Thread: Relocating Battery to Trunk

Relocating Battery to Trunk

I have most of the parts, just trying to come up with a plan oh how to wire, run cables, box mounting etc. Who's done this before and how did you do it? Pics would be of immense help. Thanks!

So far my plans are:

1) The simple way by just running the 1-gauge wire up to the distribution box and installing a 300-400 amp fuse or breaker at the new battery's location.

2) Separate, direct line to the starter with the starter relay mounted in the trunk and a separate, fused line up to the distribution box. This is a whole lot more wiring but give the starter as much juice as it can get.
    2004 Silver Birch w/moonroof. "Isabelle"

Eaton swapped summer/fall 2015 with all the gooddies, tune by the one-and-only Marty-O +2psi pulley, Steigemeyer stage 6 port, SWLT, custom ss exhaust, Borla ProXS, Addco sway bars, TCE s/s brake hoses, Hawk HPS pads, Zack big brak kit, J-mod, battery in trunk, full custom audio (never used, blower whine sounds better)

To do list:
    HID headlights, LED interior/exterior, courtesy "3-flash" turn signals, widen wheels, rear deck wing, marauder stencil on cmhsl? bumper cover inserts? deck lid, steering whee, hood liner godshead, more power!

Noticed you have a aftermarket amp. When wiring my amp I made the mistake of running amp feed & RCA cables together and ended up with a wine noise. Keep that in mind when you route the battery feed cable to the trunk. You want to keep them separate.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

I bought 25 feet of 1/0 0 gauge for 21.00 off eBay. It is fine strand too
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Not to discourage you, but why are you relocating the battery?

Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    Noticed you have a aftermarket amp. When wiring my amp I made the mistake of running amp feed & RCA cables together and ended up with a wine noise. Keep that in mind when you route the battery feed cable to the trunk. You want to keep them separate.
    Already done. Power and signal cables are run on opposite sides of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyFords View Post
    Not to discourage you, but why are you relocating the battery?
    I'm Eaton swapped and the only battery that fits between the washer reservoir and radiator is a bit too small for clean starting on cold mornings. Plus I'm trying to clean up under the hood a bit.
    2004 Silver Birch w/moonroof. "Isabelle"

Eaton swapped summer/fall 2015 with all the gooddies, tune by the one-and-only Marty-O +2psi pulley, Steigemeyer stage 6 port, SWLT, custom ss exhaust, Borla ProXS, Addco sway bars, TCE s/s brake hoses, Hawk HPS pads, Zack big brak kit, J-mod, battery in trunk, full custom audio (never used, blower whine sounds better)

To do list:
    HID headlights, LED interior/exterior, courtesy "3-flash" turn signals, widen wheels, rear deck wing, marauder stencil on cmhsl? bumper cover inserts? deck lid, steering whee, hood liner godshead, more power!

Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    "Wine noise" is defined as three woman talking loudly after two bottles of Silver Oak.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Thread Information