Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If all goes well...I'll be flying out Friday to drive home a SB Marauder...

If all goes well...I'll be flying out Friday to drive home a SB Marauder...

good for you. enjoy it.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Congrats! I can imagine the excitement!

Info..details...
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Have a great trip! I will be driving down in my Marauder and may need to fly home.

haha i love it!!!
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

2004 silver birch marauder. 95k miles which is higher than I wanted, but the price is well below the top of my budget. I've been looking casually since this time last year and a good bit harder for the last six months. I'd narrowed it down to two cars, this one and another with 65k miles. Over the last month this one was reduced in price several times and after the last price reduction interest jumped up but I was luckily first in line. The 65k mile car has remained fairly steady and would have ended up costing me roughly $4k more between it being pricier, higher taxes, and shipping costs.

Both are from dry climates but the 95k (South Florida) car has always been garaged and the owner of the 65k car (Airzona) has stated his car has not been. Thus the exterior / interior of the 95k mile car is probably one point higher on a scale of 1-10. Couple that with it being 2/3 of the cost, I pulled the trigger. Barring some unforeseen circumstance or the owner outright lying about something major (highly doubtful after talking to him), I should have it home about 1-2 AM Saturday morning.

I'm pretty particular and the only real cons I consider the car to have are:

(1) The pinstripe; this was dealer added so I imagine removing it now would be an issue due to paint fading
    (2) Rear bumper sag below the tail lights; common issue and if it bothers me enough I can fix it
    (3) No spoiler, but I can add one
    (4) Front license plate bracket; I'm assuming this will leave four holes in the front bumper so I'll probably leave it
    (5) One small ding in the quarter panel that can probably be fixed through paintless dent repair
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations that's a clean sb resembles my recent purchase of a sb with light flint interior as well, its wearing on me
    04 twin turbo Marauder custom made by myself 😁
    3800stall freddy Brown 4stbe trans 31 spline rear
    601rwhp 592rwtq @19psi

I’d leave the pinstripes, those are actually kinda cool.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

Nice car if you look there is still some nice cars out there got mine last year with 8k on it and it came from Kansas city always inside
    2004 dtr 1237 of 3214

Looks like a good find. Congrats!
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Wow...

Super clean! Stripes arnt too bad and I like the "Marauder" in the stripe at rear of car.

I think if you took off the pinstripes... And the paint underneath were more fresh, and slightly different, it would be supercool! Ghost stripes!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Congrats on your new SB!
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

A real beauty. Nice going!

In general the car was as advertised. As particular as I am there were some things I found that bugged me; fortunately they were relatively small and none were deal breakers. Driveway to driveway was 715 miles. Not a ton of fun after a 5:00 AM flight, but I made it. I've driven vehicles maddeningly slow to crap-your-pants fast, rattle your teeth stiff to cushy as a couch...but my first impression is that this car is a really nice mix of all of those cars in their stock form. The wheels are turning as far as plans for the car, but for once I'm going to stick to the plan and keep things stock and simple until the F250 and Mustang are "done".

Though I'm legal to drive it, I've kept any other trips to a minimum and within the neighborhood until I can get it properly registered in Louisiana. Once that's taken care of in the next day or two, I'll transfer car seats and prep it for daily driver duty. The 64 cents the previous owner spent on each cheesy drilled rotor is pretty obvious, so I'll want to change those along with the pads. The rubber is new but the car wasn't aligned because it drove "straight as a whistle". I could go on and on but I don't want to dog the seller who I feel gave me a good deal and was as up front and honest as they were able to. What I mean to say is that I'll probably start a thread about "Crazy things the previous owner has told you"...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information