Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brand new Marauder crate motor

Marauder57 Guest
    Actually for what it is worth...if you look at the MAFF magazine it is loaded with Vortech SC kits....just the SC do it yourself and they are closer to $4k with out all the coolers and such....plus tuning and all the other goodies.....

Well one more thing enters into it also. Dennis has devoted loads of time and energy for a line of vehicles that is admittedly limited. he has a limited growth potential, after this year, no more Marauders.

Even if he added another $500-750 or even a grand, on top of what it is right now I would get it. We don't have suppliers lining up for parts for our cars and he has done wonders for the Marauder, so I will ONLY patronize his line of goodies, he deserves some loyalty and recognition for his past and future efforts. And if someone comes out with something else I'll get it through Dennis that way he makes what he can, it just makes sense for us to reward the guy that has done us a great favor.

Originally posted by Donald
    Dennis,

It was a serious question. I am told that the Vortech parts are around 2k. Just trying to understand what we get for the extra 6k.
    Donald, have you asked the other vendors what they have in there Supercharger kits and there profit margin/markup, but to answer your question, you are absolutely wrong, you cant buy the compressor or bracket kit for 2K, who have you been talking to, there totally misinformed, call Vortech ask for John Snee 805.247.0226 between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM (PST and ask him for the retail price of a 01 Cobra Kit with after coolerand its over 5K, I spent over six months custom designing this kit . For example the Cobra kit does not include a custom dual Cobra Mustang fuel pump it does not include a polished S Trim V2 compresor or a huge heat exchanger, or custom fabricated discharge and inlet piping all powder coated, or a set of 42 pound injectors, it does not come with a custom wiring harness or Maf relocation kit, it does not include tuning or the 18 or so custom parts I have included in my kit, with most after cooler kits you have to remove the battery and relocate it to the trunk, again I have priced every thing for the Marauder I sell on this site very conservatively, if you go look at some other Marauder parts vendors and compare there prices to mine, there is no comparison, for you to even suggest I have marked the kit up 6k is insulting and unfair, so if you can find the kit for 2,000 go buy it.
    Last edited by Dennis Reinhart; 10-19-2003 at 08:26 PM.

Well I certainly agree with everything Dennis said. When you have the kit delivered to your door it is just a pile of parts. When you are actually putting them on and have them in your hands, every penny of the cost justifies itself. If and when anyone here installs this kit themselves, everyone will appreciate not having to use a grinder, hacksaw, shoehorn etc. to install everything. It is all bolt in. And compare this kit to others. Trilogy is 6 grand plus tax and shipping plus install which is 1500. Kenny Brown starts at 16000. This is a bolt on, turn key kit that anyone can install with no guesswork. I did my install with NO directions, then drove 2 1/2 hours to get a dyno tune without even test driving it first. And just so everyone knows, I wrote the instructions for the kit and I can be reached for tech advice at any hour of the day like Dennis. So as far as pricing, look at the big picture. Afterall, this car is not the 69 Camaro where people are still modifying stockers 34 years later. There are a lot of bench racers here who get caught up in the talk of racing but never intend on modifying the car. This is OK! Many Marauders will be wrecked in the next few years. All the others have been upgraded by Dennis Reinhart in some way shape or form.
    I am satisfied.

Another thing, I have two cars coming to my Garage this month for the S/C treatments. I think the S/C sale is still on for a few more days.

I have two brand new 04's and one 03. In my Parking lot, One of the 04's gets the the 03 Cobra Motor up grade I am very excited about this, this car will be awsome I am expecting 550 RWHP I will post pictures all along the way, the first thing all my cars get is the transmission upgrade, then I start from there. I will be using Vortechs new JT Trim

Dennis,

Don't be insulted. Would you spend 8k not knowing what you got? Until the parts list got posted by sailsman I had no idea what one got for 8k. You have been offering this kit for months and never published a parts list. And never published a price until 10/13.

I know everyone says to just call for a price. But at 8k, the phone call is a waste of my and your time.

I prefer to see prices here where I can decide what I want to do without bothering anyone.
    2003 Marauder 1907 of 7838
    Built 06/24/02 Bought 10/25/02 Sold 1/5/19
    Reinhart chip,stat,plugs
    McGard locks
    Mercury logo valve/plate bolt caps
    Bob White black reflective letters
    Pioneer AVH-X2500BT
    Kicker 10" sub and 250 watt amp
    Gods Head spinners by Jerry

You have been offering this kit for months and never published a parts list. And never published.
    Donald,
    Dennis did post the parts list. Look under the Reinhart forums. I don't now how long you've been in this site but there is no one in the world that has done more research for us, the Marauder owners, than Dennis Reinhart. Ford may have created and sold it but Dennis is the one who led all of us to improve the car. The way he chooses to do business is his right. However if you continue to criticize him expect plenty of us to come out and defend him.
    2003-300A
    Trilogy #8 with Custom Pulley Produces 12.4psi of Boost
    407 RWHP and 384 RWT
    Best 1/4 Mile 12.028 @ 117.01mph
    From Lidio: Trilogy #8 install & Custom Tune, Custom Pulley, Chip, Accufab Throttle Body, Baer Claw Front Calipers with Crossdrilled & Slotted Rotors All Around, Custom 2¼ X-Pipe, 3 Chamber Flomaster Mufflers, Widened Rear Rims with 305 Nitto NT-555R Extreme Drag Radials, Auburn High Performance Posi.
    From Reinhart: 4.10 Rear Gear, 180 Degree Thermostat, Motorcraft Plugs, Metal Matrix Driveshaft, Rear Sway Bar.
    From Metco: Carbon Fiber Intake Tube, Control Arms & Watts Link.
    From Others: Kenny Brown Braided Brake Lines & Dead Pedal

the phone call is a waste of my and your time.
    You mean...like I just did....reading what this thread has evolved into?

TripleTransAm Guest
    Easy folks, remember that whole internet interpretation thing... the way I read Donald's reply, now that he knows a price he won't bother to call Dennis only to waste his time inquiring about something he can't afford. I can understand this point of view... I understand Dennis is a busy man and doesn't need tire kickers to slow him down. Knowing the kit price, I know *I* can't afford it, and won't bother calling Dennis about it until I am in the ballpark.

At least, this is how I interpreted the posts... Maybe I misread.

Well, if I read this right, Donald can't afford the price so he then posts that somehow he has figured that the parts can be bought for 2k, so I must be making a 6k profit, so the question is if he could not afford the kit in the first place why did he waist his time for the post. Which was insinuating that I am price gouging or unethical, now all parties have had there say here lets let this go, I dont want the thread locked.

Donald if you are to busy pick the phone up, please do me a favor and push your self back from the keyboard till you have all your facts confirmed before posting a misleading and unsubstantiated statement, I am not angry, you can call me any time, why not do as hundreds of customers have done here, go with a stage 2 and save for the S/C kit.
    Last edited by Dennis Reinhart; 10-22-2003 at 05:42 AM.

Marauder57 Guest
    Dennis,

Don't be insulted. Would you spend 8k not knowing what you got? Until the parts list got posted by sailsman I had no idea what one got for 8k. You have been offering this kit for months and never published a parts list. And never published a price until 10/13.

I know everyone says to just call for a price. But at 8k, the phone call is a waste of my and your time.

I prefer to see prices here where I can decide what I want to do without bothering anyone.
    The parts list was posted on 8/22/03 you can view the thread here SC Parts List

The price was originally posted with the list but was then taken off because at that time no other vendors were posting prices.

There was a post of the price for the sale posted back on 9/23/03. You can view the posted price for the sale and install here:

Pricing on SC

If you follow the links and do research on this forum you can find just about anything you need....or as Dennis says give him a call. Dennis does not sell something with every phone call. He gives out a ton of info everyday and enjoys talking Marauders....I mean the guys parking lot regularly has more Marauders than most dealerships....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information