Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCT Xcalbibrator

SCT Xcalbibrator

Of those who have the SCT Xcalbibrator, how much do you like it? I hear that it helps alleviate the transmission's tendency to shift too early, but is it worth it? And if it is, would someone with my car intelligence level (not too high when it comes to car computer systems, but otherwise pretty good) be able to handle installing it?
    "We can all sleep easy at night knowing that somewhere, at any given time, the Foo Fighters are out there fighting foo." - Dave Letterman

Yup..... You CAn Do It!

You could also install one of the SCT Chips. But....the XCal is MUCH simpler. With the tune from one of the Vendor's here, the car will shift oh-so-much better. I have a SCT Chip w/ a Lidio Tune, and it made the whole driving experience different. It may have upped the horsies a bit, butI really can't tell. What I can tell on is the butt-test! Whooow Boy! Different animal all together!

I would highley recommend one! Even as a stand alone mod (in my case) it is highly noticable, and it make the car sooo much more fun to drive!

KillJoy

Does the calibrator affect off the line launches? Also what about 4.10 gears? Do they affect fuel ecomony very much? How many more questions am I going to ask?
    "We can all sleep easy at night knowing that somewhere, at any given time, the Foo Fighters are out there fighting foo." - Dave Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Doorknob
    Does the calibrator affect off the line launches? Also what about 4.10 gears? Do they affect fuel ecomony very much? How many more questions am I going to ask?
    A tuner and gears, you can't go wrong. Even if you decide to get supercharged sometime, you'll still want the gears and maybe even be able to reuse the tuner since the general concensus is everyone here uses SCT. I was able to get a 350/range out of my 3.55's, and also my 4.10s with the tuner. It all depends on your right foot.

BigGuyBigCar Guest
    I just bought a used '04 with an XCal tune from Reinhart. Previous owner thought it necessary to upgrade sparkplugs and swap to a 180 degree thermostat at the same time.

AT what RPMs does your trans upshift now? I think the tunes move the shift to >5000 RPM. So more acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuyBigCar
    I just bought a used '04 with an XCal tune from Reinhart. Previous owner thought it necessary to upgrade sparkplugs and swap to a 180 degree thermostat at the same time.
    This is a basic "Stage 1" setup, and the cooler stat and plugs allow a tad more timing without detonation. It's very helpful in tuning.

Hey...I'm looking for a used SCT 9100 (blue) HHP, anyone have one for sale, drop me a line at SergntMac@aol.com

I just noticed there is a Used SCT Tuner w/ 2 tunes for sale in the Classifieds Section!

KillJoy

Yes, I noticed, thank you. All that fancy stuff that comes with the XCal2, is not what I am looking for. The older 9100 will work fine for me.

You will lose about 1mpg with the 4.10 gears, but the grin on your face will last longer. I also have an SCT Xcalibrator w/ 2 DR tunes (3.55 & 4.10 gears) and the serial cable if anyone is interested.

Edit:
    Just added my SCT to the classifieds.
    Last edited by fastblackmerc; 03-17-2006 at 09:17 AM.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I picked up the XCal 2 From Dennis Reinhardt and like the way the car runs with the adjustment made. There are still a few things I need to learn, but all tghe resources one needs are right here. I feel it is a wise decision to get your hands on one, preferably with the latest technology.

Fear not. You are in good company. These things ara a peice of cake to use. Don't even need a screwdriver or pliers. Just pug and play and go!
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

I have the DR tune on an otherwise standard 03 B. May have improved gas mileage a tad, lot better shift, doesn't shift back and forth in traffic. Highly recommended.
    2003 300B black Standard, except for SS inserts
    245/55/18 Firestone rear
    235/45/18 Firestone front
    Born on date 6/19/2003
    Adopted 9/10/2003 (unknown)
    Orphened 12/15/2003
    Re-adopted 3/4/2004 (by me)
    Best car I've ever driven

Quote Originally Posted by KillJoy149
    I just noticed there is a Used SCT Tuner w/ 2 tunes for sale in the Classifieds Section!

KillJoy
    If it's the one from MarauderJack, sorry it's been in my grubby hands for a month now and I'm not parting with it. I'm having too much fun with it.
    '04 MARAUDER
    Born on 4/20/04 -- Foster Care on 5/11/04 -- Adopted on 01/27/05
    Heated Seats 6 Disc CD Changer Moonroof
    JLT CAI--Silverstars Heads/Fogs--SCT-9100
    SB IX - SB X - SB XIII - SB XIV - SB XL - SB XLIII
    Trilogy S/C In Due Time

Quote Originally Posted by KillJoy149
    Not bad at all.
    '04 MARAUDER
    Born on 4/20/04 -- Foster Care on 5/11/04 -- Adopted on 01/27/05
    Heated Seats 6 Disc CD Changer Moonroof
    JLT CAI--Silverstars Heads/Fogs--SCT-9100
    SB IX - SB X - SB XIII - SB XIV - SB XL - SB XLIII
    Trilogy S/C In Due Time

I have the xcalibrator2 from Reinhart - was all stock (except tires) when I loaded the tune. Makes a wonderfull difference in around town driving as far as eliminating unnecessary shifting up and down all the time at lower speeds. Also DEFINITELY adds some horses to launching from dead stop. Acceleration from highway speed is also enhanced. Shifting between gears at all throttle levels is changed from slow and mushy to quick and crisp. The xcal2 came loaded with a tune for stock gears and one for 4.10 gears preloaded. There are also six or eight parameters to fiddle with yourself, but I haven't bothered. I wish I had bought one of these gizmos sooner.
    White Lightning Kiarauder:
    2011 Kia Forte EX Minisculus Pimpmobilius Extremus
    Built-in Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, aux/ipod jack, ]2 power ports and Sunroof! six speed auto trans w/ Sportmatic, dead pedal, rear-view camera. Voice cmd for radio, sat, nav, cell phone and MP3.
    Four very muscular, steroid-enhanced, genetically mutated, Mountain Dew injected, wild racing hamsters cavorting under the hood.
    ............................... ...................
    Black Thunder:
    2004 Marauder - Black w/black interior
    Sequence number is 39 of 3213
    Traded in 12/12/10
    --------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    XCalibrator2/Reinhart tune
    Sequence number is 37 of 327
    10/10/2009 ---- Blue Thunder has gone on to a much better place -----
    Martyo's Garage!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information