Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urethane Motor Mounts???

Urethane Motor Mounts???

Does anyone make urethane motor mounts for the MM or CV? Putting a 5.0 Coyote in my '70 F100 with a CV IFS and wanted to use urethane mounts if possible.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    If your putting a Coyote motor in a F100 you dont need Marauder specific mounts just use Mustang aftermarket Urethane mounts you may have to do some fab work getting them to fit a F100 anyway.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Mine are welded solid and I kid you not when I say there isn’t even a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Mine are welded solid and I kid you not when I say there isn’t even a difference.

I have a new set for the Silver car this maybe what I end up doing to handle the instant torque from the Whipple.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN View Post
    I have a new set for the Silver car this maybe what I end up doing to handle the instant torque from the Whipple.

You “might” feel a difference when turning it over, but probably not. Otherwise, I never felt a difference.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Well I am using Outcast Autoworks CV to Coyote swap mounts which require the use of a 2003+ CV motor mount.

https://www.outcastautoworks.com/col...elocate-mounts

In the F100's the motor needs to be moved back and over to get it to sit right. I emailed Kyle at OA and inquired about them reworking them to use the Mustang mounts as aftermarket urethane mounts are readily available.

Does anyone actually make aftermarket mounts for the panther that hold up better to an Eaton swap?

Stock mounts can well exceed an Eaton.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Starting a new thread on stock motor mounts.
    Last edited by Aerocoupe; 06-25-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Got any pictures of how it's welded?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by minimarine09 View Post
    Got any pictures of how it's welded?

Not currently. Nothing fancy, just a piece of metal on the back sides bridging the top to the bottom. I even welded it in place because lazy.

Reason for welding mine is that all my S/C piping is fully welded and/or V band clamped. Even the pipe connecting to the throttle body is locked down with a bolt down brace as well as a V band on the outlet of the Procharger. Homie don’t have time for pipe blow offs.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Not currently. Nothing fancy, just a piece of metal on the back sides bridging the top to the bottom. I even welded it in place because lazy.

Reason for welding mine is that all my S/C piping is fully welded and/or V band clamped. Even the pipe connecting to the throttle body is locked down with a bolt down brace as well as a V band on the outlet of the Procharger. Homie don’t have time for pipe blow offs.

Lol, nice, yea I'm Going to have about a mile of hot and cold piping to worry about so I'm trying to cover every angle

I saw a set of stock mounts that were welded up on a single turbo CV over on crownvic.net. Looked pretty easy to do so that will be the route I do if and whenever the OEM units I bought give up the ghost. OP said he used 1/4" plate, cut the pieces himself and burned them in himself. Cleaned it up and used high temp black paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interested in this as well. One of my stock Panther mounts collapsed within a year under the 5.4.

So it looks like Outcast is making a motor mount.

https://www.outcastautoworks.com/col...-series-trucks

Out of stock but I am going to get a set when they are back in stock. Much better solution than the stock mounts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information