Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Show Help!!

Chuck West Guest

Thumbs up TV Show Help!!

Hello All!

My name is Chuck West and I am the program coordinator for the tv show called, The American Muscle Car / on SPEEDCHANNEL.

We need help in locating early 427 cars to feature on our show.
    We are based in St.Pete.-Tampa area.
    Since we are a small show and on a limited budget, we rally need to find a car or two in the area mentioned, or, someone who is willing to travel.

The base format of our show, for those who have not seen it is:

We like doing driving shots with a chase vehicle, where we are able to show all sides of the car while actually at speed. This shows the world all aspects of the cars and the cool sounds that these bad boys make when romped on.
    We do not discourage a hole shot or burnout, if that is what the owner wants! Lol!
    We also do static shots, so that all our viewers get to see the details in a much more focused and slower pace. We like showing off the interior, engine, trunk and exterior as well.
    We also like to interview the owner! It is great to hear how the owner came to like these cars, her or his opinion on certain aspects of the history and intersesting tidbits, so our viewers can really get a quick overview/lesson on these historic machines.

All the above usually takes all day from 9-5.
    We are not seeking numbers matching show cars only! All we request is that the car be a nice driver and represent the breed as best as possible! We prefer the cars to look as original as possible in regard to visuals. Meaning?
    No blowers, nitrous bottles, roll bars etc.
    However! If we find a visually stock car, and then lucky enough to find a modified car, that would be ultra cool! We have been known to feature a stock looking car and a modified car, just to show the two spectrums!

We offer a fun day, the chance to be on a national tv show and your own copy (DVD), of the actual show, that you and your car will appear on.
    We have been told by countless owners, that the chance to see how a tv show is made, and have millions see and be educated about these cars, is very well worth it to participate.

If you are interested, and meet the above criteria or know anyone who can? Please let me know as soon as possible and I'll contact you/them asap.

Thanks very much,
    Chuck West
    Program Coordinator, The American Muscle Car TV Show / on SPEEDCHANNEL
    www.tvcarshows.com

PS- This is not a scam! If you wish, talk to your Cougar brothers. The National Cougar club just did a fantastic job in helping us to share their cars with the world in an up-coming show.
    BTW- New season of The American Muscle Car Show starts airing on 2-24-05.

Sure - as soon as you have an episode on the Marauder, I'll consider looking around.

How about some attention to the Great American Muscle Car we have RIGHT HERE?

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

American Muscle Car

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck West
    Hello All!

My name is Chuck West and I am the program coordinator for the tv show called, The American Muscle Car / on SPEEDCHANNEL.

Since we are a small show and on a limited budget, we rally need to find a car or two in the area mentioned, or, someone who is willing to travel.

We like doing driving shots with a chase vehicle, where we are able to show all sides of the car while actually at speed. This shows the world all aspects of the cars and the cool sounds that these bad boys make when romped on.
    We do not discourage a hole shot or burnout, if that is what the owner wants! Lol!
    We also do static shots, so that all our viewers get to see the details in a much more focused and slower pace. We like showing off the interior, engine, trunk and exterior as well.
    We also like to interview the owner! It is great to hear how the owner came to like these cars, her or his opinion on certain aspects of the history and intersesting tidbits, so our viewers can really get a quick overview/lesson on these historic machines.

We are not seeking numbers matching show cars only! All we request is that the car be a nice driver and represent the breed as best as possible! We prefer the cars to look as original as possible in regard to visuals. Meaning?
    However! If we find a visually stock car, and then lucky enough to find a modified car, that would be ultra cool! We have been known to feature a stock looking car and a modified car, just to show the two spectrums!

We offer a fun day, the chance to be on a national tv show and your own copy (DVD), of the actual show, that you and your car will appear on.
    We have been told by countless owners, that the chance to see how a tv show is made, and have millions see and be educated about these cars, is very well worth it to participate.

If you are interested, and meet the above criteria or know anyone who can? Please let me know as soon as possible and I'll contact you/them asap.

Thanks very much,
    Chuck West
    www.tvcarshows.com

PS- This is not a scam! If you wish, talk to your Cougar brothers. The National Cougar club just did a fantastic job in helping us to share their cars with the world in an up-coming show.
    Hi Chuck, Thanks for writing the MM network. Sorry I can't help you with the 427, but will keep my eyes open for you. I do know a dealer in my area who has many muscle cars. I have a bone stock Blk MM w/ factory spoiler, and blackened windows. Until buying this car (by accident) I fell in love with muscle cars again. In my youth I had two of the earlier ones. (now 62, retired Chicago Detective) According to J.D.Power the MM is one of the 10 best liked cars in the US, and in one Mag. compaired it to the S500 Benz for one third the cost. It looks fast just standing still, and has the best sounding exhaust of any of the performance cars of today.
    If I could be of any help I would not mind coming up from Ft.Myers any time.

chicago_cop Phone 239-464-2825

Exactly............just a few weeks ago , Dennis Reinhaet, of Reinhart Automotive in Jacksonville,Fla., fitted up 18-22 MArauders for the FHP ........You should check him out and the Marauders out-----if the State of Fla. wants them for their Muscle Car , then you are missing out on capitalizing on a Really Big Story that is still very fresh..........after all he has set up many including mine.................
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Hello All!

. . .

Thanks very much,
    Chuck West
    www.tvcarshows.com

please check out this thread about the Florida HP's Marauders
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...hlight=florida
    ncmm
    '04 Silver Birch MM 300A, build date:03/11/04, bought new 10/04 traded 8/08, 27k miles,

'04 Silver Birch MM 300A, build date:12/23/03, bought used 3/16/12, 24k miles
    113k miles as of 8/21/19. . .

update. . . sold 11/5/2019, 116k miles

Visit My Old Gallery

Arrow welcome

Hello All!

Thanks very much,
    Chuck West
    www.tvcarshows.com

Welcome aboard. Hopefully, our Panther platform vehicles will be shown on the Speed channel in due time. As for 427 cars, what are you looking for in particular???
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

It's been posted on the FordFE.com website. Check for replys there, too.
    "Marauder Militia"

How about a new MM with 427 HP? LOL. We could do that real easy.. Or classic -vs- current Marauders.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Chuck West Guest
    Hey Guys and Girls,

I had no intention of starting a rift! Nor did I denigrate the modern day Marauder.

I know in other brands we have featured, many enthusiasts own a Modern and Oldie. I merely hoped for that possibility here!

I could see an Oldie vs Newbie, that would be cool no doubt!
    However, we have a set season that we must adhere to.

Sorry to have ruffled any feathers! But, please, don't read something that is not there! I like and respect them both!

Thanks to those of you that offered to help!

Chuck West

[Sigh] This guy just wanted to find some early 427 equipped Marauders/Mercurys and you guys freak out on him. Relax, OK? he wasn't trying to start a fight, just looking for some old cars. Probably why he posted in the "Classic forum".
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial #0054
    Installed by Carfixer 10/16/2004

Tallboy's Garage

Chuck, pay no attention to them.

Off to bed early with no dinner for you's that scared him.
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-White
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-Silver
    2011 Ford Fusion SE

Retired 2003 Mercury Marauder/Trilogy 054
    Retired 2004. 13.00 on Nitrous safely tuned by Alt Auto.

Quote Originally Posted by jstevens
    Chuck, pay no attention to them.

Off to bed early with no dinner for you's that scared him.

I belive that someone on here is named 427450 or something like that and there a pic of a sweet looking corvette in the sig as well..Maybe that could help since there will be a 427 vette comming out soon..Just tryin to help...

I know of a couple but don't know how to contact them. There is a group of 427 Cobra's in the Pudget Sound. (Most are replicas)

One of our WA State Marauder owners (toreinoheaven) has a sweet Torino, but I can't remember if it's a 427 or a 351C car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by teamrope; 02-02-2005 at 11:02 PM.

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

Hey Guys and Girls,

I had no intention of starting a rift! Nor did I denigrate the modern day Marauder.

I know in other brands we have featured, many enthusiasts own a Modern and Oldie. I merely hoped for that possibility here!

I could see an Oldie vs Newbie, that would be cool no doubt!
    However, we have a set season that we must adhere to.

Sorry to have ruffled any feathers! But, please, don't read something that is not there! I like and respect them both!

Thanks to those of you that offered to help!

Chuck West
    Hey Chuck, no ruffled feathers here, just my $.02 . Anything Marauder is a good idea for me, let us know when to watch.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Hello All!

Chuck,
    Welcome to the MM.Net

Sorry, I can't help you out in locating a 427. However, I did see your show recently that did the side-by-side comparison of the Boss 429, Chevelle SS 454, Olds 442, Dodge Challenger, Pontiac GTO Judge, AMC AMX, .... and others. It was a terrific show and brought back many fond memories from that period. Great show and a fair comparison. Keep up the great work. Good luck in finding your 427s for the upcoming season.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information