Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QA1 rear shocks install

Quote Originally Posted by vicateurlilss View Post
    If you look at measurements.. those won’t work with a factory spring.. those are designed for 5” or 5.5” diameter springs. I had those on my fox.. before it went coilover..

The there is always maximum Motorsports rear kit that bolts in.. sits on top of the factory perch, and bolts in..

Personally a true rear coilover is a much better way to go.. but ehh

That MEDC guy
    You are correct, I had custom springs made to 275lbs, so they have the factory pigtail on top and standard flat-ground 5" diameter on the bottom.

The Marauder outboard shocks are great for wheel control, but they don't leave room for a coilover spring. You would have to move the coilover inboard of the frame rail to fit, losing the shock-at-the-wheel direct action. So in inboard coilover would be at a performance disadvantage in this configuration, compared to the factory outboard mount.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

QA1 rear shocks install

Quote Originally Posted by lifespeed View Post
    You are correct, I had custom springs made to 275lbs, so they have the factory pigtail on top and standard flat-ground 5" diameter on the bottom.

The Marauder outboard shocks are great for wheel control, but they don't leave room for a coilover spring. You would have to move the coilover inboard of the frame rail to fit, losing the shock-at-the-wheel direct action. So in inboard coilover would be at a performance disadvantage in this configuration, compared to the factory outboard mount.

Actually... I run a true rear coilover on my daily.. and run 275/40/17 all the time.. and 275/40/17 Hoosiers r7/a7 for weekend track/auto cross.. there is plenty of room for a coilover.. it required a few.. mods to work.. but works rather well..

That MEDC guy

Where did you buy the acme thread stock and adjustable spring perch?
    Iirc adtr has something like this.
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Actually... I run a true rear coilover on my daily.. and run 275/40/17 all the time.. and 275/40/17 Hoosiers r7/a7 for weekend track/auto cross.. there is plenty of room for a coilover.. it required a few.. mods to work.. but works rather well..

That MEDC guy
    Post pics and/or details, then. I run the 20" wheels/tires in my sig and fit Penske 7500DA in the stock rear mounts, but there is definitely no room for coilover springs.

Maybe you're running narrow wheels with those wide tires?
    Lifespeed

Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Post pics and/or details, then. I run the 20" wheels/tires in my sig and fit Penske 7500DA in the stock rear mounts, but there is definitely no room for coilover springs.

Maybe you're running narrow wheels with those wide tires?

I did post pics in the past... and run a 9” wide cobra r wheel..

Thanks to tapatalk once again I posted on marauder post.. thought it was a different forum..

Coilover rear shocks... with welded braces.. they are Viking double adjustables.. that I re-valved for my needs..

That MEDC guy

I did post pics in the past... and run a 9” wide cobra r wheel..

Thanks to tapatalk once again I posted on marauder post.. thought it was a different forum..

Coilover rear shocks... with welded braces.. they are Viking double adjustables.. that I re-valved for my needs..

That MEDC guy
    Interesting, thanks. There is only so much room to fit both shock and wheel, no miracles here. More shock = less wheel. Do your tires fit under the fender lip, or is a minimum ride height required to prevent tire rubbing?
    Lifespeed

Interesting, thanks. There is only so much room to fit both shock and wheel, no miracles here. More shock = less wheel. Do your tires fit under the fender lip, or is a minimum ride height required to prevent tire rubbing?

They fit under the fender lips, they did require rolling/ minor flaring and the cars ride height is very low..

That MEDC guy

any updated on ride quality and/or performance on the QA1 shocks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information