Thread: Rebuild Engine?

Smile Rebuild Engine?

so I am at vo tech school now and my next class is engine rebuilding. So I would like to redo my marauder engine (hey I have an excuse now) I will have access to all needed tools etc.. I was thinking of getting a pre done stroker block and filling it up with all forged internals. I have a trilogy now with stock size pulley but would like to go a bit smaller when done. I plan to do the cooling mod for the back of the heads as well ( who has a good kit to do this THAT will work with the trilogy setup I dont mind doing a bit of metal removal if needed). Any good company's that make a stroker kit? Any and all advice is welcome. Looking at spending about 3 to 5 thousand if needed.

PM sent
    -------------

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

Check MMR complete stroker assembly supporting a range of 600-2500HP.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
    FRPP BOSS50 Block w/MMR 900S Stroker 5.3L DOHC 324ci 10:1cr - (321rwhp/360.5rwtq) - Tuned by AED

2006 Ford Mustang GT
    FRPP FR3 Handling Pack|FRPP X Pipe w/GTA Exhaust|Steeda CAI|Hurst Shifter
    (289rwhp/307rwtq)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LQ4 6.0L LT 4WD
    Cognito leveling Kit, Fox 2.0, BFG KOA2 Radial All Terrains, Magnaflow, K&N and 4.10 gears

Well was doing some online reading and research and I think I am not going to go stroker but stay at 4.6 liters unless their is a good reason for the higher costs it seems like you can make the same power either way but that strokers dont like high rpms. Now I am looking at forged rebuild kits. I have heard some people using the aluminator items from ford getting the 10.1 compression engine and using a trilogy and some have used 8.51 compression ratio model for their trilogy setup. would it be best to get a kit with our stock compression of if I remember right is about 10.1 or should I go lower with the new pistons? Also our crank is a 6 bolt and already forged correct. I still welcome all info anyone can give me and THANKS to those who sent me a PM. Yes I will be replacing the pistons and conn rods as well with forged items. I am at about 440 hp now but want to get over the 500 number when done!

I don't believe we have a forged crank, it's cast? .
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhueys View Post
    Well was doing some online reading and research and I think I am not going to go stroker but stay at 4.6 liters unless their is a good reason for the higher costs it seems like you can make the same power either way but that strokers dont like high rpms. Now I am looking at forged rebuild kits. I have heard some people using the aluminator items from ford getting the 10.1 compression engine and using a trilogy and some have used 8.51 compression ratio model for their trilogy setup. would it be best to get a kit with our stock compression of if I remember right is about 10.1 or should I go lower with the new pistons? Also our crank is a 6 bolt and already forged correct. I still welcome all info anyone can give me and THANKS to those who sent me a PM. Yes I will be replacing the pistons and conn rods as well with forged items. I am at about 440 hp now but want to get over the 500 number when done!
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Two great options for the cooling mod.

http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57209

http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58895

Sent from my iPhone
    Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhueys View Post
    Well was doing some online reading and research and I think I am not going to go stroker but stay at 4.6 liters unless their is a good reason for the higher costs it seems like you can make the same power either way but that strokers dont like high rpms.
    A stroker is a great option for a heavy ass marauder; absolutely no negatives. Go with 9.5:1 compression and at least a set of 96-01 cobra intake cams and you'll pick up about 60rwhp over the stock engine at the same boost level.

thank you now ya got me thinking again

Thread Information