Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saved a Marauder

Saved a Marauder

Ok let me start off by saying i know i misspelled my display name i was just in a rush on my phone while doing the re register as i was denied access the first time for some ip address issues..cleared now..already contacted the website if they could make the change..on another note on 8/28/13 i saved a SB 03 marauder she is a theft recovery salvage title, i know sad but she is in good hands now. the front clip, rear bumper and trunk were stolen and replaced with crown vic parts. i had been looking for a nice daily driver for work as i"ve been car pulling because my other cars have become projects, everyone here knows how that goes. i was trying to save up to get my dream truck an 03-04 Lightning but stumbled across this marauder and it caught my attention, i swore to my wife that id only buy rare/numbered cars from now on to KEEP, others will be to resell or part out. the marauder fell under that category so i tried my best to see the car as i work odd hours, the guy also worked odd hrs so it was 2days after i saw the ad that i had a chance to see it, it was at a transmission shop so i thought the worst but kept on seeing the car. the problem mechanic told me was that at 55-60mph the car would just not advance and the traction control would turn on, they replaced the trans 2x and same persisted, later mentioned a shift kit was installed so thought to myself the might have been done wrong..long story short i didnt get to drive it as i had to go to work. 2days after he text me he was gonna show the car the following day, asked if others were interested also he said yes about 8 other people i suddenly found myself giving up and loosing hope but kept on with my hopes down, luckily my wife had day off also so we went to test drive her, seemed good besides the trans problem, asked em where the others were, they wont make it till after noon. i thought it was gonna be an auction type of thing but guy told me to make an offer, both of us being ford fans i won his heart and he took 4,700.00 w/ title transfer

on way to get all the paper work done car acted up but im not worried as i have the built 4r70w out of my other car that i can use meanwhile

overall im happy and loving it, had told the wife it was gonna be hers when she finishes paying her 09 fusion and selling it as i only want rare-ish cars..giving her the marauder would allow me to still get my gen2 lightning later but the more i read and drive the marauder makes me want to keep for ME.

ill catch on quick guys as i know the modular motors quite a bit
    OTHER : 94 black lighting 393 stroker afr225s 3.5kstall bolt ons
    CARS/ 96 mystic cobra vortech v1 waiting for install tubular front bolt ons
    PROJECTS 99 mustang gt 5.0 teksid trickflows heads built rear n 4r70w/stall suspension kenne bell 2.1

so yeah i needed a daily but now i see it going in the garage for mods as soon as i get one of the above rolling

Sorry for long story, just excited!..already bought rear bumper and tailight n emblem..put an extra sct livewire i had on her and no more traction control problems, did oil change, radiator flush, added a windshield wiper resevoir as it was missing..has a drop in K&N filter everything else stock..for now..132k miles

i do have an 8k mile aluminator shortblock sitting around that i was thinking of swapping internals to the cobra but the marauder may get it n ill keep a teksid in cobra..decisions, decisions..i did trade a new 03-04 cobra rear bumper for a 21k mile 4r70w n cash incase the problem persist ill do a new shift kit on it before install

houston, tx

they corrected my display name..thanks

You do have the larger tires on the rear, right? Otherwise, with an MM equipped with Traction control, you will experience this tiype of situation. The rear tires must be 3% taller than the front.

255/45 all around..what tires would you recommend as i notice a slight rub on the front with wheel turned all the way..suspension feels a bit sloppy so im going to do all ball joints infront and been reading on sway bars and controls arms but everyone has diff opinions..on turns the car feels heavy and as if power steering is going out but no weird noises..going to need brake rotors been looking to see who offers a nice set of cross drilled n slotted for the marauders as i dont need wilwoods or baers yet

Congrats on saving a Marauder, and double congrats for saving a SB!!!

The recommended sizes are 235/50R18 in front and 245/55R18 on the rear....as mentioned above, having all same size will make the T/C go nutso. Since you've got 245/55s all around, you essentially have two sets of rears...lucky guy!

I will need to get new rears soon myself, and am considering going with something a little different than the recommended sizes, but need to stay within 3% as I have T/C.

Welcome to the madness!
    In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

The best friend a person could have

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

well they're 245/45s so the sidewall is too thin no wonder the car was going haywire at given speeds, poor guy payed all that money to swap transmissions for nothing, well now i have a spare trans..is it safe to take her to the track as is with the tuner shutting the t/c off? if i'm going to change the tires out i might aswell burn them out..oh and i did print out the pdf tire file thanks guys!..haven,t had such an electrical based car since my 98 lsc mark which i miss but had to sell, wife didnt want too many cars at the time but now has no choice as im making enough money to support my habits and bills
    Last edited by FuriousFords; 09-02-2013 at 06:47 PM.

As long as the T/C is off, you should be fine...as for taking it to the track...I'd make sure everything else is on the up-and-up (engine, trans, etc) first....JMHO.

Funny that the mechanic you bought it from (who, according to you, was a 'Ford' guy) couldn't figure out why the trans was acting up....I get asked at least once a month why I put different sized tires (or rims) on my car....
    In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

The best friend a person could have

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

he wasn't a mechanic, he had it at a shop. by ford guy i meant he likes them he didn't give off the vibe that he works on them himself, the motor sounds/pulls fine, trans feels fine other than the up n down shifts while traction was on, rear end has minor small leak from cover but not to the point where it drips just stained, only thing i feel unsafe is the front ball joints and rotors may be warped a bit but id take it to the 1/8 mile so not going to be that fast to where i cant slow it down..i hope

ill be ordering the JLT pcv pre filter, oil separator and im wondering if i should get their ram air intake or go for the k&n intake as i could easy make one like jlt but y hassle

Pics of the molested marauder

pics from the ad on clist

doing title work

things i bought the day after

decided to buy the other taillight to match until paint and to have original ford tails

then noticed a glare, cant see it in pic

damn people filled in the marauder letters on bumper i thought was a crown vics

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    I wonder if the filler can be removed?
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

i assume its possible, my brother said the bondo could be chipped away. good thing i noticed it this morning while being on the phone trying to find correct size tires, i was going to let the body shop throw the silver bumper away once i take it to get painted
    Last edited by FuriousFords; 09-03-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Save that rear bumper cover..With will and determination the filler can be removed..Rear covers are very hard to find..save it for a spare or sell it to a member here
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

i may just try and get the silver fixed up and get rid of the the one i bought

Who the F would do that???? Holy crap!
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

Quote Originally Posted by Curless View Post
    Who the F would do that???? Holy crap!
    uh, the same guy who would let a s/c for his ahhhhh.....mustang collect dust
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information