Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sun roof replacement

Question sun roof replacement

OK, I've been in contact with the WEBASTO factory concerning my Marauders moon roof.

They need a part number to source the applicable model (they make hundreds of models). The tech told me where to look for the number but it's not there.

We took the glass out can see the damage. quite extensive. Broken, wrarped plastic and metal pieces. I probably need a new moon roof.

My question, has anyone replaced a moon roof and if so do you have the part number? Just telling the service tech it fits on a Marauder does not compute.

The closest dealer is a couple hundred miles away.

Any info on model number will be helpful.

Thanks,

Pat

I have a complete sunroof of a 2004 marauder for sale. I have all components. Best part of all I'm here in Texas. Won't have to go far to get it

Quote Originally Posted by LG88 View Post
    I have a complete sunroof of a 2004 marauder for sale. I have all components. Best part of all I'm here in Texas. Won't have to go far to get it
    Best deal right there! Assuming the wearables are still good. Being mostly plastic age has to figure in with use as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    OK, I've been in contact with the WEBASTO factory concerning my Marauders moon roof.

They need a part number to source the applicable model (they make hundreds of models). The tech told me where to look for the number but it's not there.

We took the glass out can see the damage. quite extensive. Broken, wrarped plastic and metal pieces. I probably need a new moon roof.

My question, has anyone replaced a moon roof and if so do you have the part number? Just telling the service tech it fits on a Marauder does not compute.

The closest dealer is a couple hundred miles away.

Any info on model number will be helpful.

Thanks,

Pat

I highly doubt the whole assembly is bad Pat. That is why the have kits to rebuild them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Smile parts availbility

That's the problem, sourcing the individual parts. I called Ford, the moonroof is the same for CV, GM and Marauder plus other model sedans in the panther platform. The P/N for the whole assembly is known but getting and illustrated parts break down is what I'm trying to do now. success, see post below.
    Last edited by Pat; 08-15-2017 at 10:11 AM.

I don't understand Pat. If Webasto wants a P/N and you have one from Ford why can't Webasto figure out what model you have and go from there? Sounds like someone at Webasto isn't interested in doing their job.

I have been working backwards (old age). It's a Ford part, go to Ford get the P/N for the moonroof, which I did, but it shows discontinued. The individal subassemblies on the other hand, are active numbers and available. the part is available on line, P/N F8VY-54502C06-AA, rail assembly roof. Cost $1,155.00 plus tax. Jason, my Honda mech says he can install it no problem. Google is your friend.

Thanks All for your help and suggestions.
    Last edited by Pat; 08-15-2017 at 10:10 AM.

the part is available on line, P/N F8VY-54502C06-AA, rail assembly roof. Cost $1,155.00 plus tax.
    Another reason I'm glad none of my cars have one.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

I have one, so far no issues (knock on wood) I love it.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

For some reason I NEVER WANTED A HOLE IN MY ROOF!!!
    No Marauder

The reason I bought mine was because of the sunroof. I saw MarauderTJA's and had to have one. 11 months later I got mine and use the sunroof everytime I have the car out.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

I have been working backwards (old age). It's a Ford part, go to Ford get the P/N for the moonroof, which I did, but it shows discontinued. The individal subassemblies on the other hand, are active numbers and available. the part is available on line, P/N F8VY-54502C06-AA, rail assembly roof. Cost $1,155.00 plus tax. Jason, my Honda mech says he can install it no problem. Google is your friend.

Thanks All for your help and suggestions.
    Pat, the model in mine is an ASC 840. If you want when I get home I'll send you the link to ASC website. Of course you could try ASC.com. Webasto changed to ASC. The same thing applies sunroof "discontinued". They do list dealers searching by zip code.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The oem roof was never ASC, Webasto did the original design for Ford, but both Webasto and ASC make an aftermarket roof assembly.

As far as Webasto not finding a part, while those roofs are similar, and may share some of the same parts, they are not the same.

The dealer won't have a breakdown as there are no serviceable parts inside, as the dealer is just a bunch of parts hangers, they just change stuff, not repair stuff.

A used assembly would probably be your best bet, but it will boil down to $$$$.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Anytime I have problems with my aftermarket Webasto moonroof I just take it striaght to the local moonroof dealer.
    300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Webasto Aftermarket Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints
    Fresh Black Paint & PVD Chrome

Stainless Works Headers & Full Cat Mandrel Exhaust System w/Magnaflow 11229 Mufflers, Martyo Tune & Coolant Mod, Steeda UDP, Stewart WP, JLT CAI & Catch Can, J-Mod, UHaul Pan, Rebuild 4R70W, Dynotech 4' 6061, Forced Lube Mod, 31 Ford Spline Axles, 31 Cobra Carrier w/CF Clutchs, Ford Racing 4.10, TA Girdle & Stud Kit, Carfixer Alignment & SPC Camber Bolts, Ridetech HQ Front Coilovers w/ADTR extended bracket & ADTR Rear HQ Shocks, Arnott P2936 A/C & A-2220 Bags, Gorilla Lock, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Tires, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link, Addco F/R Sway Bars, SS Brake Lines, AutoMeter Digital Oil & Volt Gauge, Full VLED Interior/Exterior, Alpine ILX-507, PKG-M780 Headrest Monitors, MRP-F300, R-S65C.2 & R-S68 Speakers, HCE-C1100 & KTX-C10LP Camera System, Viper DS4 & DSM550 GPS SmartStart System, Yellow Optima, BIG III & 200 Amps Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Chi Stallion View Post
    Anytime I have problems with my aftermarket Webasto moonroof I just take it striaght to the local moonroof dealer.

Unfortunately the OP's roof is OEM, and the dealer will want to replace the whole thing, probably 2k by the time they are done.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information