Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marauder Values!

Marauder Values!

Here's a topic that should get a lot of reaction.... What are Marauders worth??? I have seen them advertised for as low as $2500. up to $30,000. Understanding the obvious for the low figure being a worn out car, with the higher figure being one that is preserved....I guess what I don't understand is how can a worn out running Marauder be worth $2500. Going back to the 60'ies muscle cars,... few had the forsite that some day, even the basket cases could bring $5000-$10,000. But a Marauder being a thoroughbred right out of the gate should never reach a bottom out figure? I still own my 72 GTO which I bought new, and wish I kept the earlier ones, so when the opportunity came to buy a Marauder, I had to have it, as I knew this would be the last true domestic muscle car outside of a Mustang, Vette. (Dodge is not a factor as their performance models are of a later era) not including foreign....I just could never imagine how a Marauder could reach the depths of a cheap back lot used car lot....Will well kept, decent mileage Marauders continue to drop in value??

Hemi Cudas were selling for $3500.00 at one time, I call that "Rock Bottom".

Simple. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. There are too many variables to discuss. As the car's get older they get to the point where they are really nice (higher prices) or worn out (low prices). The inbetween occurs when someone thinks a POS is worth 10G's or a low mile car someone has is also sold at 10 because it's an old car to them regardless of make or model. Modifications modify value up for some down for other's. Color combos the same thing. Personal preferences as well. A lot of discussion to come but ultimately price's are always fluctuating.
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Almost every new car goes through that U shaped value curve. The cars that don't are very rare. The shape of that curve varies across different cars, but they will all hit some rock bottom that will also vary. Those low values will rise over time.

Then you have the outlier individuals that get crazy thinking values for some car are ridiculously high or low, often because it's so rare or common. Rare cars are worthless if there isn't one buyer willing to pay anything close to the seller's price. Common cars will have more value in the future if they're the only thing available.

It's all relative. Relative to time, supply, demand, knowledge, etc. As was said, too many variables.

Personally, I stumble on a great deal one day only to pay too much the next. It all evens out in the end.
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

Quote Originally Posted by 03marauderman View Post
    Here's a topic that should get a lot of reaction.... What are Marauders worth??? I have seen them advertised for as low as $2500. up to $30,000. Understanding the obvious for the low figure being a worn out car, with the higher figure being one that is preserved....I guess what I don't understand is how can a worn out running Marauder be worth $2500. Going back to the 60'ies muscle cars,... few had the forsite that some day, even the basket cases could bring $5000-$10,000. But a Marauder being a thoroughbred right out of the gate should never reach a bottom out figure? I still own my 72 GTO which I bought new, and wish I kept the earlier ones, so when the opportunity came to buy a Marauder, I had to have it, as I knew this would be the last true domestic muscle car outside of a Mustang, Vette. (Dodge is not a factor as their performance models are of a later era) not including foreign....I just could never imagine how a Marauder could reach the depths of a cheap back lot used car lot....Will well kept, decent mileage Marauders continue to drop in value??

Did you buy it used? If yes, then that is what it was worth that day. To you.

You might have spent another $1,000 or $2,000 if it were closer to you, or last summer on a nice day when you wanted to cruise, or even more than that if your car broke and this came into your lap..

However, you might have paid less if you power shopped, looking for a flip, or just a tight wad. Nothing wrong with that, sellers can either will play along or tell you pound sand.

Either way, these cars have never had “a price”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Blog Entries
    "In property and auto physical damage insurance, one of several possible methods of establishing the value of insured property to determine the amount the insurer will pay in the event of loss. ACV is typically calculated one of three ways: (1) the cost to repair or replace the damaged property, minus depreciation; (2) the damaged property's "fair market value"; or (3) using the "broad evidence rule," which calls for considering all relevant evidence of the value of the damaged property.".
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

As already said, they are worth what someone will pay for it. Marauders are a rare car, but they are also not that well known/recognized. I have a guy a work who knows a lot about classic muscle, has a few, and he asked why I put rims on my grand marquis.

I would never buy a Shelby fastback mustang for 125k, but I would also never sell my DPB Marauder for under 15k.
    Previous
    2003 DPB 232 fo 328.

The exception is "Stated Value" policy - in which I have....Mine is insured with JC Taylor as the agent & Formost Insurance is the risk carrier. "Modified Policy" with a $25,000 agreed stated value, for both comp & collision...If I total my car I get $25,000. less $500. deductible...If Joe Smo Insurance totals it, and offers me market value, where they get a company like CCC to calculate all the dealer & private sale values of LKQ (like, kind & quality) in my case a 2003 Marauder, I go through my collision & still get my $25,000.

I'm getting the fact that anything is worth what somebody is willing to pay....and realize the variables of condition and desirability of a particular car. I don't believe I have overestimated the uniqueness of this rare breed and feel that a car of this pedigree would be deserving of a premium. I do feel however owners of these cars, sought them out for what they are, rather than falling into the hands of buying what happen to be a Marauder...You only had two chances to buy one of these new. 2003 & 2004...Unlike the competitors in that era before and after where if you didn't buy one one year, there is always next year... Quite honestly I lost count of all the special edition Stangs & Vetts with regards to their coded nomenclature. I mean how many more Bullitt Mustang editions do we need? Elena Ford said it best when Mercury wanted to bring back performance with V-8 power, rear wheel drive, dual exhaust, floor mounted shifter,.... bit of ole skool thinking but isn't that the attraction? I'm getting off topic here with regards to value, but the Marauder will always be a step above.....Oh and for the guy who know a lot about classic muscle asking why you put rims on a Grand Marquis? - I think he has a lot to learn.....

This car originally was going to be Ford's, as a Crown Victoria called the Night Shadow or something with a sohc 4.6 supercharged. It was not Mercury's idea , initially, to resurrect a name.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Two youtubes that I enjoy watching from time to time, to keep the juices flowing are 'Motor Week' & 'Speed Channel' Here's the link that addresses the inspiration for the Marauder development....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXKvVyJb-go

The info about the crown vic being the first chosen model was provided directly from Steve Babcock, the project manager of the Marauder. He was a regular attendee and speaker at over 10 Maraudervilles.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Well, this thread reminded me of an AAR Cuda’ I sold in 81’, it was just a 11yo car and didn’t have the original motor. I listed it in the local paper and sold it in 3 hours, the phone rang for 2 weeks...... I sold it for 3k.

I guess I should have gotten more, bought it from a friend of a friend who needed money for taxes, I paid $200 for it, in less than a week, I recouped my money, at least that’s the only way I can look at it and not cry... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

read this thread and the PDF's supplied by Steve Babcock as well. Although not listed on paper anywhere, Steve told us that some large Lincoln dealers in TX that had some influence with Elena Ford lobbied to her that they should be charging $5k more. The target price was originally $30,995 so she did and priced them out of the market and had poor marketing of the car, thus why a short run of a car supposed to be a Ford version of the Impala SS of the mid 90's.

https://mercurymarauder.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=95463

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Hey Tom your Facebook page got hacked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information