Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trilogy Owners....

Trilogy Owners....

May sound like a dumb question, but has anyone added the Trilogy to be covered thru their car insurance? You know, case there's a accident where it gets damaged?

Just like anything aftermarket - you may have to have separate coverage for that. A supercharger falls into the category of "not stock". That is actually a great question!
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by BirchMarauder View Post
    May sound like a dumb question, but has anyone added the Trilogy to be covered thru their car insurance? You know, case there's a accident where it gets damaged?
    I would think that most car insurance companies would steer clear of covering a car with a power adder. I just recently shopped around for car insurance, got a great quote from Geico and was on the phone with them trying to confirm my quote and set everything up...well they asked me if I had any modifications and I told them what I had done. They immediately told me they would not cover me. I spoke to a supervisor and everything and tried to argue my point of having a great driving record, a degree, no tickets etc...and they wouldnt do it. I asked where they draw the line with modifications and was told something like a K & N would be fine but when you are talking a major modification like a turbo or supercharger that makes your car high performance and much too high of a rating when assessing risk.

Needless to say I had to shop around some more but actually ended up with a better quote without telling them Im blown of course. I called Geico back and told them they sucked at life.

Anyways you may be able to find a company out there somewhere that would cover such a mod but that was my experience.
    Last edited by ridinclean; 04-08-2009 at 05:00 PM.
    Trilogy #119 S/C installed by Carfixer/Tallboy

It's been on my mind to contact state farm and get show car insurance. This is usually an anything goes policy as for modifications, no more emissions, and at ALOT less rate.

Problem with these policies is they come with limitted mileage constraints.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Countless mustang owners have had their insurance canceled due to after market modifications that were performance related.

James Brown #140 "Say It Loud" Except in Bristol
    Merc's Garage
    MagnaFuel ProTuner Series 750 MP-1403
    Stainless Steel Works full exhaust
    SCT Advantage III Ford Pro Racer Software
    600.59 rwhp 559.91 Torque @ 20 lbs Boost
    2.3 Whipple Intercooled Supercharger
    BC Automotive Stage4 transmission
    03 Terminator built by Chris Vining

I have had State Farm and Geico in the past with no problems. I told both about the modifications I was told anything bolted to the car would be covered. I now have Allstate and I showed my agent the car and he loved it and told me everything is covered as long as I don't have a claim while racing.
    03 Marauder- 300B, non heated seats, T/C, no CD changer
    03 Marauder- 300A, Eaton Swapped, SOLD

03 Marauder- 300A, 5544 of 7839 in 03, Trilogy #24, SOLD
    04 Marauder- 300B, SB with LF interior, 208k miles and still ticking SOLD

I got this text in an email from my provider, regarding customized options and VA state law. An interesting bit of text I was surprised to see:

"It has come to our attention that some [insurance] documentation previously indicated that physical damage coverage does not cover loss for custom options on an owned auto or would only cover such loss if the existence of those options was previously reported to us. This notice was sent in error to Virginia policyholders with private passenger type vehicles. In Virginia, the Personal Automobile Policy provides automatic coverage for custom equipment on private passenger type vehicles."
    Last edited by Breadfan; 04-08-2009 at 07:13 PM.
    Trilogy #112 (self installed)

- Trilogy S/C (Stock pulley/tune) - 4.10's - JLT - SS Inserts - 4" Megs -

12.99@106.2mph (for now)

I have geico in FL and all my mods are listed and protected by my policy.
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

I would think that "Forced Induction" would get your policy cancelled for a variety of reasons??

"Forgiveness" is my plan since "Permission" is not an option......close friend is an agent!!

I hope I never have to fight with them over it!!

Anyone have the OK from your insurance company regarding a blower/power adder??
    No Marauder

Insurance for adding a Supercharger...

I was considering getting a supercharger so I contacted my insurance company to find out how much it would cost.

After talking to them and other insurance companies, I am finding out it is going to be an additional $600 for 6 months.

Is that what you guys pay? If not, who do you have your insurance through. Geico won't even cover it.

Thanks,

Dale

Merc's Garage

Insurance for adding a Supercharger...

I was considering getting a supercharger so I contacted my insurance company to find out how much it would cost.

After talking to them and other insurance companies, I am finding out it is going to be an additional $600 for 6 months.

Is that what you guys pay? If not, who do you have your insurance through. Geico won't even cover it.

Thanks,

Dale

http://www.f150online.com/forums/sup...ercharger.html

I installed a Roush Supercharger back in Oct. I informed my insurance company, GEICO, in November. My policy has since renewed 1 time, and would have renewed this June.

Today, I got a letter in the mail from GEICO. It was a letter to thank me for my past business, but unfortunately I no longer qualify for insurance via GEICO.

The specific wording is:
    Due to unacceptable customization (s) on the 2006 Ford, VIN XXX
    The helpful girl at the local branch says that there is suspicion I am racing my truck. In addition, Supercharger/Turbo are not covered at all with GEICO.

So just a FYI for you guys. I asked what if I were to buy a Supercharged/Turbo vehicle off the lot (aka GT 500, Cobalt SS...etc.). At this time, they do not cover Forced Induction vehicles.
    I then of course asked about the Diesel trucks...and got a whole story about it being different.

BTW, they also will only cover 4" of lift or less...or vehicles lowered using Hydraulics. :smoke:

Be careful. I got punished hardcore for doing the right thing. Went from $600 every 6 months for full coverage on 2 vehicles, to just over $900 every 6 months.
    also found out that GEICO had lowered my coverages from the $50,000 I had been paying for previously, to a $25,000 coverage. Apparently this happened the last time my policy renewed.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/84...nks-geico.html
    Last edited by merc; 04-09-2009 at 04:56 AM.

Merc's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    It's been on my mind to contact state farm and get show car insurance. This is usually an anything goes policy as for modifications, no more emissions, and at ALOT less rate.

Problem with these policies is they come with limitted mileage constraints.
    I looked into this type insurance recently. Too restrictive and far too easy for them to deny a claim based on usage. 5,000 mile per year limit. I elected to stay with my normal insurance policy for the DTR.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

So if you go to a Dealer and buy a car/truck that has a power adder already installed by the Factory your saying no insurance?

Hard to think about all the Ligthning/Cobra people driving without insurance?
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Got the same education on the purchase of a "Cigarette" style boat in 2001. Prudential, at that time my car insurance company, would not cover
    it ? "Westfield" my home agent would ! Changed all cars over too them at that time, and the MM added when purchased in 06. The rate for the MM is higher than a GM of the same year ? Like everything, shop around, and for you guys in New Jersey !! my sympathy.

Insurance

My marauder is heavily modified. When I had a problem the insurance company covered the problem. Hydro lock causing a chipped piston top. They gave me the money for a standard marauder engine then canceled my policy. I now have stated value insurance from progressive. It is double the insurance rate from the original policy but I meet the Pennsylvania DOT requirements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information