Thread: Feb. is looking GOOD

Feb. is looking GOOD

just got linda's car registered for the lscc slot at the autorama on the 17th, so we will have three cougars and three marauders; a nice representation of classics in a rainbow of colors and it is always a nice show. plus we will be taking both marauders to college station for a weekend of work/pleasure. going down on friday, Linda is registered for the Texas Veterinary Medical Association conference at A&M, so we will be in and out of that for three days and also will be at Texas World Speedway saturday for the driving school and i will go back to the track sunday while Linda is in lab and do some open session track time to check out the suspension upgrades on my car. since i can't seem to drive a quarter mile in a straight line i might as well get on a track with some curves in it lol
    goin fast is fun
    goin faster is funner
    goin fastest is funnest

Thumbs down A Big Thank You

A big THANK YOU to Steve and Linda, Johnman ( John) and Redster (Rod) for volunteering their Marauders for display at Autorama in Dallas Feb. 17-18-19th
    a Dennis Reinhardt Black , a Blue and a Red Marauder will surely draw some attention--there will be a red,2 maroon and one blue Cougar--all great looking cars. If you want to help set-up the display and get a prevue look at the other display cars, show up from early afternoon til about 6 PM . Hope to see you there. Maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    Born 11/12/02 Adopted 3/29/03
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

Linda & Steve

You guys are all making me jealous. I'm stuck up north with buying winter tires & wheels because the Texas tires only slide around up here! Congrats to all on the Show. See you sometime.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Dennis Reinhardt is going to have a car there? That's cool, I hope he'll be there as well. I'm considering a supercharger...
    '03 MM 300B (sold)
    Dark Blue Pearl
    # 680612
    Rear Spoiler
    6-disc changer
    Heated seats
    DOB 2/7/03
    Purchased 6/3/03

2013 Chevrolet ZL1 Convertible

Cool

How pretty do the cars have to be? There's a couple very interesting SHOs here in the DFW area, one is very custom build for road courses we call it the FreakSHO, and then there's TexanTony's Superchargerd SHO. FreakSHO in clean and pretty but Tony's needs a paint job, but he's runnin almost 19lbs of boost and it's pretty under the hood. RVT04 you'll be chasing FreakSHO all day long at TWS.
    Last edited by blue92; 01-21-2006 at 06:18 PM.
    Donald French
    no.1fordbastard
    http://www.fordbastards.org

blue92 SHO, white92 SHO
    [
    even tho you guys won't admit it your a bunch of fordbastards too.

Oh, I get it it now. Dennis did Steve and Linda's car. DUHHH..I'm a little slow sometimes...
    '03 MM 300B (sold)
    Dark Blue Pearl
    # 680612
    Rear Spoiler
    6-disc changer
    Heated seats
    DOB 2/7/03
    Purchased 6/3/03

FYI, last year when I had my car there I learned something. The dust
    in that building is terrible! The "old hands" all covered their cars at night.
    I didn't and by the end of the show my black MM was filthy.
    Ex Marauder owner,
    May 5th, 2003, March Bought new
    February 2007, Installed Trilogy,
    March 30th, 2011, sold to a great home.

Great car, great people, great times, wonderful memories.

Should be a great weekend. For those interested, on Saturday night (2/18/06) after the car show you can see Kinky Friedman, Jimmie Dale Gilmore and Billy Joe Shaver at Poor David's Pub in Dallas.
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Quote Originally Posted by rumble
    FYI, last year when I had my car there I learned something. The dust
    in that building is terrible! The "old hands" all covered their cars at night.
    I didn't and by the end of the show my black MM was filthy.
    thanks for the heads up, i don't mind the outside getting dusty i can always hose it off but man when you detail out the interior and wipe down the leather and then leave the windows down it's like a huge dust magnet so linda's car will definitely have the windows up for that show.
    goin fast is fun
    goin faster is funner
    goin fastest is funnest

If anyones interested Meguiars (wax) will be in town for the show and is doing a detailing clinic on the 18th. Its filled up as of now but there is a waiting list and Mike is talking about trying to make the class bigger.
    info is at www.meguiarsonline.com you may need to search a while to find the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex
    Should be a great weekend. For those interested, on Saturday night (2/18/06) after the car show you can see Kinky Friedman, Jimmie Dale Gilmore and Billy Joe Shaver at Poor David's Pub in Dallas.
    I love Jimmie Dale Gilmore, and I would like to check out PDP's new location, but I'm not sure I can make it.
    '03 MM 300B (sold)
    Dark Blue Pearl
    # 680612
    Rear Spoiler
    6-disc changer
    Heated seats
    DOB 2/7/03
    Purchased 6/3/03

Where?

Sorry for not paying attention as much as I perhaps should, but where is the Autorama mentioned being held? I would like to visit.
    Don't know where I am, don't know where I'm going, but I'm making good time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fdigirolomo
    Sorry for not paying attention as much as I perhaps should, but where is the Autorama mentioned being held? I would like to visit.
    Check the Lone Star Cougar Club site www.mercurycougars.com for the info--click on "Activities Calendar". We will be there Thursday--the 16th for set-up between 2-7 PM--join us if you can, Maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    Born 11/12/02 Adopted 3/29/03
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

Thread Information