lot of soot and fuel deposits into the intake track. If your running a centri or turbo no big deal but if your running a PD I can see the need to delete it.

I deleted mine since the Trilogy

EGR Valve Block-off Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Shinker View Post
    Ok I’m curious why you blocked off the egr and regret it now? I’m just trying to understand why some builds delete it and others keep it.

I deleted mine simply to clean up the engine bay plus it was pretty much the last emission part left besides cats.

I don’t care for the stink from breathers however. I ended up adding a breather tank that I drain out maybe twice a year. Mounting down low on the frame certainly helped with the stink but it didn’t rid all of it.

I may go back to the EGR someday. I’ll just re route it somehow so it’s out of sight.

I made my own block off plate/fuel regulator holder out of aluminum L channel cut and polished to fit.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

deleted mine and noticed a significant decrease in fuel economy along with smells much worse... I will be adding EGR back when I can. thats my 2 pennies

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

Quote Originally Posted by Chayton View Post
    deleted mine and noticed a significant decrease in fuel economy along with smells much worse... I will be adding EGR back when I can. thats my 2 pennies

I get more smiles per gallon, and never noticed a smell change. Only difference is the car doesn't rev crazy on cold start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information