Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ADTR stage 1 supercharger kit?

Just put the kit on and go from there. Its not enough to hurt anything on a stock engine as long as your tune is good and you run the proper octane gas. Just make sure you turn the overdrive off when driving the car hard and your transmission will be fine as well.
    As will adding another 100hp, its more stress on more components so keep up on your fluids and maintenance to keep it lasting for a long time.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    If you want to go fast get out your wallet. If you want to slow down get out your wallet. Are you catching on? Get out your wallet. Nothing is guaranteed in this life. Mod, or not to mod, that is the reality. It can live for 100K miles and countless beatings, or blow up the next day. Have fun!
    Or, as I call it, BOAT......... Break Out Another Thousand. In some instances, it's ten's of thousands.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Well I was driving today and the rear felt like i was riding in a lowered civic.. car has airbags but it isn't sitting low, I'm not sure if that would be the issue. When I bounce the car pushing on the trunk I can hear a knocking noise that wasn't there before and it won't go down much at all pushing on it.. For a few weeks now when I hit the brakes hard enough I feel the rear lifting a bit, let off the breaks quick and I was hearing a bang. Planned on doing some work soon anyway. Haven't lifted it and looked yet either. Any suggestions ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

The push bar has to go..sorry it isn't a cvpi. Check shocks, control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, watts link
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Protecting a $1500 bumper cover replacememt

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    The push bar has to go..sorry it isn't a cvpi. Check shocks, control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, watts link
    Gotta admit i was thinking the same , why would anyone do that
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN View Post

Got me? Hell, I'd rather drive around bumper less waiting to find one than protect it with that..

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeberg View Post
    Protecting a $1500 bumper cover replacememt
    You need to put one on the rear too...........
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Front bumpers are obsolete..they make aftermarket ones that can fit fine with the right bodyshop.. for $600.Are you planning on hitting something? The rear cover is the valuable one, and now you've put holes on the cover to mount the bar, is a spotlight next?,,sorry, you're not going to find supporters of that push bar here
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I love the push bar....... Let's install some lights and drill some antenna holes too.....to finish the "look".

In the event of a collision, that aluminum bar won't protect anything, it's called a push bumper for a reason, it's not meant to protect the body.

As far as the problems in the rear, it has already been posted, check all components for wear.

Sent from my iPhone while doing a big ole' smokey burnout in my wife's Prius.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I love the push bar....... Let's install some lights and drill some antenna holes too.....to finish the "look".

In the event of a collision, that aluminum bar won't protect anything, it's called a push bumper for a reason, it's not meant to protect the body.

As far as the problems in the rear, it has already been posted, check all components for wear.

Sent from my iPhone while doing a big ole' smokey burnout in my wife's Prius.
    Funny but no, not going for lights antennas or "the look". I just wanted a *steel* push bumper. Definitely not the first marauder iv seen (one in person, a few on THIS SITE) with a push bumper and probably wont be the last. And with a mach 1 chin spoiler I think it'll look good. At this point I know you guys don't agree lol.

And you're right it is a "push" bumper. Not for hard impacts. And after the first install I realized it wasn't as strong as expected, but the weakness was the cars steel bumper that was attached with quick nut clips. It was as if I could twist the steel bumper pulling on the push bumper that attaches to it. The push bumper is as solid as can be. Removed reinforced and reattached the steel bumper with bolts twice the size. It couldn't be any stronger than it is. No flex no bend. And unfortunately it has already came to use when a 1500 truck backed into me.. I would have been absolutely screwed. You should see the marks on the rubber covers on the push bar. It might not be up for a 55 mph impact but that's a given.

So...... while I'm aware I might not find fans of it on this page.. I don't care a bit. To each is own. My car is flawless other than hazed headlights and the few issues i have brought up. I asked about a vortech and some rear end issues I haven't had time to look at yet. Open to all opinions though and I do appreciate most of the input so far

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN View Post
    It's missing a Dixie horn and Rebel Flag on the roof. YEEEEEEEEE Haaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

I paid and ordered a ADTR Stage 2 kit. And paid extra to get all the pipe HTS ceramic coated. And all the other backets. Powder coated semi Gloss black. And paid extra to get the intercooler coated black in the middle. So it is taking me a while longer to get It. I went with a Stage 2. Because it comes with 2 fuel pumps a blow off valve. And I know I will do the bottom end next spring of summer. I already put Kooks headers X-pipe with high flow cats and Borla Pro-XS mufflers. A Accufab twin blade Throttle body from a 04 Mach 1 stang. And I got a JLT Cold air kit. That I will be selling soon. And I have a Marty 93 octane tune in my car. Along with CHE PREFORMANCE upper and lower control arms. And there watts link arms. Front and rear Addco sway bars. I got a 3200 stall converter and a TCI bigger oil pan for the trans. Also put a 8.8 rearend cover with Royal Purple fluids. I can wait to get my kit and get it dyno tuned. I will keep it at 450 460 HP. Until I get the Boss 323 cubes short block. Do my rear end and trans. And then I will smoke there Mopars Like nothing. My car is very low mileage. So I did mind paying all that money. But Chris is on he'll of a cool Gentlemen. That takes care of all his customers. I ALSO Paid for a polished V-3 Vortech Supercharger.
    Last edited by Red Rum; 05-02-2017 at 06:43 AM.

Years later and still no boost👎 and no push bar either. After I damaged the factory cover, the push bar was installed thru an aftermarket pos cover that ended up with all the air vents closing up over time... cheap bumper. After finding a used OEM cover I did away with the push bar. However there is nothing like driving on I95 in south Florida in a panther with a push bar...

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    I don't know anything about the kit, but Chris has a good reputation on CVN, so I'd bet it will be well-engineered.
    Very true - Chris takes the time to e-mail or call you back reach out to get some more info . Good luck and good luck .
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK
    Build date: 6/6/2002
    Adopted: 2/05/2013

MODS:

Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT
    Adopted on12/09/18 from chief455

COMING SOON-Trilogy #005 THANKS CWright-
    I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping Giant

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=14156

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information