Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Bee SRT-8 tiny morsel

Thumbs up Super Bee SRT-8 tiny morsel

Some service guys, needed acess to the signs, in front of our building.
    They asked us, if we would move all the cars, parked in thier way.
    I instantly thought of an excuse, to hop in the 2007 Dodge Charger Super Bee SRT-8 and twirl it around the lot.
    I turned off stability control and laid into the right pedal, about half to two thirds the way.
    Got a real nice throaty growl and instant throwback into the awsome seats while the rear tires were already toasting .

I posted earlier, I thought the product propaganda, claimed low fourteen ET 1/4 mi.
    It says, Below Fourteen second 1/4 mi.
    It also has 3.06 axle ratio and Five speed Auto Stick.
    I can't wait to see, when Jerry gets a kit for these.
    Last edited by Bradley G; 11-23-2006 at 08:14 AM.
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

I heard those do a 13.2 stock and a 12.8 with decent rubber. Then again my source was a Dodge dealer.
    Last edited by Motorhead350; 11-20-2006 at 10:29 PM.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

I'd say ... I dont know?
    2004 Marauder - #354 of 1237 made in black
    10,800 Original miles
    Acquired 8-3-12

WantOneSoBad Guest
    Have you'll seen the commercials, a Charger R/T ( 340 HP) starts at $23,000. Pretty good deal for a brand new handsome car that has that kind of power under the hood and warrantied. I'm sure you can get a well equipped one for about 25kish, almost makes me want to second guess about getting my MM but then again I feel I'm obligated to get one now because of how long I've been on the board....

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Quote Originally Posted by WantOneSoBad View Post
    Have you'll seen the commercials, a Charger R/T ( 340 HP) starts at $23,000. Pretty good deal for a brand new handsome car that has that kind of power under the hood and warrantied. I'm sure you can get a well equipped one for about 25kish, almost makes me want to second guess about getting my MM but then again I feel I'm obligated to get one now because of how long I've been on the board....
    Go find out if the 23K is for a Charger R/T or a Charger V6
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

that's a BS commercial, 23K will barely get you the 3.5L V6...

R/T starts at like 31K

11.90 @ 117.5mph on 93 octane
    324 shortblock, Novi 2000, Now with optional axle removing tires
    Igziabeher

WantOneSoBad Guest
    You sure, I even rewinded it to make sure, I'll have to pay closer attention. Anyone else seen it???

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    You sure, I even rewinded it to make sure, I'll have to pay closer attention. Anyone else seen it???
    Yes, and while they do say that, I think you'll find they are referring to the Charger range of models starts at $23K.....in other words the base model with V6.
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Something is fishy with that price.

The police package Charger with the Hemi is $26,000, and I know for a fact you can't even find a decent, low-mileage used Charger R/T on Ebay for less than about $25,000.

I don't even think you could walk out of a dealership with the V6 model for $23,000.
    --- Todd ---

2007 Dodge Charger - 3.5L V6
    2006 Chevy Impala LT - 3.5L V6

Royal Purple synthetics

2003 Maraduer 300A
    2000 CVPI
    158,730 miles
    Addco swaybars front & rear
    ENS poly bushings & endlinks front & rear
    Command Automotive cryogenic rotors front & rear

I heard Mopar is having a hard time moving the 300 and Charger now , esp. the hemi versions. I bet deals can be had.
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

I went Charger shopping just for kicks at the Dodge dealer in West Bend, WI. For $22,9ish, I could buy a plain jane car with a V6. I could get a middle of the road(as far as options) V8 Hemi for $29ish. The SRT8 with common options would have cost me $41. All would be a couple grand more with more nicer options.
    04' DTR Loving every minute

Talking Chryslers' tryin

They do come opted out nice, with Nav and personal settings at the fingertips.
    The SRT-8 purchace allows you "Track time" at your nearest raceway!
    Hard to argue with that!

WantOneSoBad Guest
    I guess you'll are right, I even looked myself and couldn't find a used one for that price, they worded that commercial pretty slickly though or I just wasn't feeling it that night.

"Bait & Switch"..............Sears invented it decades ago!!

Bradley....

Were you able to drive it on the highway?? I wonder how the "4 cylinder" mode works??

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

No Jack,
    They (dealer)are very protective of the SRT-8 models.
    A Super Bee was stolen a couple weeks ago, the police recovered it on the S. side of Chicago.
    Rear window smashed(to gain acess to lock box)and 650 miles on it.
    4cyl mode is supposed to save 10% on economy.It is for the 5.7L only(pretty sure)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    "Bait & Switch"..............Sears invented it decades ago!!

Bradley....

Were you able to drive it on the highway?? I wonder how the "4 cylinder" mode works??

Marauderjack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information