Thread: Anyone know where I could score a compressor?

Anyone know where I could score a compressor?

Hello folks, it's been a while since I posted. My MM is now 144k old. Looks like the air springs compressor is done. Desperately looking. I have gone through the forums looking for some direction without any luck. Any suggestions out there? Thank you

Mo
    03'MM300B
    4:10 gears, 180 thermostat, Denso iridium plugs, Steeda UD pulleys, SCT tune-Xcalibrator, JLT rai kit, 18" Magnaflows, Ford Racing girdle & stud kit from Wes, DR's level 2 trans, DR's rear eng. cooling kit, PI Stallion T/C, Addco swaybar, Dr Tint job, Blacked out front grill badge, Ruby red Bob White Decals, Gas Tank Bib, KB dead pedal, Memphis Audio all the way around.

Arnott and Suncore sell them
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I might have a used one. Could do half of what a new one is.
    "Come to me, Superman! I defy you! Come and kneel before Zod! Zod! "

Quote Originally Posted by the fat bastid View Post
    I might have a used one. Could do half of what a new one is.
    thanks, how old and condition, what would half be?
    03'MM300B
    4:10 gears, 180 thermostat, Denso iridium plugs, Steeda UD pulleys, SCT tune-Xcalibrator, JLT rai kit, 18" Magnaflows, Ford Racing girdle & stud kit from Wes, DR's level 2 trans, DR's rear eng. cooling kit, PI Stallion T/C, Addco swaybar, Dr Tint job, Blacked out front grill badge, Ruby red Bob White Decals, Gas Tank Bib, KB dead pedal, Memphis Audio all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Arnott and Suncore sell them

Thank you, would that be the one they have listed for 90-11 Lincoln Town Car/Ford Crown Victoria/Mercury Grand Marquis? Part Number: P-2936?
    03'MM300B

Also, has anyone installed an aftermarket one that worked well? I've been looking at quite a few aftermarket replacements and if ultimately that's the route I go I'd like to be able to pick wisely.
    03'MM300B

I installed an aftermarket Arnott one after mine seized into a solid block of rust after sitting in water. There is actually a small difference between a marauder one and a towncar, etc one. the tube inlet is clocked about 45 degree difference. Putting it in is kind of a pain because the tube is now jammed against the wall of plastic box it sits in. It has been working fine for years now. (i also drilled another hole in the box so water will drain better.)
    "Come to me, Superman! I defy you! Come and kneel before Zod! Zod! "

What fat bastid said^^^.

I've installed Arnott units in 2 Marauders and am very happy.

...and a big 10-4 about drilling more holes in the tray the compressor sits in.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

My tray looks like Swiss cheese.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Mine hangs upside down under the core support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Mine hangs upside down under the core support.
    I'm sorry to hear that.....

This "drilling more holes so water drains" thing needs to happen in the cowl box where the wiper motor is too. The flapper door gets clogged with debris and the wiper motor suffers the same fate. Remove the flapper door to solve the problem. No ill effects whatsoever.

Thread Information