Thread: Actual HID Headlamp Retrofit for 9007 bulbs

Actual HID Headlamp Retrofit for 9007 bulbs

Has anyone installed an actual HID conversion kit into a Marauder, not the Sylvania SilverStars or any other Halogen bulb. I'd like to know if it was a quality kit and if there were any installation problems or operational problems (heat, light output, or wiring issues). There's several kits I've found out there, here's one that appears to have all the right stuff for $400. http://www.xenondepot.com/INTorderonlineUSDnov03.html

Please let me know if you've had any good or bad experience with an Xenon High Intensity Discharge retrofit system in a Marauder.

Thanks!

There are no good HID retrofits for 9007 bulbs. Because there are two elements (high beam and low beam) in a single bulb it isn't to maintain the high beam.

There are bi-xenon HID out there that use a moving deflector or actually pivot the HID element, but it's not the same as a true 9007 bulb with two elements. The focal points will not be the same.

One other thing to note is that most likely the manufacturer will NOT be able to provide D.O.T certification on the bulb for your particular car. If they can't do so, then you are breaking the law by using them. There is a ton of info out there on the web if you look hard enough. I wanted to do this upgrade as well and there is a guy on CVN who has done it on his 2003 CV LX Sport. I'm just not sure that it is D.O.T. certified. If I remember correctly it was about $700 installed. He has posted here on MM.net as well.

Todd
    2001 Ford Crown Vic LX Sport
    • AED Intercooled Eaton M90s s/c @9 PSI
    • Fox Lake Stage 1 P&P Heads
    • BBK 75mm Throttle Body
    • Marauder airbox and 80mm MAF
    • Cobra heat exchanger & Lightning intercooler pump
    • Ford Trac-Loc w/ 3.27 gears
    • ADTR Stage 1 Intake tube

Hey Todd, is that picture of your Vic have the 50% tint you have listed as a mod? I'd like some tints, but I want them real dark...as in, you can't see through in broad daylight. Illegal? Oh well, SC cops don't care much.
    2007 Honda Accord V6. Fit for a father of two. 5% tint all around.

50% tint

Yes that is 50% tint in the picture. That is the legal limit in Minnesota. I was pulled over once by the state troopers here (63 in a 55) and he was more concerned about the tint. It fell just below (by like 1%) what the legal limit was. He let me go with a warning.

I would love to have gone with a 20% or 35% tint, but its not worth getting hasseled by the cops over.
    2001 Ford Crown Vic LX Sport
    • AED Intercooled Eaton M90s s/c @9 PSI
    • Fox Lake Stage 1 P&P Heads
    • BBK 75mm Throttle Body
    • Marauder airbox and 80mm MAF
    • Cobra heat exchanger & Lightning intercooler pump
    • Ford Trac-Loc w/ 3.27 gears
    • ADTR Stage 1 Intake tube

Crown Vic Guest
    At lest your state's limit is 50%...NY is 70% which is practically nuttin!!! I have 50% in the front and 35% in the rear. when it rains, car looks like the windows are painted black. On a sunny day, you barely see the tint.

As for HIDs, I'm doing a custom HID install. I have MM corners on my car and relocated the turn signal to the corner so the stock location, for now, only has a 3157 but only as a parking light just so the hole wouldn't look empty until I get my custom thing done. I was going to modify that slot and use the same focal point as the original blinker add a set of "extra" lights. I just haven't decided on what bulbs to use, i.e. D2S, D2R, etc. I'm researching the length from the mounting location to the part where the "filament" (I know they don't have filaments but forgot what its called) is and trying to match it to the same focal point of the stock turn signal location.

Thread Information