Back in May I was contacted on Instagram from a editor of Popular Mechanics magazine to do a story on my car. I thought he meant it was my Marauder so I gave him the entire run down of what I did and then a brief paragraph about my 87 Grand National. Well it turns out that the article is entitled "The New Vintage" and it spotlights cars from 1979-1990 and their younger drivers, (younger meaning that I was 10 years old when my car was built) so they were definitely interested in my 87 GN.
I gave them the story on the car and the editor went ahead and sent it for approval. About 2 hours later I was emailed back and asked when they can set up a interview with me about the car! The interview was about 20 minutes asking me the history of the car, why I own it, my plans and what I have done with the car. I also included that I still keep in touch with the previous owners because they had a very strong sentimental attachment to the car. They liked what they heard and sent a photographer to my place to do a photoshoot for the article.

They must have taken about 1000 pictures of all different angles, different backgrounds, pictures of myself and were especially excited when I offered to do a burnout. The photographer wasn't sure if I'd be up to it but I was happy to do it for the article.
We ended up going to a parking lot nearby to do the burnout which was close to a park with people having a BBQ and some parks department workers cleaning up the area. The photographer asked me how many times can we do it? I said lets try one and see what reaction we get, but make it count because we may not get a second chance!
They set up lights, a flash behind the car, several angles for the background and then had me pose when the burnout starts. I started the burnout and laid into hard, the smoke just pour out of the tires that the photographer said he only saw me for about 5 seconds and then I was completely covered in smoke. I ended the burnout and watched the entire cloud of smoke lift up off the car and fly right over into the BBQ area of the park! At that point some kids ran out and cheered, some people were staring and one lady from the parks department started yelling at us. So we only go once shot and it was a success! We ended up leaving the area and went over to a old tunnel and took some pictures there and I ended up doing another burnout in the tunnel which produced some amazing pictures as well.
When all was said and done, they must have taken nearly 1000 pictures, but only two were used in the actual magazine article.

Here's the link to the article
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...rand-national/

It was a awesome experience and I'm really proud of the article. The previous owners family was very happy with the mention of the past owner and to see how well I take care of the car as well.