Thread: Correct COP part # from Motorcraft?

Question Correct COP part # from Motorcraft?

So this week I ordered a set of OEM Motorcraft COPs from a Ford dealer on ebay. I got the package in today and opened everything up to make sure it was all there. Sure enough, all 8 COPs within Ford/Motorcraft packaging with all the correct part numbers (4L7Z-12029-AB) that I ordered listed on the front of said packaging.

However, when I looked closer, I noticed a different part number stamped onto the top of the physical COPs. It was 4L7E-12A366-AB. Mind you, it was not a sticker, but rather stamped onto the top, which some have indicated as being the real deal.

What freakin gives? Mildly frustrating and worrying. I read a thread from Sparta Performance where Tommy explained that he encountered a similar issue when he ordered the FRPP COPs (what I bought from the Ford dealer) and saw the "Made in China" printed on the packing, as did I, and thought he had fakes. He then stated that his FRPP rep assured him they were the real deal and they are made in China and then stated that the black top COPs with the printed part number are the real deal, but the pink top ones with the sticker are bogus.

I did a search with the alternate part number and came to find that this part number is analogous and related with the 4L7Z-12029-AB part number I see on the front of the packaging.

Anyone else experience this or have advice to give? I'm calling the Ford tomorrow to check on this, but wanted to see if I could get some info before then. I just want to make sure that I'm getting the right part. Hopefully these part numbers are the same part and internals, different numbers.
    2003 Black 300A
    Adopted: 4/26/14

Mods:
    Mo's Tune - K&N CAI - 4.10 FOMOCO gears - Reische 170* T-stat - NGK TR6 Plugs - Flowmaster 40s - MuscleMerc's 3" Fuel Filter Mod - Addco Front and Rear Sway Bars - TCE SS Brake Lines - Cooper RS3-G1 - Factory Spoiler - SS Bumper Inserts

Quote Originally Posted by HotRaud90 View Post
    So this week I ordered a set of OEM Motorcraft COPs from a Ford dealer on ebay. I got the package in today and opened everything up to make sure it was all there. Sure enough, all 8 COPs within Ford/Motorcraft packaging with all the correct part numbers (4L7Z-12029-AB) that I ordered listed on the front of said packaging.

However, when I looked closer, I noticed a different part number stamped onto the top of the physical COPs. It was 4L7E-12A366-AB. Mind you, it was not a sticker, but rather stamped onto the top, which some have indicated as being the real deal.

What freakin gives? Mildly frustrating and worrying. I read a thread from Sparta Performance where Tommy explained that he encountered a similar issue when he ordered the FRPP COPs (what I bought from the Ford dealer) and saw the "Made in China" printed on the packing, as did I, and thought he had fakes. He then stated that his FRPP rep assured him they were the real deal and they are made in China and then stated that the black top COPs with the printed part number are the real deal, but the pink top ones with the sticker are bogus.

I did a search with the alternate part number and came to find that this part number is analogous and related with the 4L7Z-12029-AB part number I see on the front of the packaging.

Anyone else experience this or have advice to give? I'm calling the Ford tomorrow to check on this, but wanted to see if I could get some info before then. I just want to make sure that I'm getting the right part. Hopefully these part numbers are the same part and internals, different numbers.
    The number stamped on the COPs might be an engineering number. I'd use them.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

+1 on engineering part number

They are the correct coils.

Some FRPP parts are OEM parts in a fancier box for (typically) less than the dealer, however many FRPP parts are completely aftermarket, again in a fancy "Ford Racing" box, but the product has no connection with OEM. Buyer beware I suppose. When it comes to FRPP products I typically look for the description to say "same part as 2003-2004 Cobra" or whatever year/car the part is for, which will generally indicate it is an OEM part, but not always.
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

Interesting. These parts are indeed the same part number used in 4V GT500 applications and they are used in other 4V applications as well, including the Marauder. I'm not worried about compatibility as much as I am authenticity. But, I will trust those who know more about it than me.

Spoke to the parts guy from the Ford dealership I bought them from and he cross reference the secondary part number with the primary part number and got a match. Weird. Definitely smelled fishy to me, but I guess I'll trust it. Thanks for the input.
    2003 Black 300A

Mods:
    Mo's Tune - K&N CAI - 4.10 FOMOCO gears - Reische 170* T-stat - NGK TR6 Plugs - Flowmaster 40s - MuscleMerc's 3" Fuel Filter Mod - Addco Front and Rear Sway Bars - TCE SS Brake Lines - Cooper RS3-G1 - Factory Spoiler - SS Bumper Inserts

Part number can get revised over time.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Mind telling what you paid?
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Here is THE deal on all 8 new OEM coils

https://id144237.webhosting.optonlin...roducts_id=356
    FRPP dealer owner of SpartaPerformance.com
    We are an authorized independent AMSOIL dealer.

Paid $210.00 shipped. Called Ford parts rep this morning and he confirmed the parts for me. They are from FRPP and were the black top authentic parts from Ford.
    2003 Black 300A

Mods:

Thread Information