Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marauder Values!

Arrow

RubberCtyRauder - This car originally was going to be Ford's, as a Crown Victoria called the Night Shadow or something ...
    The Blackhawk ««« -click-

I'm not here to discredit Steve Babcocks creditability nor anyone else's, I was simply providing where I obtained my info from. I view forums as a fun place to share a common interest, I mean who really cares outside this circle. Get with a group of motor heads and a Marauder topic is short lived. If you really want to raise the bar on Marauders, try running a couple of mint examples through Barrett Jackson, but that's a whole different topic..... I fell in love with the Marauder the first time I saw one, and it was instant, no pondering. It was perfect for a last chance, to get a car that brought out the excitement of cars in our youth, speaking for myself.... I am perfectly content with my bone stock out of the box Marauder, and the thrill I get going down a ramp merging on to an expressway....I found another interesting youtube on a $5000. Marauder, complete with painted red emblems and a trunk full of boom boxes. Examples like this puts a better prospective on the value of these cars....Oh and getting back to Ford....Didn't they have their hands full with the Thunderbirds at that time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fAgdAtAW0A

Ah...I think this is the Vic your talking about....So it did go into production?

https://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/d/20...745632710.html

Quote Originally Posted by 03marauderman View Post
    Ah...I think this is the Vic your talking about....So it did go into production?

https://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/d/20...745632710.html
    No, that is a sport, same sohc motor. The Marauder was originally conceived as a Crown Vic Blackhawk. Mercury had nothing to do with it at the time. Then higher-ups decided to give it to Mercury as their sales were flat and dwindling. Steve Babcock worked for Ford and when the Crown Vic concept was given to Mercury, he transferred to Mercury and led the entire project. YouTube stuff is subjective, most of it tweaked info.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Two youtubes that I enjoy watching from time to time, to keep the juices flowing are 'Motor Week' & 'Speed Channel' Here's the link that addresses the inspiration for the Marauder development....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXKvVyJb-go

I’d love to flip my keys to Parnelli for a review..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I'm not here to discredit Steve Babcocks creditability nor anyone else's, I was simply providing where I obtained my info from. I view forums as a fun place to share a common interest, I mean who really cares outside this circle. Get with a group of motor heads and a Marauder topic is short lived. If you really want to raise the bar on Marauders, try running a couple of mint examples through Barrett Jackson, but that's a whole different topic..... I fell in love with the Marauder the first time I saw one, and it was instant, no pondering. It was perfect for a last chance, to get a car that brought out the excitement of cars in our youth, speaking for myself.... I am perfectly content with my bone stock out of the box Marauder, and the thrill I get going down a ramp merging on to an expressway....I found another interesting youtube on a $5000. Marauder, complete with painted red emblems and a trunk full of boom boxes. Examples like this puts a better prospective on the value of these cars....Oh and getting back to Ford....Didn't they have their hands full with the Thunderbirds at that time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fAgdAtAW0A
    At a minimum get a tune from Marty at Mo's speed shop(sponsor here) to fix the annoying transmission schedule Mercury came up with. You'll thank me later.

I paid 7200 for my 300a, clean title, 138,000 miles. bone stock + dealer service records.

The exception is "Stated Value" policy - in which I have....Mine is insured with JC Taylor as the agent & Formost Insurance is the risk carrier. "Modified Policy" with a $25,000 agreed stated value, for both comp & collision...If I total my car I get $25,000. less $500. deductible...If Joe Smo Insurance totals it, and offers me market value, where they get a company like CCC to calculate all the dealer & private sale values of LKQ (like, kind & quality) in my case a 2003 Marauder, I go through my collision & still get my $25,000.
    I'm getting the fact that anything is worth what somebody is willing to pay......
    Since your willing to tell us what you have on yours above...…..and worth what somebody is willing to pay...……… could you tell us what you paid for the
    $25,000 insurance cover like yours--?--some of us may be in the market for some of the same--... Thanks
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

I have 2 cars on my JC Taylor modified policy..the Marauder and a 06 Crown Victoria retired NYC taxi....with the extended body. Rear doors are 12" longer than a regular CV....25k on the Marauder, 10k on the taxi, just comp on that, no collision. The yearly premium is $636.00.....

If you have comp only, then your cars are not covered in any collisions, Your ins. co. will not pick up the difference if another party is at fault..
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

The Marauder has full coverage - Comp & Collision...... the taxi only has Comp....

03marauderman - Ah...I think this is the Vic your talking about....So it did go into production? < 2004 Crown Victoria CraigsList(ing) >
    As RubberCtyRauder noted, that is a LX Sport model of the Crown Victoria

The Crown Victoria LX Sport was available beginning mid-year 2001 (as a Sport Appearance Package option) thru 2008 (LX Premium Sport Handling and Performance package). While they share the majority of body panels, have leather bucket seating and a floor shift with the 2003-2004 Marauder, they are not equivalent.

Details » Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport ««« -click-

NOTE: Mercury offered an equivalent model of the LX Sport, the Grand Marquis LSE (Limited Sport Edition) in 2001-2003, 2004 (Canada only) and 2005. More information: Grand Marquis LSE

My Marauder is worth all the pain and suffering to date. Oh, and whatever Marty wants to make my dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowndex View Post
    My Marauder is worth all the pain and suffering to date. Oh, and whatever Marty wants to make my dream come true.

Mine is worth $8 after all it has had done to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

The exception is "Stated Value" policy - in which I have....Mine is insured with JC Taylor as the agent & Formost Insurance is the risk carrier. "Modified Policy" with a $25,000 agreed stated value, for both comp & collision...If I total my car I get $25,000. less $500. deductible...If Joe Smo Insurance totals it, and offers me market value, where they get a company like CCC to calculate all the dealer & private sale values of LKQ (like, kind & quality) in my case a 2003 Marauder, I go through my collision & still get my $25,000.

Yep, that's how a "Stated" or "Agreed Value" policy from a collector/hobby insurance company works.

Unlike getting "antique" or "premium determination" policy from a Standard carrier. This coverage is still paid out at loss based on ACV with the policy "value" being a max cap.

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12