Thread: Stalled!?

Stalled!?

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday. I was almost home from work (driving about 1/2 hour) and I go up this little side street where this guy in a Lincoln (black, chrome wheels, nice huh?) is double parked. I squeeze by him and when I'm almost through, I give the throttle a brief little stomp so my tail pipes can voice my displeasure. When I let up, it STALLED! It's never done this before and I couldn't get it to do it again. This ever happen to anyone else? My MM is currently stock with the exception of a K&N (new). I have 18K and run 93 octane all the time.

Previous owner of...

BLACK '03 300A "Bagheera"
    Ford Racing 4:10's
    Denso Iridium plugs
    JLT Cold Air Intake
    Valentine One Radar Locator w/ remote
    Gods Head Steering wheel badge
    Sylvania Silverstars
    Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by Go Mifuni
    The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday. I was almost home from work (driving about 1/2 hour) and I go up this little side street where this guy in a Lincoln (black, chrome wheels, nice huh?) is double parked. I squeeze by him and when I'm almost through, I give the throttle a brief little stomp so my tail pipes can voice my displeasure. When I let up, it STALLED! It's never done this before and I couldn't get it to do it again. This ever happen to anyone else? My MM is currently stock with the exception of a K&N (new). I have 18K and run 93 octane all the time.
    How much fuel was in the tank? Were you below 1/4?
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

mtnh Guest
    Mine does this, too. When you are attempting to enter traffic from a parking lot, when you get that chance to go, hit the gas and nothing happens as the dash lights up, telling you that the engine stalled. Lidio posted a procedure to readjust the voltage at the throttle position sensor, which should alleviate this problem, someplace under a stalling topic.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mtnh
    Mine does this, too. When you are attempting to enter traffic from a parking lot, when you get that chance to go, hit the gas and nothing happens as the dash lights up, telling you that the engine stalled. Lidio posted a procedure to readjust the voltage at the throttle position sensor, which should alleviate this problem, someplace under a stalling topic.

Mike
    MAD-3R, I had 3/4 of A tank.

Thanks Mike, I'll see if I can find it.

Previous owner of...

BLACK '03 300A "Bagheera"
    Ford Racing 4:10's
    Denso Iridium plugs
    JLT Cold Air Intake
    Valentine One Radar Locator w/ remote
    Gods Head Steering wheel badge
    Sylvania Silverstars
    Hitch