Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with power windows problem

Need help with power windows problem

For years, my driver side window switch has been intermittent. Sometimes the window would go up and down, sometimes not.

Now it is stuck in non working mode, also the driver rear window will not work with either its switch or its master switch in driver door.

The passenger windows will go up and down with master switches in driver door, but will not go up and down with their own switches.

All switches have been cleaned of carbon, and the master switch assembly has even been replaced.

Also, if activate passenger front window switch numerous times in a row, the doors will unlock.

Anybody out there who can help me? I don't know what to do.

Only 47k on odometer, garage kept, really only drive once every 2 or 3 months or so, everything still bone stock.

Thanks
    David
    300A
    Born 06/02
    Adopted 10/02
    Bone Stock
    GO BROWNS!!!

wish I knew. have similar problem.. 04 MM Silver Birch 25k.. garage kept all stock. Rear Pass window works going down from back switch but wont go up from back. Main switch on driver door works. Figure the switch in back is bad. Also lights for heated seats on pass side have gone out. For the past few years, they flickered. now out. As you can see, I also only drive it rarely.

Assuming you replaced the master switch with a new ford master or maybe a high-line Standard brand unit then I suspect the motor or a connection.

Before getting into that I would test the switch with a VOM and then if necessary attempt to activate the motor by using jumpers at the wire side of the switch connector.

Jay
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Probably the lack of use. Window motor might be on its way out. I see low miles but if you don’t use it it’s goning to break. I think it’s the same with boats and bikes.

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Take apart the master switch and clean all the contacts.
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (Sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (Sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox

With my car I have had to replace the passenger side window switch as well. Als9 make sure you are testing with the car running so you are getting full battery out put.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Could the locks and windows not working be a bad door module?
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Express Down or Up?

My question: My newly purchased '04 Marauder doesn't have 'one touch' down or up on the driver's window like my previous '98 Mustang - should it? My current '05 Mustang has a different switch setup that works as advertised...:-)

Edit: Never mind, as the driver's window does have 'one touch down' when the switch is depressed properly.
    Last edited by Invective; 04-09-2018 at 07:07 PM.

Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry24 View Post
    Probably the lack of use. Window motor might be on its way out. I see low miles but if you don’t use it it’s goning to break. I think it’s the same with boats and bikes.
    The 4WD transfer case motor on my low mileage '06 Ranger stopped working a few years back. After being quoted some outrageous prices to replace the motor (and who knows what else) the shop I use rebuilt the motor and stated that it (switch and mechanism) had to be used on a regular basis (at least once a month) or it would fail again - I'm following his advice.

My Marauder project(s) for today include: throttle pedal sticking at initial tip in, checking to see if the CD disk changer and basically everything on the car works. Previous owner stated he never used the changer during the 12 years he owned the car.

State DMV valued the car at $4,720 - not complaining about the minimal property tax bill. Here in NC, we pay property taxes on our vehicles, boats, etc. Within the city limits the taxes are nearly double what they would be if I lived in the county.

Marauder goes to the moonroof installer this thursday.

yeah i know sounds dumb, slam the doors a couple times.

true story......................... ..........
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

If the master switch works all the windows - check that the windows aren't locked out.

It's possible the window motor(s) are stuck.

With the key ON, put the interior lights on and watch them as you work the switch(es). If the lights dim you are getting power to the motor(s).

Try working the switch(es) while hitting the door panel with a rubber mallet (middle of the door panel). That may free up the stuck motor.

If the master switch works the window(s) but the individual switch doesn't there is:
    • A loose connection - switch or motor
    • A bad switch
    • No power to the switch

BTW...... I can fix the switches for you.
    Last edited by fastblackmerc; 04-03-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thanks everyone for your help. Haven't had a lot of time to spend on this. Have cleaned all contacts on switches and connectors, have slammed the door, banged on the door interior. Still have problems. Now passenger front window is partly down, but won't respond anymore. Leds on switches go off if I engage window lock switch. I believe it is going to be a short or open somewhere. I have printed the wiring diagram and will dive deeper with the meter as suggested. I guess I was hoping someone had already seen my exact problem and point me to it straight away. Will get it fixed eventually because the car is a blast to drive.
    300A
    Born 06/02
    Adopted 10/02
    Bone Stock
    GO BROWNS!!!

With jumpers connect each window 1 at a time, passenger windows work, but not driver side.
    300A
    Born 06/02
    Adopted 10/02
    Bone Stock
    GO BROWNS!!!

ok, just reporting the progress I have made this past week. I have learned how to remove door panels and window motors and switch contact cleaning and how test individual windows with jumper wires. This evening I now have 3 working windows. passenger front does not work. don't know what fixed it, no parts have been replaced, using original master switch with passenger front window pin broke off. If those pins are plugged in with new master switch, no window works. It is not the motor because I disconnected it with same result. But I am happy with 3 windows.
    300A
    Born 06/02
    Adopted 10/02
    Bone Stock
    GO BROWNS!!!

To me it sounds like it could be a grounding issue, to be affecting all of the windows like that. I could be way off though
    Ex Panther Owner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information