Due to rust underneath edges of my trunk lid and a dent, I purchased a very clean trunk lid with a factory spoiler mounted to it. Upon inspecting more, I realize now that the spoiler was put on straight but not with the 4 screw template. There is 1 screw each side in the wrong spots about 6 inches from each end(not close enough to corners of trunk), where there were existing through holes from inside the trunk to easily send screws through... seems like it was put on the easy quick way. Even with just two screws it was held on VERY FIRMLY. But I would like to mount correctly. One corner of the tape was dried out and the corner of spoiler was barely loose, but it made me start looking much harder at how it was installed.

Any advice, knowledge, correct hardware size, hole locations/template info, would be greatly appreciated. My car is in great shape but is almost due for fresh paint or clearcoat.. im trying to get the little things done first before any sanding or prep begins. I'm hoping I'm not going to end up disappointed with the purchase I just made. It is beyond me why someone would mount a factory OEM spoiler incorrectly but I'm stuck with what I have now. 😐